Looking for inspiring nature quotes and sayings to help you reconnect with Mother Earth? The following nature statements will remind you of her beauty.Most of us are aware that spending time in nature has restorative benefits.
You don’t have to be a doctor to notice how much better we feel when we are outside, in nature.
Are your eyes fatigued from working on the computer all day? Fix your gaze on something green.
Feeling stressed after a long week of hard work?
A jog around the park should suffice.
Aside from providing us with food and therapeutic herbs, merely being in the presence of greenery can help revitalize tired spirits.
But what if you’re in the middle of a city?
Do you live far from a park or nature reserve?
Don’t worry: even in the city, there are many ways to live in peace with nature.
You could, for example, keep indoor potted plants at home.
Tiny herb gardens filled with your favorite spices are also a wonderful touch.
Check out these incredible nature quotes to help you reconnect with Mother Nature once more. After all, it’s been a long time and she’s missed you…
Nature quotes that help you bond with Mother Nature
1. “I felt my lungs inflate with the onrush of scenery—air, mountains, trees, people. I thought, ‘This is what it is to be happy.’” – Sylvia Plath
2. “The sunlight claps the earth, and the moonbeams kiss the sea: what are all these kissings worth, if thou kiss not me?” – Percy Bysshe Shelley
3. “The mountains are calling and I must go.” – John Muir
4. “In the spring, at the end of the day, you should smell like dirt.”- Margaret Atwood
5. “I like it when a flower or a little tuft of grass grows through a crack in the concrete. It’s so fuckin’ heroic.” – George Carlin
6. “I like this place and could willingly waste my time in it.” – William Shakespeare
7. “Adopt the pace of nature: her secret is patience.” – Ralph Waldo Emerson
8. “The clearest way into the universe is through a forest wilderness.” – John Muir
9. “We know that God is everywhere; but certainly we feel His presence most when His works are on the grandest scale spread before us; and it is in the unclouded night-sky, where His worlds wheel their silent course, that we read clearest His infinitude, His omnipotence, His omnipresence.” – Charlotte Brontë
10. “If I were a tree, I would have no reason to love a human.” – Maggie Stiefvater
Also, read these Earth Day quotes and these gorgeous lake statements to bring calm into your life.
Moving nature quotes and sayings
11. “Live in each season as it passes; breathe the air, drink the drink, taste the fruit, and resign yourself to the influence of the earth.” – Henry David Thoreau
12. “…and then, I have nature and art and poetry, and if that is not enough, what is enough?” – Vincent van Gogh
13. “Should you shield the canyons from the windstorms you would never see the true beauty of their carvings.” – Elisabeth Kübler-Ross
14. “Those who contemplate the beauty of the earth find reserves of strength that will endure as long as life lasts.” – Rachel Carson
15. “I am glad I will not be young in a future without wilderness.” – Aldo Leopold
16. “Our task must be to free ourselves…by widening our circle of compassion to embrace all living creatures and the whole of nature and its beauty.” – Albert Einstein
17. “Not just beautiful, though – the stars are like the trees in the forest, alive and breathing. And they’re watching me.” – Haruki Murakami
If you like these quotations, you should also read our collection of forest quotes about the beauty of trees.
18. “The goal of life is to make your heartbeat match the beat of the universe, to match your nature with Nature.” – Joseph Campbell
19. “Plant seeds of happiness, hope, success, and love; it will all come back to you in abundance. This is the law of nature.” – Steve Maraboli
Don’t forget to check out these amazing outdoor quotes.
Nature statements that are inspirational about the world and the environment
20. “Nature is not a place to visit. It is home.” – Gary Snyder
More lovely nature quotes that make you fall in love with Mother Nature.
21. “When you do something noble and beautiful and nobody noticed, do not be sad. For the sun every morning is a beautiful spectacle and yet most of the audience still sleeps.” – John Lennon
22. “…If you have ever gone to the woods with me, I must love you very much.” – Mary Oliver
If you’re enjoying these quotes, make sure to read our collection of Mary Oliver quotes that will give you a brand new perspective on life.
23. “Climb the mountains and get their good tidings. Nature’s peace will flow into you as sunshine flows into trees.” – John Muir
24. “The poetry of the earth is never dead.” – John Keats
25. “And I feel above me the day-blind stars
waiting with their light. For a time
I rest in the grace of the world, and am free.”
– Wendell Berry
26. “No spring nor summer beauty hath such grace as I have seen in one autumnal face.” – John Donne
If you’re enjoying these quotes, you’ll love our collection of grace quotes that will change your life.
27. “The tree which moves some to tears of joy is in the eyes of others only a green thing that stands in the way. Some see nature all ridicule and deformity… and some scarce see nature at all. But to the eyes of the man of imagination, nature is imagination itself.” – William Blake
More wonderful nature quotes that inspire your love for Mother Earth
28. “We kill all the caterpillars, then complain there are no butterflies.” – John Marsden
29. “Love the trees until their leaves fall off, then encourage them to try again next year.” – Chad Sugg
Also, check out these informative Greta Thunberg quotes about climate change and other topics.
Nature quotes about joy and life that are inspiring.
30. “The world’s big and I want to have a good look at it before it gets dark.” – John Muir
31. “Look deep into nature, and then you will understand everything better.” – Albert Einstein
32. “I wonder if the snow loves the trees and fields, that it kisses them so gently? And then it covers them up snug, you know, with a white quilt; and perhaps it says ‘Go to sleep, darlings, till the summer comes again.’”―Lewis Carroll, Alice’s Adventures in Wonderland & Through the Looking-Glass.
33. “Study nature, love nature, stay close to nature. It will never fail you.” – Frank Lloyd Wright
34. “I’d rather have roses on my table than diamonds on my neck.” – Emma Goldman
If you like these quotes, check out our collection of rose quotes to learn more about the lovely flower.
35. “The butterfly counts not months but moments, and has time enough.” – Rabindranath Tagore
36. “If you truly love nature, you will find beauty everywhere.” – Laura Ingalls Wilder
37. “Nature always wears the colors of the spirit.” – Ralph Waldo Emerson
38. “Just living is not enough. One must have sunshine, freedom, and a little flower.” – Hans Christian Andersen
39. “There is pleasure in the pathless woods, there is rapture in the lonely shore, there is society where none intrudes, by the deep sea, and music in its roar; I love not Man the less, but Nature more.” – Lord Byron
If you like these quotes, check out our collection of sea quotes that inspire depth and discovery.
40. “Nature does not hurry, yet everything is accomplished.” – Lao Tzu
Nature quotes to remind of its beauty
41. “Nature’s peace will flow into you as sunshine flows into trees. The winds will blow their own freshness into you, and the storms their energy, while cares will drop off like autumn leaves.”—John Muir, Our National Parks
42. “I felt my lungs inflate with the onrush of scenery—air, mountains, trees, people. I thought, “This is what it is to be happy.” ― Sylvia Plath, The Bell Jar
43. “To sit in the shade on a fine day, and look upon verdure, is the most perfect refreshment.’”—Jane Austen, Mansfield Park
44. “Is the spring coming?’ he said. ‘What is it like?’ …’It is the sun shining on the rain and the rain falling on the sunshine, and things pushing up and working under the earth.’” —Frances Hodgson Burnett, The Secret Garden
If you like these quotes, you should also read our collection of rain quotes, which can help wash away your worry and offer you happiness.
45. “I believe the world is incomprehensibly beautiful — an endless prospect of magic and wonder.” –Ansel Adams
46. “In all things of nature there is something of the marvelous.” – Aristotle
47. “Nature is pleased with simplicity. And nature is no dummy” ― Isaac Newton (see more quotes on simplicity)
48. “Spring is nature’s way of saying, ‘Let’s party!’” – Robin Williams
If you like these quotes, check out our collection of spring quotes about life, love, and change.
49. “If you truly love nature, you will find beauty everywhere.” – Vincent Van Gogh
49. “An early morning walk is a blessing for the whole day.” – Henry David Thoreau
50. “Mother Nature speaks in a language understood within the peaceful mind of the sincere observer.” – Radhanath Swami
Other wonderful nature quotes
51. “Looking at beauty in the world, is the first step of purifying the mind.” ― Amit Ray, Meditation: Insights and Inspirations
52. “I only went out for a walk and finally concluded to stay out till sundown, for going out, I found, was really going in.” ― John Muir
53. “Just living is not enough… one must have sunshine, freedom, and a little flower.” –Hans Christian Andersen
54. “Nature never hurries. Atom by atom, little by little she
achieves her work.” – Ralph Waldo Emerson
55. “Nature is full of infinite causes that have never occurred in experience.” – Leonardo Da Vinci
56. “The sun does not shine for a few trees and flowers, but for the
wide world’s joy.” – Henry Ward Beecher
57. “In nature there are neither rewards or punishments – there are consequences.” – Robert Green Ingersoll
58. “Art is the child of nature in whom we trace the features of the mothers face.” ― Henry Wadsworth Longfellow
59. “Wild roses are fairest, and nature a better gardener than art.” ― Louisa May Alcott
60. Flowers are like human beings . . . they thrive on a little
kindness.- Fred Streeter
Beautiful nature quotes about life and the earth
61. “At one time in the world there were woods that no one owned.” – Cormac McCarthy
62. “Many eyes go through the meadow, but few see the flowers in it”
― Ralph Waldo Emerson
63. “There’s a whole world out there, right outside your window. You’d be a fool to miss it.” – Charlotte Eriksson
64. “Nature is not our enemy, to be raped and conquered. Nature is ourselves, to be cherished and explored.” ― Terence McKenna
If you like these quotes, you should check out our collection of explore quotes about the power of travel and adventure.
65. “The earth has its music for those who will listen.” – George Santanaya
66. “To me, Mother Nature isn’t nearly as scary as human nature.” ― Paula Stokes
67. “Everything in nature invites us constantly to be what we are.”
― Gretel Ehrlich
68. “There is no better designer than nature.” ― Alexander McQueen
69. “Mother Nature doesn’t care if you’re having fun. ” ― Larry Niven
70. “How glorious a greeting the sun gives the mountains!” ― John Muir
Don’t forget to also read these elephant quotes to celebrate animals and nature.
Nature quotes that make you appreciate its beauty
71. “I go to nature to be soothed and healed, and to have my senses put in order.” – John Burroughs
72. “Nothing is art if it does not come from nature.” – Antoni Gaudi
73. “You can’t be suspicious of a tree, or accuse a bird or a squirrel of subversion or challenge the ideology of a violet.” – Hal Borland
74. “Architects cannot teach nature anything.” – Mark Twain
75. “Every flower is a soul blossoming in nature.” – Gerard De Nerval
76. “I think having land and not ruining it is the most beautiful art that anybody could ever want.” ― Andy Warhol
77. “Let us give Nature a chance; she knows her business better than we do.” ― Michel de Montaigne
78. “I should like the fields tinged with red, the rivers yellow and the trees painted blue. Nature has no imagination.” ― Charles Baudelaire
If you like these quotes, you should check out our collection of blue quotes about the power of colors.
79. “Like music and art, love of nature is a common language that can transcend political or social boundaries.” ― Jimmy Carter
80. “Earth is the holiest place in the Universe, loving the earth, and loving life is the way to generate positive vibrations.” ― Amit Ray
Nature quotes to lift your spirits
81. “Autumn is the mellower season, and what we lose in flowers we more than gain in fruits.”― Samuel Butler
82. “Nature is my manifestation of God.
I go to nature every day for inspiration in the day’s work.”― Frank Lloyd Wright
83. “If nature has taught us anything it is that the impossible is probable.”― Ilyas Kassam
84. “Nature has been for me, for as long as I remember, a source of solace, inspiration, adventure, and delight; a home, a teacher, a companion.”― Lorraine Anderson
85. “Autumn leaves don’t fall, they fly. They take their time and wander on this their only chance to soar.”― Delia Owens
86. “There is a love of wild nature in everybody, an ancient mother-love showing itself whether recognized or no, and however covered by cares and duties.”― John Muir
87. “It’s very, very dangerous to lose contact with living nature.”― Albert Hofmann
88. “I think nature’s imagination Is so much greater than man’s, she’s never going to let us relax.”― Richard Phillips Feynman
89. “Those honor nature well, who teach that she can speak on everything.”― Blaise Pascal
90. “Drive nature out of the door and it will fly in at the window.”― Fyodor Dostoyevsky
91. “In nature nothing is created, nothing is lost, everything changes.”― Antoine-Laurent de Lavoisier
92. “Nature never rushes, yet everything gets done.”― Donald L. Hicks
93. “Nature is as well adapted to our weakness as to our strength.”― Henry David Thoreau
94. “Enjoy the peace of Nature and declutter your inner world.”― Amit Ray
95. “My father considered a walk among the mountains as the equivalent of churchgoing.”― Aldous Huxley
More inspirational nature quotes and sayings
96. “In nature, nothing is perfect and everything is perfect. Trees can be contorted, bent in weird ways, and they’re still beautiful.” – Alice Walker
97. “We do not see nature with our eyes, but with our understandings and our hearts.” – William Hazlitt
98. “Forget not that the earth delights to feel your bare feet and the winds long to play with your hair.” —Khalil Gibran
99. “Wilderness is not a luxury but a necessity of the human spirit.” –Edward Abbey
100. “To me, a lush carpet of pine needles or spongy grass is more welcome than the most luxurious Persian rug.” —Helen Keller
101. “The earth is what we all have in common.” —Wendell Berry
102. “We don’t inherit the earth from our ancestors, we borrow it from our children.” —Native American proverb
103. “Nature is loved by what is best in us.” —Ralph Waldo Emerson
104. “All my life through, the new sights of Nature made me rejoice like a child.” —Marie Curie
105. “By discovering nature, you discover yourself.” —Maxime Lagacé
You might also enjoy these John Muir quotes on life’s mountains.
What are your thoughts on these nature quotes and sayings?
Whatever way you choose to include nature into your life, make room for ordinary joys. From your window, you may observe sunrises and sunsets. On your way to work, take a moment to observe the lovely flowers. On weekends, go camping.
Use your favorite app to find fantastic ideas for reconnecting with Nature. You don’t have to drive far to feel at ease. Look for nearby parks, beaches, or lakes that are easily accessible.
Make time for yourself among the quiet waters and blooming flowers. Bring a friend along and share these nature quotes with them. Nothing beats heart-to-heart chats during a beautiful sunset (view sunset quotes).
What was your favorite of these nature quotes and sayings? Do you have any further inspirational quotes to share? Tell us in the comments section below.
Are you having fun reading the Daily Brightside? You might also love to read the following inspirational success quotes:
Please take a moment to Like, Comment, and Share this post!
The Power of Integrity
Integrity Brings With It Incredible Power
Be a person who keeps their word. Many people say things like, “I’m going to change” or “I’m going to start that business,” but two months later, they are still using the same justifications and habits. These people are liars because they only talk and do nothing. The worst lies are those we tell ourselves to excuse our inaction. If you mention anything, follow through on it. Excuses don’t help you advance; action does.
Start by maintaining your word to yourself in the little things of life, like getting up and going to bed on time, eating on time, exercising on time, doing your work on time, working on your business on time, reading books when it’s appropriate, and spending time with your family on time. Doing what you say you will do, correctly and on schedule, whether or not you feel like it, is the whole point of having integrity. Some people make claims and then act otherwise, which merely demonstrates their lack of commitment to achievement. Make no excuses; nobody cares; the only thing that matters is results, and results can only come through action.
Simply put, stop lying. If you are not doing what has to be done, then you are merely living in a fantasy world. Some people are deluded, believing they are working hard even when their behaviors betray this belief.
Millions of people moan about their lives; do you want to be like them or different? If you want to be different, you must act differently. If you act like an unsuccessful person, you will live like an unsuccessful person. If you want to start that business, take action. If you want more from life, take action. Start acting like a successful person, and you’ll undoubtedly experience the same outcomes.
If you don’t start being a person who keeps their word to themselves, then why should anyone else take you seriously? Write down your goals and daily action steps, then go accomplish them. Raising your standards and expecting perfection from yourself will help you avoid displaying a lack of honesty.
Get up, exert yourself, and take control of your life because you are the one who decides what happens.
“With integrity, you have nothing to fear, since you have nothing to hide. With integrity, you will do the right thing, so you will have no guilt.”
“Integrity is choosing courage over comfort; choosing what is right over what is fun, fast, or easy; and choosing to practice our values rather than simply professing them.” – Brene Brown
“Have the courage to say no. Have the courage to face the truth. Do the right thing because it is right. These are the magic keys to living your life with integrity.” – W. Clement Stone
“Knowing what’s right doesn’t mean much unless you do what’s right.” – Franklin Roosevelt
“Live so that when your children think of fairness, caring, and integrity they think of you.”– H. Jackson Brown
“There is no higher value in our society than integrity.” – Arlen Specter
“True heroes are made of hard work and integrity.” – Hope Solo
“Honor your commitments with integrity.” – Les Brown
“Integrity is the essence of everything successful.” – R. Buckminster Fuller
“Integrity is making sure that the things you say and the things you do are in alignment.” – Katrina Mayer
“Whoever is careless with the truth in small matters cannot be trusted with important matters.” – Albert Einstein
“Integrity is doing the right thing, even when no one is watching.” – C.S. Lewis
“The integrity of men is to be measured by their conduct, not by their professions.” – Junius
“Integrity is the ability to accept one’s past choices and actions and go forth and act in accordance with one’s deepest values from within.” – Lynne Namka
“Integrity is the essence of everything successful.” – R. Buckminster Fuller
“If you have integrity, nothing else matters. If you don’t have integrity, nothing else matters.” – Harvey Mackay
“Integrity is the most valuable and respected quality of leadership. Always keep your word.” — Brian Tracy
“Integrity is the ability to stand by an idea.” ― Ayn Rand
“Everyone makes mistakes, but only a person with integrity owns up to them.” — Nicole Guillaume
“Real integrity is doing the right thing, knowing that nobody’s going to know whether you did it or not.” – Oprah Winfrey
“If it is not right do not do it; if it is not true do not say it.” ― Marcus Aurelius
“Integrity is doing the right thing when nobody’s watching, and doing as you say you would do.” ― Roy T. Bennett
“A single lie destroys a whole reputation of integrity.” — Baltasar Gracian
“Integrity is telling myself the truth. And honesty is telling the truth to other people.” ― Spencer Johnson
“People of integrity and honesty not only practice what they preach, they are what they preach.”— David A. Bednar
“The greatness of a man is not in how much wealth he acquires, but in his integrity and his ability to affect those around him positively.” – Bob Marley
Please take a moment to Like, Comment, and Share this post!
How to Continue Consistently Pursuing and Realizing Your Dreams
Are you feeling stuck in life, unsure of where to go or what to do next? It’s easy to fall...
Environmentally Motivating Jane Goodall Quotes
These Jane Goodall quotes will help you understand the relationship between humans and nature. Jane Goodall is a renowned primatologist...
Greek Mythology’s Medusa Quotes Regarding the Unusual Guardian
With the help of these Medusa quotes, you can decide whether she is powerful and dangerous, or beautiful and betrayed....
Getting to Know the Stranger in the Mirror
Getting to Know the Stranger in the Mirror Have you ever caught a glimpse of a woman and wondered, “Who...
Shine in the Darkness with Moon Quotes
This collection of “moon quotes” will help you see the beauty in life and inspire you to believe in your...
Your Path To Greatness Is Celebrated With Journey Quotes
As you work towards your goals and dreams, let our latest collection of journey quotes inspire you. These journey quotes...
Michelle Obama Quotes That Will Inspire You To Be More Kind
Michelle Obama is a woman who needs no introduction, and despite being a former First Lady, she is still adored...
Best of Mahatma Gandhi on Love and Peace
Mahatma Gandhi was a man who many liked and admired. He was defined by peace, understanding, and challenging others to...
Life, Love, and Compassion Dalai Lama Quotes
Searching for Dalai Lama quotes to help you live your best life? The present Dalai Lama is the 14th Dalai...
Life-Inspiring Joyce Meyer Quotes
Check out these Joyce Meyer quotes if you need a pick-me-up today. Joyce Meyer is a Bible teacher, speaker, and...
Inspiration for Getting Through Hard Times: Overcoming the Dark Quotes
If you’ve been dealing with overwhelming and troubling times in your life, these dark quotes will inspire you to keep...
Confidence-Building Insecurity Quotes
These insecurity quotes are for individuals who want to know they are not alone in their dread of being judged....
- How to Continue Consistently Pursuing and Realizing Your Dreams
- Environmentally Motivating Jane Goodall Quotes
- Greek Mythology’s Medusa Quotes Regarding the Unusual Guardian
- Getting to Know the Stranger in the Mirror
- Shine in the Darkness with Moon Quotes
- Your Path To Greatness Is Celebrated With Journey Quotes
- Michelle Obama Quotes That Will Inspire You To Be More Kind
- Best of Mahatma Gandhi on Love and Peace
- Life, Love, and Compassion Dalai Lama Quotes
- Life-Inspiring Joyce Meyer Quotes
- Inspiration for Getting Through Hard Times: Overcoming the Dark Quotes
- Confidence-Building Insecurity Quotes
- Quotes for Him to Feel Appreciated in the Morning
- Love Quotes for Her
- Motivational Quotes: Words of Wisdom
- Love at First Sight: Crush Quotes
- Wise Love Quotes That Brighten Your Soul
- Best of Good Vibe Quotes
- To Inspire You, Here Are Some Socrates Quotes On Life, Wisdom, and Philosophy
- Blended Family Quotes to Share With Your Friends and Family