Happiness-Inspiring Generosity Quotes
These generosity quotes will motivate you to be more generous in order to bring happiness to yourself and others.
Being generous entails more than just being nice or helpful. Giving more to others than you are expected to contribute is the definition of generosity. Because generosity is unexpected, it can provide enormous joy and happiness to both the giver and the receiver.
Do you believe that generosity may lead to success?
I once heard that you should always act on your charitable inclinations. My friend likes to wear hats a lot. When someone compliments him on a hat he’s wearing, his initial response is “thank you,” followed by “would you like it?” He’s given away an untold number of hats on the spur of the moment, but each time he and the person to whom he gave his hat walked away from the talk with a tremendous smile on their faces.
Generosity does not have to come in the form of a hat or money. Giving a smile or taking a few additional minutes to talk to someone who is in need can be quite generous.
Take a look at our selection of inspirational quotes about charity. These quotes will motivate you to act on your giving instincts and spread happiness to those around you.
Quotes about selflessness and generosity
1. “True generosity is an offering; given freely and out of pure love. No strings attached. No expectations.” – Suze Orman
2. “Real generosity is doing something nice for someone who will never find out.” – Frank A. Clark
3. “Generosity is not giving me that which I need more than you do, but it is giving me that which you need more than I do.” – Khalil Gibran
4. “Giving frees us from the familiar territory of our own needs by opening our mind to the unexplained worlds occupied by the needs of others.” –Barbara Bush
5. “Sometimes when we are generous in small, barely detectable ways it can change someone else’s life forever.” – Margaret Cho
6. “What we have done for ourselves alone dies with us; what we have done for others and the world remains and is immortal.” – Albert Pike
7. “It is a powerful practice to be generous when you are the one feeling in need.” – Allan Lokos
8. “That’s what I consider true generosity: You give your all, and yet you always feel as if it costs you nothing.” ― Simone de Beauvoir
9. “I come in a world of iron…to make a world of gold” ― Dale Wasserman
10. “Love is the desire for another’s happiness.” ― Marty Rubin
11. “To be happy for the happiness of others, that is true generosity.” – Marty Rubin
Also, read these great Native American quotes on community, respect, and other topics.
Gratitude quotes about generosity
12. “In the end, though, maybe we must all give up trying to pay back the people in this world who sustain our lives. In the end, maybe it’s wiser to surrender before the miraculous scope of human generosity and to just keep saying thank you, forever and sincerely, for as long as we have voices.” ― Elizabeth Gilbert
13. “He’d been generous, yes, but lots of people are generous; what made him different was the fact that he’d taken responsibility for me.” ― Sebastian Junger
14. “You give but little when you give of your possessions. It is when you give of yourself that you truly give.” ― Kahlil Gibran
15. “You have not lived today until you have done something for someone who can never repay you.” ― John Bunyan
16. “Earth would be such a better place every second of every day if we could just show up with an attitude of generosity and gratitude, and acceptance for one another.” ― Elisabeth Sheff
If you’re enjoying these quotes, make sure to read our collection of Gratitude quotes that will transform your perspective.
Kindness quotes about generosity
17. “We live far happier lives when we are generous in as many ways as possible.” ― Cathy Burnham Martin
18. “It requires neither time nor money to be kind.” ― Cathy Burnham Martin
19. “Good words are worth much and cost little.” – George Herbert
20. “It is said that you can’t take it with you; I say there are two things you can take with you: the things you do for others and the things you do to others” – Harold H. Cornett, Jr.
21. “No act of kindness no matter how small is ever wasted.” – Aesop
22. “One good turn deserves another” – Aesop
23. “Without kindness there can be no true joy.” – Thomas Carlyle
24. “You catch more flies with honey than you do with vinegar.” – Ben Franklin
25. “Generosity could be as contagious as the zombie plague as long as enough people were willing to be carriers.” – Jonathan Maberry
26. “Be generous with kindly words, especially about those who are absent.” – Johann Wolfgang von Goethe
27. “There is no exercise better for the heart than reaching down and lifting people up.” ― John Holmes
28. “A kind gesture can reach a wound that only compassion can heal.” ― Steve Maraboli
29. “I care not for a man’s religion whose dog and cat are not the better for it.” ― Abraham Lincoln
30. “When will our consciences grow so tender that we will act to prevent human misery rather than avenge it?” ― Eleanor Roosevelt
31. “Give what you have. To someone, it may be better than you dare to think.” ― Henry Wadsworth Longfellow
32. “You cannot do a kindness too soon because you never know how soon it will be too late.” —Ralph Waldo Emerson
Quotes on pride and generosity
33. “Generosity is giving more than you can, and pride is taking less than you need.” ― Khalil Gibran
34. “It takes generosity to be the one teaching, and humility to be the one being taught.” ― Mokokoma Mokhonoana
35. “It takes generosity to discover the whole through others. If you realize you are only a violin, you can open yourself up to the world by playing your role in the concert.” – Jacques-Yves Cousteau
36. “Being generous often consists of simply extending a hand. That’s hard to do if you are grasping tightly to your righteousness, your belief system, your superiority, your assumptions about others, your definition of normal.” –Patti Digh
37. “Every man must decide whether he will walk in the light of creative altruism or in the darkness of destructive selfishness.” – Martin Luther King, Jr.
38. “Generosity during life is a very different thing from generosity in the hour of death; one proceeds from genuine liberality and benevolence, the other from pride or fear.” – Horace Mann
Generosity quotes that will inspire you
39. “Never measure your generosity by what you give, but rather by what you have left.” –Bishop Fulton J. Sheen
40. “Give a bowl of rice to a man and you will feed him for a day. Teach him how to grow his own rice and you will save his life.” ― Confucius
41. “For it is in giving that we receive.” ― St. Francis of Assisi
42. “Generosity can also be a better weapon to manipulation. The most loving person can easily destroy you when you rely on their pity.” ― Kangoma Kindembo
43. “Generosity is based in knowing what you are capable of giving, and going just a little beyond that.” ― Lodro Rinzler
If you’re enjoying these quotes, make sure to read our collection of giving quotes about the power of generosity.
44. “We are losing the generosity day by day that integrates and increases the way to honour and moral values of us.” ― Ehsan Sehgal
45. “Real generosity toward the future lies in giving all to the present.”-Albert Camus
46. “He who cannot give anything away cannot feel anything either.” –Friedrich Nietzsche
47. “One would give generous alms if one had the eyes to see the beauty of a cupped receiving hand.” –Johann Wolfgang von Goethe
48. “Many men have been capable of doing a wise thing, more a cunning thing, but very few a generous thing”- Alexander Pope
49. “It is through generous giving, that we affirm before the world, our nation’s faith in the inalienable right of every man, to a life of freedom, justice and security.” –Harry S. Truman
50. “As desire abates, generosity is born. When we are connected and present, what else is there to do but give?” – Jack Kornfield
Other generosity quotes and sayings
51. “The most truly generous persons are those who give silently without hope of praise or reward.” – Carol Ryrie Brink
52. “Conquer the angry one by not getting angry; conquer the wicked by goodness; conquer the stingy by generosity, and the liar by speaking the truth.” – Siddhārtha Gautama
53. “Because when you love something, you want to do it all the time, even if no one is paying you for it. At least that’s how I felt about drawing.” – Meg Cabot
54. “Be practical as well as generous in your ideals. Keep your eyes on the stars, but remember to keep your feet on the ground.” – Theodore Roosevelt
55. “The wise man does not lay up his own treasures. The more he gives to others, the more he has for his own.” – Lao Tzu
56. “Pride only helps us to be generous; it never makes us so, any more than vanity makes us witty.” – George Eliot
57. “Real generosity is anonymous to the extent that a man should be prepared even to be considered ungenerous rather than explain it to others.” – Idries Shah
58. “If truth doesn’t set you free, generosity of spirit will.” – Katerina Stoykova Klemer
59. “Generosity without delicacy, like wit without judgement, generally gives as much pain as pleasure.” – Frances Burney
60. “Goodness is about character – integrity, honesty, kindness, generosity, moral courage, and the like. More than anything else, it is about how we treat other people.” – Dennis Prager
Which of these quotes about generosity spoke to you the most?
We all know that generosity may lead to happiness, and after all, what is success if not happiness?
Generous people are typically happier and more compassionate than others. They create better interactions in their professional and personal life as a result of these characteristics. Because their lives are built on how they can serve others rather than what they keep, they are frequently more confident and have an inner feeling of freedom.
Have you found these generous quotes to be inspiring? Which of the quotes stood out to you the most? Please share your thoughts in the box below.
Getting to Know the Stranger in the Mirror
Getting to Know the Stranger in the Mirror
Have you ever caught a glimpse of a woman and wondered, “Who is she?” Did your eyes catch sight of her? Was her image altered? How long did it take for you to realize the woman returning your look were you?
When I realized I didn’t know what I was doing,
I was married at an early age in 1989. In truth, I was only twenty years old, idealistic, and ready to devote myself to family life, or so I believed. And, like many others, I finally got disillusioned with what I originally thought was the proper path for me. There were times when I questioned the direction of my life and even wrote about it. Nevertheless, daily life gradually encroached on those fleeting moments of freedom—freedom to genuinely know myself. Many attempts to connect to life’s purpose left me fatigued in an endeavor to feel a part of something bigger than my little corner of the globe.
Twenty years have gone. By 2009, I realized my life had changed drastically. From my perspective, everything appeared to have been designed by a stranger, and the lady attempting to live it was me. I felt disconnected from myself, my principles, and even my own identity. Many of us have similar experiences and are faced with the decision of remaining comfortably hidden or pursuing the path toward self-improvement and authenticity. Despite my desire for quick and painless remedies, my trip required several more years of my life. Underlying my dissatisfaction were two questions: “Who am I? Whose life am I living? Although the answers were unknown, finding them had become critical. As a result, I committed to the task regardless of how far I traveled or where I ended myself. Today, little remains of the lady who started this adventure.
Taking the first step toward better understanding oneself
Initially, I decided to start therapy, which prompted me to confront personal prejudices about who sought counseling. This first step called into question my belief that I was coping with life. I wasn’t. The truth was that after a lengthy history of undivided commitment to others, I had become emotionally bankrupt. Therapy eventually revealed the need to nourish myself, but it would not be easy after such a lengthy period of neglect.
I started writing every day to explain and understand my road back to myself, which gave me strength on the hardest days. I took small steps ahead, resisting the old voices that beckoned my return. I realized that if I was unhealthy, nothing in my life could be healthy. So I persisted in my efforts to become the healthiest version of myself imaginable.
My body suffered as a result of the stress I was experiencing.
Regrettably, I was not only emotionally destitute, but also physically depleted and began to experience health problems. My mental and physiological stress responses were more pronounced, and my body became unable to manage itself. At the time, I was under the care of a holistic medical professional who initiated drastic dietary adjustments to address the physical imbalances. I cut off gluten, sugar, and dairy from my diet. I educated myself on healing nutrition, learnt how to find higher-quality foods, and learned how to prepare my own meals. I dropped weight quickly after changing my eating habits. Over the next few years, more than a hundred pounds vanished. My body gradually but steadily shed the protective coating I had been carrying for much of my life. As I lost weight, my body image and perception changed, revealing more of my genuine identity. My physical and emotional health were so intertwined that any change in either triggered and fueled a seemingly never-ending chain of events.
Getting closer to the real myself by finishing what I started
In 2011, I returned to college to earn my degree in psychology and social work while supporting my mental and physical healing. I enrolled in an accelerated master’s program in clinical social work after finishing my bachelor’s program in 2013. Education provided me with an opportunity to explore new beliefs, values, and a new self-perspective. In many respects, the time I spent getting an education encouraged and strengthened me to change the direction of my life.
Minor modifications that resulted in big changes
As I made small modifications, I was overwhelmed and disheartened by their size. Yet, there were some surprises along the road. I was instructed to compose my personal narrative when I first started counseling. Originally, the practice strengthened my comprehension of the details of my life, but it quickly expanded into much more. My creativity began to emerge as writing became a means of healing. I attended poetry readings on weekends, wrote on a regular basis, and experimented with poetry. When the voyage became too lengthy or desperate for me, poetry provided the solace I required. It communicated to me in a language that invited me to learn more about myself, and it did so without expecting anything in return.
These events have taught me to first know and trust myself in life. Every day, I learned more about my own identity, purpose, and voice. I began a completely new life. Everyone of us possesses untapped potential that is only waiting for the spark of growth. We all have the opportunity to become more authentic and live lives that truly reflect who we are.
I still have instances when my own reflection surprises me. I’m not sure who she is: the woman in the mirror. And then I realize she is exactly who she is meant to be.
Are you having fun reading the Daily Brightside? You might also love to read the following inspirational success quotes:
- Grace Quotes That Will Transform Your Life
- New Month Quotes for New Beginnings
- Pet quotes and Expressions for Animal Lovers
- Happy New Year 2023
- 15 Surprising Reasons to Be Thankful in Life
Please take a moment to Like, Comment, and Share this post!
Shine in the Darkness with Moon Quotes
This collection of “moon quotes” will help you see the beauty in life and inspire you to believe in your purpose.
1. “Don’t tell me the moon is shining; show me the glint of light on broken glass.” – Anton Chekhov
2. “The moon is a loyal companion. It never leaves. It’s always there, watching, steadfast, knowing us in our light and dark moments, changing forever just as we do. Every day it’s a different version of itself. Sometimes weak and wan, sometimes strong and full of light. The moon understands what it means to be human. Uncertain. Alone. Cratered by imperfections.” – Tahereh Mafi
3. “The moon is a friend for the lonesome to talk to.” – Carl Sandburg
4. “The moon does not fight. It attacks no one. It does not worry. It does not try to crush others. It keeps to its course, but by its very nature, it gently influences. What other body could pull an entire ocean from shore to shore? The moon is faithful to its nature and its power is never diminished.” – Deng Ming-Dao
5. “But even when the moon looks like it’s waning…it’s actually never changing shape. Don’t ever forget that.” – Ai Yazawa
6. “The beautiful moon is an antidepressant. Love for her light is in every heart because she is so friendly, loving and forgiving.” – Debasish Mridha MD
7. “When hope is fleeting, stop for a moment and visualize, in a sky of silver, the crescent of a lavender moon. Imagine it — delicate, slim, precise, like a paper-thin slice from a cabochon jewel. It may not be very useful, but it is beautiful. And sometimes it is enough.” – Vera Nazarian
8. “Shoot for the moon. Even if you miss, you’ll land among the stars.” – Les Brown
9. “The moon will guide you through the night with her brightness, but she will always dwell in the darkness, in order to be seen.” – Shannon L. Alder
10. “We choose to go to the moon in this decade and do the other things, not because they are easy, but because they are hard, because that goal will serve to organize and measure the best of our energies and skills, because that challenge is one that we are willing to accept, one we are unwilling to postpone, and one which we intend to win.” – John F. Kennedy
Moon quotes to help you appreciate the wonders of life
At night, the moon shines and illuminates our world. But, in addition to lighting up our nights, the moon can be a great motivator, teaching us many life lessons.
The moon is imperfect, but it is still beautiful and enjoyable to watch. It exudes beauty and elegance for no apparent reason. Despite our imperfections, we should be calm and reflect beauty, just like the moon. We should shine in the midst of life’s darkness, paving the way for the path of light.
Like us, the moon goes through phases. We should embrace changes in our lives without fear of the differences they may bring.
Strive for every possible success, but don’t sit on your laurels for too long. Like the moon, you should be willing to let go of your past in order to rise to a new height.
Below is a collection of beautiful, wise, and inspirational moon quotes, moon sayings, and moon proverbs gathered from various sources over the years to brighten your life with imagination and possibilities.
Moon quotes that celebrate the light in the darkness
11. “It is a beautiful and delightful sight to behold the body of the Moon.” – Galileo Galilei
12. “The magic of autumn has seized the countryside; now that the sun isn’t ripening anything it shines for the sake of the golden age; for the sake of Eden; to please the moon for all I know.” – Elizabeth Coatsworth
If you like these quotes, you should check out our collection of fall quotes about falling in love.
13. “The moon is the reflection of your heart and moonlight is the twinkle of your love.” – Debasish Mridha
14. “When we are looking at the moon, we see the purest reflection of our own beauty and magic, which is why we love the moon so much.” – Debasish Mridha MD
15. “This is what I am talking about: the bewitching power of moonlight. Moonlight incites dark passions like a cold flame, making hearts burning with the intensity of phosphorus.” – Rampo Edogawa
16. “You may have the dark and cold street life, ruled by the lessor light of the moon. During this time, I restore my temple, and later awake to greet the awesome radiance of the sun-star.” – T.F. Hodge
17. “If you have a problem with the Moon in the sky and you are unhappy, change yourself, because the Moon won’t change!” – Mehmet Murat ildan
18. “And at the end of the night, they realized how important those little stars were, which they ignored while adoring the beauty of the moon whole night.” – Akshay Vasu
19. “I’m in no hurry: the sun and the moon aren’t, either. Nobody goes faster than the legs they have. If where I want to go is far away, I’m not there in an instant.” – Alberto Caeiro
20. “The moon stared at me through sprinkled nighttime stardust and I alone smile.” – Jay Long
Moon quotes to motivate you to grow and regenerate
21. “I’d rather live in a world where I get to love the moon than in one where I don’t, even if the moon won’t return the feeling.” – Alex London
22. “The moon fascinates us in her simplicity.” – Avijeet Das
23. “She has always been admired by the sun; For the way she rises each time after she falls. But the way she sparkles and glows whenever she talks about the things she adores; makes the moon and stars watch in envy…” – Samiha Totanji
24. “He could well imagine what the moon had given her: pure solitude and tranquility. That was the best thing the moon could give a person.” – Haruki Murakami
25. “No living thing ever defeated Tain Hu in battle. Only the tide could fight her. Only the moon and the sea together could bring her down.” – Seth Dickinson
26. “Have you ever felt this feeling? When suddenly out of the blue someone walks right into your heart? And then you keep staring at the sky at night and keep asking the stars and the moon to help you figure this all out!” – Avijeet Das
27. “The moon is sun at your place splashing its rays below but it’s the same art board we stare at!” – Suyasha Subedi
28. “Smile like the moon to make life beautiful, because in your beautiful smile life finds meaning.” – Debasish Mridha MD
29. “As the seas are claimed, the Moon shall be the jewel in the prize. Claimed, not as a safe haven, but as an island of menace within the sky. And the last nail will have been driven home when humanity realizes their inactive mistakes.” – Anthony T. Hincks
30. “She is twice as beautiful as the moon and all of the stars together.” – Giovannie de Sadeleer
Moon quotes to inspire you to believe in your mission
31. “During the day the Sun causes wounds. And in the night the Moon heals the wounds. The mountain waits all day for the night when his moon will be finally bright.” – Suyasha Subedi
32. “You are the sun. You bring warmth, laughter and joy—but he is the moon. He draws me into a world of mystery that I have never known.” – Meredith T. Taylor
33. “I can feel the moon’s love for the earth in my soul when it’s magical silent silvery light touches my heart.” – Debasish Mridha MD
If you like these quotes, you should also check out our collection of magic quotes about the power of the unseen.
34. “Be like the moon in someone’s sky and show her the way of life with your loving silvery lights during the darkness.” – Debasish Mridha MD
If you like these quotes, you’ll love our collection of dark quotes that will inspire you to keep going and reassure you that everything will be fine.
35.) “The moon is queen of everything. She rules the oceans, rivers, rain. When I am asked whose tears these are; I always blame the moon.” – Lucille Clifton
36. “Meditate. Live purely. Be quiet. Do your work with mastery. Like the moon, come out from behind the clouds! Shine.”- Gautama Buddha
37. “We may look at the same moon, but our hearts sing different songs depending on our inner emotions and perceptions.” – Debasish Mridha MD
38. “The Moon is the first milestone on the road to the stars.” – Arthur C. Clarke
39. “It is no secret that the moon has no light of her own, but is, as it were, a mirror, receiving brightness from the influence of the sun.” – Vitruvius
If you like these quotes, you’ll appreciate our collection of mirror quotes that will alter your perception.
40. “The moon, like a flower in heaven’s high bower, With silent delight Sits and smiles on the night.”- William Blake
Beautiful moon quotes to brighten your day
41. “The wisdom of the Moon is greater than the wisdom of the Earth, because the Moon sees the universe better than the Earth can see it.” – Mehmet Murat Ildan
42. “I still say, ‘Shoot for the moon; you might get there.” – Buzz Aldrin
43. “Tell me what you feel in your room when the full moon is shining in upon you and your lamp is dying out, and I will tell you how old you are, and I shall know if you are happy.” – Henri Frederic Amiel
44. “When the storm is over and night falls and the moon is out in all its glory and all you’re left with is the rhythm of the sea, of the waves, you know what God intended for the human race, you know what paradise is.” – Harold Pinter
If you like these quotes, you should also read our collection of waves quotes for surfers and beach lovers.
45. “When I admire the wonders of a sunset or the beauty of the moon, my soul expands in the worship of the creator.” – Mahatma Gandhi
46. “The faults of a superior person are like the sun and moon. They have their faults, and everyone sees them; they change and everyone looks up to them. “– Confucius
47. “When I look at the moon I do not see a hostile, empty world. I see the radiant body where man has taken his first steps into a frontier that will never end.” – David Scott
48. “The lovely moon may not be able to breathe, but it takes our breath away with her incredible beauty and soft silvery love.” – Debasish Mridha MD
49. “There are nights when the wolves are silent and only the moon howls.”- George Carlin
If you enjoyed these quotes, be sure to check out our collection of George Carlin quotes.
50. “Your thoughts are a veil on the face of the Moon. That Moon is your heart, and those thoughts cover your heart. So let them go, just let them fall into the water.” – Rumi
Inspirational moon quotes to help you think more clearly
51. “She used to tell me that a full moon was when mysterious things happen and wishes come true.”― Shannon A. Thompson
52. “This super full moon brings grounding that opens a doorway of new healing, new teaching and new mysteries.” —Unknown
53. “The moon was reigning over their world, glowing its full splendor to all those willing to look up.”― Irina Serban
54. “Everyone is a moon, and has a dark side which he never shows to anybody.” —Mark Twain
55. “The moon rested right above the mountains, a place I call home.”― Daniel Wallock
56. “There is no dark side of the moon really. Matter of fact it’s all dark.” —Pink Floyd
57. “The moon looks upon many night flowers; the night flowers see but one moon.” —Jean Ingelow
58. “The sun Watches what I do. But the moon knows all my secrets.” —J.M Wonderland
59. “If someday the moon calls you by your name don’t be surprised, because every night I tell her about you.” —Shahrazad al-Khalij
60. “In presence of the Moon nobody sees stars.” —Amit Kalantri
Other moon quotes and sayings
61. “And all the insects ceased in honor of the moon.” — Jack Kerouac
62. “The moon has awoken with the sleep of the sun, the light has been broken; the spell has begun.”― Anonymous
63. “With the light all around us, we felt secret in that moon–infused water like pearls forming in the soft tissues of oysters.” — Pat Conroy
64. “She always said she’d prefer to die on her way to the moon than under a runaway bus.”― Alan Bradley
65. “It was the kind of moon that I would want to send back to my ancestors and gift to my descendants so they know that I too have been bruised…by beauty.” — Sanober Khan
66. “Full moon is a good fisherman; every eye is easily caught in his net!” — Mehmet Murat Ildan
67. “Many solemn nights blond moon, we stand and marvel…Sleeping our noons away.” — Teitoku
68. “The moon — a luminous guide for the poetic musings of my soul.” ― Meeta Ahluwalia
69. “There’s no point in saving the world if it means losing the moon.” — Tom Robbins
70. “And all the stars in the deep blue sky are the tears of the moon; the ones he cried while dreaming about the sun.”― Laura Chouette
Moon-Related Quotes and Sayings
71. “Moonlight drowns out all but the brightest stars.” – J.R.R. Tolkien
72. “We are all like the bright moon, we still have our darker side.” – Khalil Gibran
73. “Do not swear by the moon, for she changes constantly. Then your love would also change.” – William Shakespeare
74. “Three things cannot be long hidden: the sun, the moon, and the truth.” – Buddha
75. “Aim for the moon. If you miss, you may hit a star.” – W. Clement Stone
76. “There was a man who loved the moon, but whenever he tried to embrace her, she broke into a thousand pieces and left him drenched, with empty arms.” ― Laini Taylor
77. “I am the sun who will bring delight when you are in front of me. I am the moon who will show shyness when you are away from me.” – Santosh Kalwar
78. “Moonlight is sculpture; sunlight is painting.” – Nathaniel Hawthorne
79. “Be the moon and inspire people, even when you’re far from full.” – K. Tolnoe
80. “She was like the moon, half here and half somewhere else.” – Meeta Ahluwalia
Did you like these quotes about the moon?
At night, the moon illuminates our world. Similarly, we should be confident in our beauty and elegance, regardless of any flaws we may have.
The moon reminds us that the beauty of life cannot be taken away by darkness. Despite life’s ups and downs, we should reflect beauty and believe in our purpose.
Which of these moon quotes did you like best? Do you have any additional inspirational quotes to share? Tell us in the comments section below. Also, if you liked the quotes, please share them with your friends and followers.
Are you having fun reading the Daily Brightside?
Please take a moment to Like, Comment, and Share this post!
Your Path To Greatness Is Celebrated With Journey Quotes
As you work towards your goals and dreams, let our latest collection of journey quotes inspire you. These journey quotes will help you stay focused on your journey to greatness.
Everyone aspires to be great. Greatness, like most good things, does not come easily.
To be great, you must step outside of your comfort zone. You must establish and maintain goals. Furthermore, you must strive to improve every day.
Being great takes time; it is not a single step but a journey filled with various challenges and opportunities. To achieve ultimate greatness and achieve all of your goals, you must overcome obstacles one at a time and seize opportunities as they present themselves.
To succeed, you must stay focused on your journey to greatness by sticking to the goals you set for yourself. Reading what successful people have to say about the road to success is one way to stay motivated on your path to greatness.
Below you will find our collection of inspirational, motivating, and thought-provoking journey quotes, sayings, and proverbs gathered over the years from various sources.
Remember to look through our collection of Walt Disney quotes to be inspired to greatness. We also have a collection of inspirational meaningful quotes to help you stay on track. Make sure to read that as well.
For Your Path To Greatness, Journey Quotes
1. ”Don’t be discouraged if the people around you don’t see what you see in your dream. Most great people were doubted in the beginning of their journey to greatness.” ― Edmond Mbiaka
2. ”The journey of a thousand miles begins with one step.” – Lao Tzu
3. ”The only impossible journey is the one you never begin.” – Tony Robbins
4. ”Success is a journey, not a destination. The doing is often more important than the outcome.”- Arthur Ashe
5. ”Your journey has molded you for the greater good.” – Asha Tyson
6. ”If you can’t fly, then run, if you can’t walk run, then walk, if you can’t walk, then crawl, but by all means keep moving.” – Martin Luther King Jr.
7. ”The key to realizing a dream is to focus not on success but significance, and then even the small steps and little victories along your path will take on greater meaning.” – Oprah Winfrey
8. ”If you want to achieve excellence, you can get there today. As of this second, quit doing less-than-excellent work.”—Thomas J. Watson
9. ”You must remain focused on your journey to greatness.” – Les Brown
10. ”People do not decide to become extraordinary. They decide to accomplish extraordinary things.” —Edmund Hillary
Check out these insightful planning quotes to motivate you to take charge of your life.
Journey quotes to help you succeed on your journey.
11. ”If a person has any greatness in oneself, it comes to light, not in one flamboyant hour, but in the ledger of one’s daily work.” –Beryl Markham, West with the Night
12. ”Don’t limit yourself. Many people limit themselves to what they think they can do. You can go as far as your mind lets you. What you believe, remember, you can achieve.” —Mary Kay Ash
13. ”Beware of those who criticize you when you deserve some praise for an achievement, for it is they who secretly desire to be worshiped.” ― Suzy Kassem
14. ”Never throughout history has a man who lived a life of ease left a name worth remembering.” ― Theodore Roosevelt
15. ”Greatness lies not in being strong, but in the right use of strength.” –Henry Ward Beecher
16. ”The ultimate is not to win, but to reach within the depths of your capabilities and to compete against yourself.” – Billy Mills
17. ”Is it so bad, then, to be misunderstood? Pythagoras was misunderstood, and Socrates, and Jesus, and Luther, and Copernicus, and Galileo, and Newton, and every pure and wise spirit that ever took flesh. To be great is to be misunderstood.” – Ralph Waldo Emerson
18. ”True greatness is the most ready to recognize and most willing to obey those simple outward laws which have been sanctioned by the experience of mankind.” – Froude
19. ”All our dreams can come true, if we have the courage to pursue them.” – Walt Disney
20. ”Instead of freaking out about these constraints, embrace them. Let them guide you. Constraints drive innovation and force focus. Instead of trying to remove them, use them to your advantage.”- 37 Signals
Inspirational journey quotes to help you achieve your objectives
21. ”Tough times never last, but tough people do.” – Robert H. Schuller
22. ”Remember why you started.” – Anonymous
23. ”We all have things we must do that we don’t really care to do and things we must do that we don’t mind doing, then there’s the goofing off.” – Mi Oon
24. ”A ship in the harbor is safe, but that is not what ships are built for.”- John A. Shedd
25. ”Have the courage to follow your heart and intuition. They somehow already know what you truly want to become.” –Steve Jobs
26. ”If you’re not making someone else’s life better, then you’re wasting your time. Your life will become better by making other lives better.” – Will Smith
27. ”You will never truly know yourself, or the strength of your relationships, until both have been tested by adversity.” – J.K. Rowling
28. ”Setting goals is the first step in turning the invisible into the visible —the foundation for all success in life” –Tony Robbins
29. ”The successful warrior is the average man, with laser-like focus.” – Bruce Lee
30. “Success consists of going from failure to failure without loss of enthusiasm.” – Winston Churchill
You might also be interested in these legacy quotes that will motivate you to make your mark on the world right now.
Journey quotes to keep you motivated on your journey to greatness
31. ”Many of life’s failures are people who did not realize how close they were to success when they gave up.” – Thomas Alva Edison
32. ”We learn wisdom from failure much more than from success. We often discover what will do, by finding out what will not do; and probably he who never made a mistake, never made a discovery.” – Samuel Smiles
33. ”I’ve missed more than 9,000 shots in my career. I’ve lost almost 300 games. 26 times, I’ve been trusted to take the game winning shot and missed. I’ve failed over and over and over again in my life and that is why I succeed.” – Michael Jordan
34. ”Take the first step in faith. You don’t have to see the whole staircase, just take the first step.” – Dr. Martin Luther King Jr.
35. ”When you want to succeed as bad as you want to breathe, then you’ll be successful.” – Eric Thomas
36. ”Before anything else, preparation is the key to success.” – Alexander Graham Bell
37. ”Action is the foundational key to all success.” – Pablo Picasso
38. ”If you’re going through hell, keep going.” – Winston Churchill
39. ”When it comes to success, there are no shortcuts.” – Bo Bennett
40. ”Success is the fruit of concentration.” – Navjot Singh Sidhu
Additional journey quotes to inspire and teach
41. ”Greatness is not in where we stand, but in what direction we are moving. We must sail sometimes with the wind and sometimes against it – but sail we must and not drift, nor lie at anchor.” – Oliver Wendell Holmes
42. ”The heights by great men reached and kept, were not attained by sudden flight, but they, while their companions slept, were toiling upward in the night.” – Henry Wadsworth Longfellow
43. ”Those who are successful overcome their fears and take action. Those who aren’t submit to their fears and live with regrets.” – Jay-Z
44. ”Ambition is the path to success. Persistence is the vehicle you arrive in.” – Bill Bradley
45. ”I don’t focus on what I’m up against. I focus on my goals and I try to ignore the rest.” – Venus Williams
46. ”I knew that if I failed I wouldn’t regret that, but I knew the one thing I might regret is not trying.” – Jeff Bezos
47. “Press on. Nothing in the world can take the place of persistence. Talent will not; nothing is more common than unsuccessful men with talent. Genius will not; the world is full of educated derelicts. Persistence and determination alone are omnipotent.” – Ray Kroc
48. ”Optimism is the faith that leads to achievement. Nothing can be done without hope and confidence.” – Helen Keller
49. ”When you reach an obstacle, turn it into an opportunity. You have the choice. You can overcome and be a winner, or you can allow it to overcome you and be a loser. The choice is yours and yours alone. Refuse to throw in the towel. Go that extra mile that failures refuse to travel. It is far better to be exhausted from success than to be rested from failure.” – Mary Kay Ash
50. ”Remember to celebrate milestones as you prepare for the road ahead.” – Nelson Mandela
Don’t forget to read these road quotes to help you reflect on your journey.
Which of these inspirational journey quotes was your favorite?
Despite the fact that we all have greatness within us, in order to be great, we must decide to succeed and take the necessary steps.
Every successful person who has made the journey to greatness understands that success is not a matter of chance, but of a deliberate decision.
So make your choice today and prepare for the journey. Hopefully, these journey quotes will inspire and motivate you to never give up on your goals and dreams.
Did you like these travel quotes? Which of the following quotes was your favorite? Please tell us about it in the comments section below.
Are you having fun reading the Daily Brightside? You might also love to read the following inspirational success quotes:
15 Habits to Start Today to Become More Positive
Positive Thinking Through Daily Affirmations
Wedding Quotes for Love, Friendship, and Marriage
Greatness In Life Quotes From Vince Lombardi
Tree Quotes Will Inspire You To Plant Roots
Please take a moment to Like, Comment, and Share this post!
Getting to Know the Stranger in the Mirror
Getting to Know the Stranger in the Mirror Have you ever caught a glimpse of a woman and wondered, “Who...
Shine in the Darkness with Moon Quotes
This collection of “moon quotes” will help you see the beauty in life and inspire you to believe in your...
Your Path To Greatness Is Celebrated With Journey Quotes
As you work towards your goals and dreams, let our latest collection of journey quotes inspire you. These journey quotes...
Michelle Obama Quotes That Will Inspire You To Be More Kind
Michelle Obama is a woman who needs no introduction, and despite being a former First Lady, she is still adored...
Best of Mahatma Gandhi on Love and Peace
Mahatma Gandhi was a man who many liked and admired. He was defined by peace, understanding, and challenging others to...
Life, Love, and Compassion Dalai Lama Quotes
Searching for Dalai Lama quotes to help you live your best life? The present Dalai Lama is the 14th Dalai...
Life-Inspiring Joyce Meyer Quotes
Check out these Joyce Meyer quotes if you need a pick-me-up today. Joyce Meyer is a Bible teacher, speaker, and...
Inspiration for Getting Through Hard Times: Overcoming the Dark Quotes
If you’ve been dealing with overwhelming and troubling times in your life, these dark quotes will inspire you to keep...
Confidence-Building Insecurity Quotes
These insecurity quotes are for individuals who want to know they are not alone in their dread of being judged....
Quotes for Him to Feel Appreciated in the Morning
Start your man’s day off properly with these good morning quotes for him. 1. “You are my sun on a...
Love Quotes for Her
Love is a mystical experience, and if you are looking for the most beautiful love quotes to share with her,...
Motivational Quotes: Words of Wisdom
Words of wisdom have a way of getting into your brain and transforming your life for the better at times....
- Getting to Know the Stranger in the Mirror
- Shine in the Darkness with Moon Quotes
- Your Path To Greatness Is Celebrated With Journey Quotes
- Michelle Obama Quotes That Will Inspire You To Be More Kind
- Best of Mahatma Gandhi on Love and Peace
- Life, Love, and Compassion Dalai Lama Quotes
- Life-Inspiring Joyce Meyer Quotes
- Inspiration for Getting Through Hard Times: Overcoming the Dark Quotes
- Confidence-Building Insecurity Quotes
- Quotes for Him to Feel Appreciated in the Morning
- Love Quotes for Her
- Motivational Quotes: Words of Wisdom
- Love at First Sight: Crush Quotes
- Wise Love Quotes That Brighten Your Soul
- Best of Good Vibe Quotes
- To Inspire You, Here Are Some Socrates Quotes On Life, Wisdom, and Philosophy
- Blended Family Quotes to Share With Your Friends and Family
- Inspirational Joseph Campbell Quotes To Get You Thinking Bigger
- 15 Habits to Start Today to Become More Positive
- Positive Thinking Through Daily Affirmations
You must be logged in to post a comment Login
You must log in to post a comment.