Most people use Facebook to keep in touch with friends and family, share news and photos, and follow celebrities and brands. But Facebook can also be a great source of inspiration – especially when it comes to quotes about life and love.
In this article, we’ve compiled a list of smart, inspiring, and thought-provoking quotes about life and love from some of the most famous people in the world. Whether you’re looking for a quote to post as your next status update or just something to ponder over, we hope you find these quotes as interesting and inspiring as we do!
Sharing quotes on Facebook is a great way to inspire your friends with words of wisdom, show them what you find funny, or rant about the world. Some people love to share quotes from their favorite TV shows and books, while others prefer to quote famous people. What’s your favorite quote for posting on Facebook?
These smart Facebook quotes about life and love are ideal for posting as a status update.
Choosing what to post as a Facebook status might be difficult. These fantastic Facebook quotes will raise your profile and boost your social media presence. These quotes are ideal for your next post if you want to make your friends grin, laugh, or think. Facebook is an excellent platform for self-expression and idea sharing. Read this collection of quotes to get ideas for your next Facebook status update. Humor, inspiring speeches, and wise remarks are all excellent choices for Facebook posts. This collection of quotes and sayings might help you boost your social media presence.
The best Facebook status quotes will make people think or feel profoundly. If you appeal to both their hearts and heads, your audience is more likely to engage with your postings. These Facebook status quotes are sure to catch the attention of your friends and family.
Also, see our collection of sassy quotes and sayings suitable for social media captions.
There are over a billion Facebook users, and everyone knows the best way to keep up with their friends’ news is by following them on Facebook. And while many are careful to only post what they would want to share in person, it can be tough sometimes to find just the right words. Here are some quotes that are sure to please and will make your friends smile as they scroll through your timeline.
Famous quotes for Facebook Updates that won’t soon be forgotten
1. “Keep your face always toward the sunshine ― and shadows will fall behind you.” – Walt Whitman
2. “The best way to predict the future is to invent it.” – Alan Kay
3. “If you can’t stop thinking about someone’s update, that’s called ‘status cling.’” – Jessica Park
4. “Accept who you are. Unless you’re a serial killer.” – Ellen DeGeneres
5. “Think in the morning. Act in the noon. Eat in the evening. Sleep in the night.” – William Blake
6. “When life gives you lemons, squirt someone in the eye.” – Cathy Guiswite
7. “If you want something you never had before, you have to do something you’ve never done before.” – Drina Reed
8. “Happiness can exist only in acceptance.” – George Orwell
9. “You can’t blame gravity for falling in love.” – Albert Einstein
Facebook quotes for meaningful status updates
10. “My formula for living is quite simple. I get up in the morning and I go to bed at night. In between, I occupy myself the best I can.” – Cary Grant
11. “I live in my own little world. But it’s ok, they know me here.” – Lauren Myracle
12. “Let us be grateful to people who make us happy, they are the charming gardeners who make our souls blossom.” – Marcel Proust
13. “Always remember that you are absolutely unique. Just like everyone else.” – Margaret Mead
14. “Not all those who wander are lost.” – J. R. R. Tolkien
15. “Change your life today. Don’t gamble on the future, act now, without delay.” – Simone de Beauvoir
16. “Don’t promote negativity online and expect people to treat you with positivity in person.” – Germany Kent
17. “Always go to other people’s funerals, otherwise they won’t come to yours.” – Yogi Berra
18. “You only live once, but if you do it right, once is enough.” – Mae West
19. “I am free of all prejudice. I hate everyone equally. ” – W.C. Fields
20. “We love life, not because we are used to living but because we are used to loving.” – Friedrich Nietzsche
Check out these thought-provoking social media quotes as well.
Facebook status quotes that will make people ponder or feel deeply
21. “It’s not what you look at that matters, it’s what you see.” – Henry David Thoreau
22. “Before you marry a person, you should first make them use a computer with slow Internet to see who they really are.” – Will Ferrell
23. “A positive attitude gives you power over your circumstances instead of your circumstances having power over you.” – Joyce Meyer
24. “We know what we are, but know not what we may be.” – William Shakespeare
25. “Hurricanes couldn’t remove you from my mind. You’re my world and I’m incapable of not loving you.” – Billie-Jo Williams
26. “A real girl isn’t perfect and a perfect girl isn’t real.” – Harry Styles
27. “The future belongs to those who believe in the beauty of their dreams.” – Eleanor Roosevelt
28. “In three words I can sum up everything I’ve learned about life: it goes on.” – Robert Frost
29. “A single rose can be my garden … a single friend, my world.” – Leo Buscaglia
30. “There’s a fine line between genius and insanity. I have erased this line.” – Oscar Levant
Facebook quotes to help you boost your social media presence
31. “For it was not into my ear you whispered, but into my heart. It was not my lips you kissed, but my soul.” – Judy Garland
32. “If the world were merely seductive, that would be easy. If it were merely challenging, that would be no problem. But I arise in the morning torn between a desire to improve the world and a desire to enjoy the world. This makes it hard to plan the day.” – E.B. White
33. “I looked up my family tree and found out I was the sap.” – Rodney Dangerfield
34. “You can always tell when a man’s well informed. His views are pretty much like your own.” – H. Jackson Brown, Jr.
35. “Love isn’t something you find. Love is something that finds you.” – Loretta Young
36. “Do not go where the path may lead, go instead where there is no path and leave a trail.” – Ralph Waldo Emerson
37. “It’s amazing that the amount of news that happens in the world every day always just exactly fits the newspaper.” – Jerry Seinfeld
38. “By all means let’s be open-minded, but not so open-minded that our brains drop out.” – Richard Dawkins
39. “Do not dwell in the past, do not dream of the future, concentrate the mind on the present moment.” – Buddha
40. “If at first you don’t succeed, find out if the loser gets anything.” – William Lyon Phelps
You might also like these iconic Vine quotes to make you LOL
Facebook quotes to boost your profile
41. “Everything I like is either illegal, immoral or fattening.” – Alexander Woollcott
42. “Nothing is impossible, the word itself says ‘I’m possible’!” – Audrey Hepburn
43. “The best and most beautiful things in the world cannot be seen or even touched – they must be felt with the heart.” – Helen Keller
44. “As you get older, three things happen. The first is your memory goes, and I can’t remember the other two.” – Sir Norman Wisdom
45. “If opportunity doesn’t knock, build a door.” – Milton Berle
46. “A good rule to remember for life is that when it comes to plastic surgery and sushi, never be attracted by a bargain.” – Graham Norton
47. “Keep love in your heart. A life without it is like a sunless garden when the flowers are dead.” – Oscar Wilde
48. “I like long walks, especially when they are taken by people who annoy me.” – Noel Coward
49. “There is only one happiness in this life, to love and be loved.” – George Sand
50. “Try to be a rainbow in someone’s cloud.” – Maya Angelou
Which of these Facebook quotes do you want to use as your status update?
A relatable quote is one of the finest methods to create a decent Facebook status. These amusing quotes and wise comments will gain you a lot of likes on your next post. Choosing the ideal status or caption for your Facebook profile might be difficult, but this list narrows it down to the top 50 of all time. These Facebook quotes are perfect for posting as your status if you’re feeling inspired, hilarious, or happy.
Your Facebook status is the ultimate form of self-expression. The words and ideas you publish on social media reflect back on your personality. As a result, when posting, it’s critical to select the best quotes about life and love. Read through this collection of quotes and sayings to find the ideal Facebook status for you.
What are your favorite Facebook quotes for meaningful status updates? Tell us in the comments section below.
Please take a moment to Like, Comment, and Share this post!
Johnny Depp Quotes from the Man Who Played Your Favorite Pirate
He’s played a number of your favorite movie characters over the years. Take a look at these Johnny Depp quotes.
Most people associate pirates with one, in particular, Jack Sparrow. Johnny Depp popularized this character in the film based on the popular ride at Walt Disney World.
However, Johnny Depp has had many more roles. He’s worked with Tim Burton a dozen times to bring characters like Edward Scissorhands and Willy Wonka to life. There’s something about him that allows him to succeed in roles that others might struggle with.
Continue reading these Johnny Depp quotes for inspiration and motivation.
Don’t forget to read these Jay Shetty quotes for more motivation and inspiration.
Johnny Depp wise quotes
1. “Laugh as much as you breathe, and love as long as you live.” – Johnny Depp
2. “Being a good person doesn’t depend on your religion, your race, your skin color, or your culture. It depends on how good your heart is, and how good you treat others.” – Johnny Depp
3. “We’re all damaged in our own way. Nobody’s perfect. I think we are all somewhat screwy, every single one of us.” – Johnny Depp
4. “There is a drive in me that will not allow me to do certain things that are easy.” – Johnny Depp
5. “There are four questions of value in life… What is sacred? Of what is the spirit made? What is worth living for, and what is worth dying for? The answer to each is the same. Only love.” – Johnny Depp
6. “People cry not because they’re weak, it’s because they’ve been strong for too long.” – Johnny Depp
7. “If you love two people at the same time, choose the second one, because if you really loved the first, you wouldn’t have fallen for the second.” – Johnny Depp
8. “I think everybody’s weird. We should all celebrate our individuality and not be embarrassed or ashamed of it.” – Johnny Depp
9. “You can close your eyes to the things you don’t want to see, but you can’t close your heart to the things you don’t want to feel.” – Johnny Depp
10. “If there’s any message to my work, it is ultimately that it’s OK to be different, that it’s good to be different, that we should question ourselves before we pass judgement on someone who looks different, behaves different, talks different, is a different color.” – Johnny Depp
11. “A dishonest man you can always trust to be dishonest.” – Johnny Depp
Best Inspiring Johnny Depp quotes
12. “I think the thing to do is enjoy the ride while you’re on it.” – Johnny Depp
13. “As a teenager, I was so insecure. I was the type of guy that never fitted in because he never dared to choose. I was convinced I had absolutely no talent at all. For nothing. And that thought took away all my ambition too.” – Johnny Depp
14. “Be crazy enough to know that you can do anything in life.” – Johnny Depp
15. “One day the people that didn’t believe in you will tell everyone how they met you.” – Johnny Depp
16. “Love is not blind. It simply enables one to see things others fail to see.” – Johnny Depp
17. “Music touches us emotionally, where words alone can’t.” – Johnny Depp
18. “Just keep moving forward and don’t give a shit about what anybody thinks. Do what you have to do, for you.” – Johnny Depp
19. “I like the challenge of trying different things and wondering whether it’s going to work or whether I’m going to fall flat on my face.” – Johnny Depp
20. “When I see someone who just follows their dream and succeeds, and just does basically what they want to do and doesn’t have to answer to anyone, obviously not harming anyone, that’s great.” – Johnny Depp
21. “It’s only a bad day, not a bad life.” – Johnny Depp
Witty and Funny Johnny Depp quotes
22. “Life’s pretty good, and why wouldn’t it be? I’m a pirate, after all.” – Johnny Depp
23. “When kids hit 1 year old, it’s like hanging out with a miniature drunk. You have to hold onto them. They bump into things. They laugh and cry. They urinate. They vomit.” – Johnny Depp
24. “One of the greatest pieces of advice I’ve ever gotten in my life was from my mom. When I was a little kid there was a kid who was bugging me at school and she said “Okay, I’m gonna tell you what to do. If the kid’s bugging you and puts his hands on you; you pick up the nearest rock…” – Johnny Depp
25. “I think everybody’s nuts.” – Johnny Depp
26. “My daughter was asked by a little old lady in a London hotel restaurant what her daddy did. She answered, “He’s a pirate” – I was very proud of that answer.” – Johnny Depp
27. “Everything here is edible; even I’m edible. But that, dear children, is cannibalism, and is in fact frowned upon in most societies.” – Johnny Depp
28. “If someone were to harm my family or a friend or somebody I love, I would eat them. I might end up in jail for 500 years, but I would eat them.” – Johnny Depp
29. “I try to stay in a constant state of confusion just because of the expression it leaves on my face.” – Johnny Depp
30. “If you catch me saying ‘I am a serious actor,’ I beg you to slap me.” – Johnny Depp
31. “If they let me choose between you and the dog, I’ll choose the dog.” – Johnny Depp
Johnny Depp quotes that are thought-provoking
32. “I’m having too much fun today to worry about tomorrow.” – Johnny Depp
33. “The problem is that everybody treats teenagers like they’re stupid.” – Johnny Depp
34. “The only thing I have a problem with is being labelled.” – Johnny Depp
35. “If you don’t like seeing pictures of violence towards animals being posted, you need to help stop the violence, not the pictures.” – Johnny Depp
36. “Crazy people don’t know they’re crazy. I know I’m crazy, therefore I am not crazy. Isn’t that crazy?” – Johnny Depp
37. “No survivors? Then where do the stories come from, I wonder.” – Johnny Depp
38. “People say I make strange choices, but they’re not strange for me. My sickness is that I’m fascinated by human behavior, by what’s underneath the surface, by the worlds inside people.” – Johnny Depp
39. “You grow up a bit damaged or broken then you have some success but you don’t know how to feel good about the work you’re doing or the life you’re leading.” – Johnny Depp
40. “There is nothing on earth that could ever make me want to relive certain years of my life when I was young.” – Johnny Depp
Other Johnny Depp quotes
41. “I was angry and frustrated until I started my own family and my first child was born. Until then I didn’t really appreciate life the way I should have, but fortunately I woke up.” – Johnny Depp
42. “Tomorrow it’ll all be over, then I’ll have to go back to selling pens again.” – Johnny Depp
43. “I don’t think it’s anything you ever get used to… for many years, I could never sort of put my name in the same sort of category as the word ‘famous’ or anything like that. And I just found it very uncomfortable… if you get used to it, then something must be wrong.” – Johnny Depp
44. “Puberty was very vague. I literally locked myself in a room and played guitar.” – Johnny Depp
45. “I’m shy, paranoid, whatever word you want to use. I hate fame. I’ve done everything I can to avoid it.” – Johnny Depp
46. “My favorite color is black.” – Johnny Depp
47. “One of the most beautiful things in the world is seeing a mommy with her kids. There’s nothing more beautiful, nothing more sublime.” – Johnny Depp
48. “I made odd noises as a child. Just did weird things, like turn off light switches twice. I think my parents thought I had Tourette’s syndrome.” – Johnny Depp
49. “It’s such a funny thing when you see your daughter transitioning from your baby, your little girl, to suddenly being a young woman. If you’re not really looking for it, you can miss it, and Lily-Rose is on that road already, and there’s nothing I can do to stop it.” – Johnny Depp
50. “I hate watching myself on screen. I can’t stand it.” – Johnny Depp
Which of these Johnny Depp quotes do you like best?
As these Johnny Depp quotes demonstrate, he is a fascinating character both in real life and in the movies. Many believe that this is why he is able to excel in the roles that he does.
While he’s played a variety of characters, he’s also gone through extreme highs and lows in his life. He’s been at the top and at the bottom, from being one of the highest-paid actors to struggling with drugs and alcohol. However, his talent and skill are undeniable.
If you liked these Johnny Depp quotes, you should watch one of his movies and enjoy it as well. You could also binge-watch his films. There will undoubtedly be a diverse cast of interesting characters.
What is the most important thing you learned from these Johnny Depp quotes and sayings? Do you have any additional favorite quotes to share? Tell us in the comments section below.
Have fun reading at The Daily Brightside! You might also love to read the following inspirational success quotes:
Please take a moment to Like, Comment, and Share this post!
November Quotes to Remind You to Accept Change and Be Thankful
These November quotes can help you remember that change is both natural and wonderful. Even though it appears that we are entering a dark and awful winter, spring is always around the verge, and we should remember to count our benefits and be thankful for that.
November is a month of change.
This is the time of year when the last of the trees’ leaves turn brown and fall to the ground. The first snow falls on the ground, and the days become shorter and colder.
In November, the brilliant colors of September and October give way to browns and grays, and seasonal sadness sets in for many people.
However, November also marks the beginning of the holiday season. It’s a month of giving thanks, cooking beautiful food, and spending time with loved ones.
Though winter is approaching, we know that spring is only around the corner and that the days will soon be long and pleasant again.
Don’t forget to read these winter quotes to help you get through the coldest yet most magical season of the year.
Inspirational November quotes about the seasons changing
1. “November. Crows are approaching, wounded leaves fall to the ground.” – Sir Kristian Goldmund Aumann
2. “The river this November afternoon rests in an equipoise of sun and cloud. A glooming light, a gleaming darkness shroud. Its passage. All seems tranquil, all in tune.” – Cecil Day-Lewis
3. “My lovely November. Have you seen my heart, somewhere in your castle of yellow leaves?” – A Waltz for Zizi
4. “Autumn. The greatest show of all times.” – Mehmet Murat Idan
5. “November with uncanny witchery in its changed trees. With murky red sunsets flaming in smoky crimson behind the westering hills. With dear days when the austere woods were beautiful and gracious in a dignified serenity of folded hands and closed eyes–days full of a fine, pale sunshine that sifted through the late, leafless gold of the juniper-trees and glimmered among the grey beeches, lighting up evergreen banks of moss and washing the colonnades of the pines.” — Lucy Maud Montgomery
6. “Spring’s wakening bugle long is hushed, long dimm’d is Summer’s splendor October yields her easel bright to “black and white” November.” – James Rigg
7. “How sad would be November if we had no knowledge of the spring.” – Edwin Way Teale
8. “October’s foliage yellows with his cold. In rattling showers dark November’s rain. From every stormy cloud, descends amain, till keen December’s snows close up the year again.” – John Ruskin
9. “The wild November comes at last beneath a veil of rain. The night wind blows its folds aside, her face is full of pain. The latest of her race, she takes the Autumn’s vacant throne. She has but one short moon to live and she must live alone.” – R.H. Stoddard
10. “That soft autumnal time, the woodland foliage now is gathered by the wild November blast.” – John Howard Bryant
11. “November woods are bare and still. November days are bright and good. Life’s noon burns up life’s morning chill. Life’s night rests feet which long have stood.” – Helen Fiske Hunt Jackson
Quotes for November to Welcome Winter
12. “October extinguished itself in a rush of howling winds and driving rain and November arrived, cold as frozen iron, with hard frosts every morning and icy drafts that bit at exposed hands and faces.” – J.K. Rowling
13. “November comes and November goes. With the last red berries and the first white snows. With night coming early and dawn coming late, and ice in the bucket and frost by the gate. The fires burn and the kettles sing, and earth sinks to rest until next spring.” – Clyde Watson
14. “The house was very quiet, and the fog we are in November now pressed against the windows like an excluded ghost.” – E.M. Forster
15. “There is October in every November and there is November in every December. All seasons melted in each other’s life.” – Mehmet Murat Ildan
16. “It is also November. The noons are more laconic and the sunsets sterner and Gibraltar lights make the village foreign.” — Emily Dickinson
17. “The widower reviewed his past in a sunless light which was intensified by the greyness of the November twilight, whilst the bells subtly impregnated the surrounding atmosphere with the melody of sounds that faded like the ashes of dead years.” – Georges Rodenbach
18. “How I wish to fly with the geese away from dreary November days, the “freeze-up,” and cruel winter. Away from loneliness, isolation, and anxiety bred by blizzards. Most every local person I’ve talked to grudgingly admits to an autumn apprehension. It is part and parcel of an Adirondacker’s psychological makeup. The geese contaminate us with this strange depression on their southbound flight and cure us with their northbound. In between, we try to tolerate winter, each in his or her own way.” – Anne LaBastille
19. “Days with a high-sprung sky of flawless turquoise. Days when an exquisite melancholy seemed to hang over the landscape and dream about the lake. But days, too, of the wild blackness of great autumn storms, followed by dank, wet, streaming nights when there was witch-laughter in the pines and fitful moans among the mainland trees. What cared they? Old Tom had built his roof well, and his chimney drew.” – Lucy Maud Montgomery
Best Thankful November quotes and sayings
20. “November always seemed to me the Norway of the year.” – Emily Dickinson
21. “November is usually such a disagreeable month as if the year had suddenly found out that she was growing old and could do nothing but weep and fret over it.” — L.M. Montgomery
22. “In November, the earth is growing quiet. It is making its bed, a winter bed for flowers and small creatures. The bed is white and silent, and much life can hide beneath its blankets.” – Cynthia Rylant
23. “A barren realm of withered fields, bleak woods, and falling leaves. The palest morns that ever dawned, the dreariest of eves. It is no wonder that she comes, poor month with tears of pain. For what can one so hopeless do but weep, and weep again.” – R.H. Stoddard
24. “The world is tired, the year is old, the faded leaves are glad to die.” – Sara Teasdale
25. “In rough October earth must disrobe her, stars fall and shoot. In keen November, and night is long, and cold is strong nn bleak December”. – Christina G. Rossetti
26. “Even when November’s sun is low and Winter flaps his fleecy wings. Thy gold among his silvery snow a solace in the sadness brings.” – James Rigg
27. “So dull and dark are the November days. The lazy mist high up the evening curled, and now the morn quite hides in smoke and haze. The place we occupy seems all the world.” – John Clare
November quotes that inspire happiness
28. “Jam on November took away the worries, It was like tasting summer.” – El Fuego
29. “Welcome sweet November, the season of senses and my favorite month of all.” – Gregory F. Lenz
30. “In November, the smell of food is different. It is an orange smell. A squash and pumpkin smell. It tastes like cinnamon and can fill up a house in the morning, can pull everyone from bed in a fog. Food is better in November than any other time of the year.” – Cynthia Rylant
31. “In November, people are good to each other. They carry pies to each other’s homes and talk by crackling woodstoves, sipping mellow cider. They travel very far on a special November day just to share a meal with one another and to give thanks for their many blessings – for the food on their tables and the babies in their arms.” – Cynthia Rylant
32. “Happiness isn’t something you experience; it’s something you remember.” – Oscar Levant
33. “The month of November makes me feel that life is passing more quickly. In an effort to slow it down, I try to fill the hours more meaningfully. – Henry Rollins
34. “I go to Japan every November on vacation, and the one thing I never return home without is yuba, which is the thin skin that forms atop boiling soy milk. You skim it off and either eat it fresh or dry it.” – Hanya Yanagihara
35. “I have come to regard November as the older, harder man’s October. I appreciate the early darkness and cooler temperatures. It puts my mind in a different place than October. It is a month for a quieter, slightly more subdued celebration of summer’s death as winter tightens its grip.” – Henry Rollins
36. “Fear not November’s challenge bold. We’ve books and friends, and hearths that never can grow cold. These make amends.” – Alexander L. Fraser
37. “Cosy fire a-burning bright, cosy tables robed in white. Dainty dishes smoking hot. Home. And cold and snow forgot. – Louise Bennett Weaver and Helen Cowles LeCron
38. “When shriek’d the bleak November winds and smote the woods, and the brownfields were herbless, and the shades. That met above the merry rivulet, were spoil’d, I sought, I loved them still, they seem’d like old companions in adversity.” – William Cullen Bryant
Other beautiful November quotes and sayings
39. “But there is always a November space after the leaves have fallen when she felt it was almost indecent to intrude on the wood for their glory terrestrial had departed and their glory celestial of spirit and purity and whiteness had not yet come upon them.” – L.M. Montgomery
40. “I know that I have died before once in November.” – Anne Sexton
41. “This November there seems to be nothing to say.” – Anne Sexton
42. “Don’t wait until the fourth Thursday in November, to sit with family and friends to give thanks. Make every day a day of Thanksgiving.” – Charmaine J Forde
43. “In November, the trees are standing all sticks and bones. Without their leaves, how lovely they are, spreading their arms like dancers. They know it is time to be still.” – Cynthia Rylant
44. “Wind warns November’s done with. The blown leaves make bat-shapes, Web-winged and furious.” – Sylvia Plath
45. “The November evening had a bite; it nibbled not-quite-gently at her cheeks and ears. In Virginia, the late autumn was a lover, still, but a dangerous one.” – J. Aleksandr Wootton
46. “November is Hip-Hop History Month, where we give celebration to what hip hop has done to bring together people of the world, people of all nationalities, young people, all the political systems and politicians on the planet.” – Afrika Bambaataa
47. “And November sad, a psalm. Tender, trustful, full of balm. Thou must breathe in spirits calm.” – Caroline May
48. “Peering from some high window, at the gold of November sunset and feeling that if day has to become night, this is a beautiful way. – E.E. Cummings
49. “November is the most disagreeable month in the whole year.” – Louisa May Alcott
50. “All Nature mourns, I said, November wild hath torn the fairest pages from her book. – Albert Laighton
What makes November unique?
While November ushers us through the change from fall to winter, and winter is frequently associated with mortality, November is associated with hope. The transformation tells us that change is constant, and spring will return shortly.
The month of November represents knowledge and wisdom as the year comes to a close and we begin to reflect on what we learnt during the previous ten months.
November is also a month of thanksgiving. People have been gathering with loved ones to acknowledge their blessings and celebrate the end of the harvests in November for hundreds of years.
What are your plans for November? What are your favorite November quotes and sayings? Please let us know in the comments section below.
You might also love to read the following inspirational success quotes:
- Inspiring Neil Armstrong Success Quotes
- Quotes for Every Facebook Status Update Ever
- Thomas Edison Inspirational Quotes
- Being Above Average
- Robert Browning Success Quotes
- Best Quotes About Dragonflies
- Lessons from Dante’s Inferno and other wise insights
Please take a moment to Like, Comment, and Share this post!
Scary Social Media Posts with Halloween Quotes
The spookiest season of the year has arrived! And to get you in the mood for everyone’s favorite holiday, we’ve compiled a list of spooky Halloween quotes for you to enjoy.
If you’re looking for a chilling Halloween quote to use as a social media caption, we’ve got you covered. These quotes will make excellent Instagram captions, whether you’re posting photos from your Halloween party or simply showing off your spooky costume.
One of the best aspects of Halloween is that, unlike other holidays such as Christmas, it is open to almost everyone. This special day brings people together in a spirit of community and encourages giving. It’s a great way to kick off the rest of the year’s fun festivities, and even adults can dress up and transform into whatever they want.
For those who enjoy time travel, you might be surprised to learn that one of America’s favorite seasons did not originate in the United States. Halloween’s origins can be traced back to a pagan festival called Samhain, which was celebrated by Celtic people in Europe at the end of the harvest and the beginning of a new year 2,000 years ago. Celts would light bonfires and dress up in costumes to honor the dead on this day.
To get you in the Halloween spirit, we’ve compiled a list of fun, creepy, and downright scary Halloween quotes and sayings culled from various sources over the years.
Also, check out these Hocus Pocus quotes from one of our favorite Halloween films.
Halloween quotes for frightening social media posts
1. “There is something haunting in the light of the moon.” – Joseph Conrad
2. “On Halloween, witches come true; wild ghosts escape from dreams. Each monster dances in the park.”— Nick Gordon
3. “The moon has awoken with the sleep of the sun, the light has been broken; the spell has begun.” – Midgard Morningstar
4. “Whatever you do, don’t fall asleep.” – A Nightmare on Elm Street
5. “Ghosts and goblins come to play on October’s final day!”— Rusty Fischer
6. “Halloween wraps fear in innocence, as though it were a slightly sour sweet. Let terror, then, be turned into a treat…” – Nicholas Gordon
7. “Double, double toil and trouble; Fire burn and cauldron bubble.”—William Shakespeare
8. “The farther we’ve gotten from the magic and mystery of our past, the more we’ve come to need Halloween.” – Paula Guran
9. “Oh look, another glorious morning. Makes me sick!” – Winifred Sanderson, Hocus Pocus
10. “I am all in a sea of wonders. I doubt; I fear; I think strange things, which I dare not confess to my own soul.” – Bram Stoker
If you like these quotes, be sure to check out our collection of Facebook quotes that are ideal for posting as your FB status.
Halloween quotes to get you in the Halloween spirit
11. “Halloween is not only about putting on a costume, but it’s about finding the imagination and costume within ourselves.” – Elvis Duran
12. “Werewolves howl. Phantoms prowl. Halloween’s upon us now.” – Richelle E. Goodrich
13. “There is nothing that gives more assurance than a mask.” – Colette
14. “We have had our summer evenings, now for October eves!” – Humbert Wolfe
15. “I’m so glad I live in a world where there are Octobers.”— L.M. Montgomery
16. “On Halloween you get to become anything that you want to be.”— Ava Dellaira
17. “Never trust anything that can think for itself if you can’t see where it keeps its brain.” – J.K. Rowling
18. “Be afraid … Be very afraid.”– Ronnie, The Fly
19. “Believe nothing you hear, and only one half that you see.” – Edgar Allan Poe
20. “The universe is full of magical things patiently waiting for our wits to grow sharper.” – Eden Phillpots
Quotes about Halloween to get you in the mood for everyone’s favorite holiday
21. “A person should always choose a costume which is in direct contrast to her own personality.” – Lucy Van Pelt
22. “Shadows of a thousand years rise again unseen, voices whisper in the trees, ‘Tonight is Halloween!’”— Dexter Kozen
23. “Some people are born for Halloween, and some are just counting the days until Christmas.”— Stephen Graham Jones
If you like these quotes, check out our collection of funny Christmas quotes about the power of humor during the holiday season.
24. “Trick or treat, bag of sweets, ghosts are walking down the street.”- Unknown
25. “Nothing on Earth so beautiful as the final haul on Halloween night.” – Steve Almond
26. “There are nights when the wolves are silent and only the moon howls.” – George Carlin
27. “There is something at work in my soul, which I do not understand.”- Mary Shelley, Frankenstein (see more quotes from Frankenstein)
28. “Magic is really very simple, all you’ve got to do is want something and then let yourself have it.”– Aggie Cromwell
29. “Anyone could see that the wind was a special wind this night, and the darkness took on a special feel because it was All Hallows’ Eve.” – Ray Bradbury
30. “She used to tell me that a full moon was when mysterious things happen and wishes come true.” – Shannon A. Thompson
Halloween quotes to get you in the mood for the holiday
31. “I put a spell on you because you’re mine.” – Jay Hawkins
32. “I love Halloween, and I love that feeling: the cold air, the spooky dangers lurking around the corner.”— Evan Peters
33. “When witches go riding, and black cats are seen, the moon laughs and whispers, ‘tis near Halloween.” – Unknown
34. “I’m a homicidal maniac, they look just like everyone else.”– Wednesday, The Addams Family
35. “Just because I cannot see it, doesn’t mean I can’t believe it!” – Jack Skellington in “Nightmare Before Christmas”
36. “Have you come to sing pumpkin carols?”— Linus, It’s the Great Pumpkin, Charlie Brown
37. “‘Tis the night—the night of the grave’s delight, and the warlocks are at their play; Ye think that without the wild winds shout, but no, it is they—it is they.” – Cleveland Coxe
38. “I’ve seen enough horror movies to know that any weirdo wearing a mask is never friendly.” – Elizabeth, Friday the 13th Part VI: Jason Lives
39. “There is a child in every one of us who is still a trick-or-treater looking for a brightly-lit front porch.” – Robert Brault
40. “I must go in. The fog is rising.” – Emily Dickinson
More eerie quotes about Halloween
41. “I would like, if I may, to take you on a strange journey.”- The Criminologist, The Rocky Horror Picture Show
42. “It’s all just a bunch of hocus pocus!”— Max, Hocus Pocus
43. “Hell is empty and all the devils are here.”— William Shakespeare
44. “We make up horrors to help us cope with the real ones.” – Stephen King
45. “If human beings had genuine courage, they’d wear their costumes every day of the year, not just on Halloween.” – Douglas Coupland
46. “Where there is no imagination there is no horror.” – Arthur Conan Doyle
47. “This witch can be bribed with chocolate.” – Unknown
48. “Villainy wears many masks, none so dangerous as the mask of virtue.” – Ichabod Crane, Sleepy Hollow
49. “October proved a riot a riot to the senses and climaxed those giddy last weeks before Halloween.”― Keith Donohue
50. “Oh how the candles will be lit and the wood of worm burn in a fiery dust. For on all Hallow’s Eve will the spirits come to play, and only the fruit of thy womb will satisfy their endless roaming.”― Solange nicole
Popular Halloween quotes and sayings
51. “Eat lots of candy, scare someone, don’t be yourself because it’s Halloween!” – Unknown
52. “The world turned upside down—in a good way—for one black velvet night.” – Karen Fortunati
53. “Stay warm, toasty and scary. Happy Halloween!” – Unknown
54. “Clothes make a statement. Costumes tell a story.” – Mason Cooley
55. “Roses are red, violets are blue, I’m out of candy, look how scary are you.” – Unknown
56. “Halloween is an opportunity to be really creative.” – Judy Gold
57. “As spirits roam the neighborhoods at night, let loose upon the Earth till it be light.” – Unknown
58. “By the pricking of my thumbs, something wicked this way comes.” –William Shakespeare
59. “Hope your day doesn’t suck like a vampire. May you have an amazing day and a freakishly scary Halloween!” – Unknown
60. “Men say that in this midnight hour, the disembodied have power.” – William Motherwell
61. “Nobody goes trick-or-treating anymore. The monsters have gotten too real.” – E.K. Barnes
62. “This is the gateway to Hell, baby… Welcome to The Underworld.” – Kassandra Cross
63. “Beware! As you trick or treat. These creatures will find you and make you smell their feet.” – Casey Browning
Which of these Halloween quotes do you like best?
Halloween is without a doubt one of America’s favorite holidays. It’s the only time of year when you can have experiences that no other holiday can provide.
There are numerous ways to celebrate Halloween, whether you are a child or an adult. We hope the quotes above have gotten you and your loved ones in the mood to celebrate everyone’s favorite holiday.
Did you like these Halloween quotes? Which of the following quotes was your favorite? Tell us in the comments section below. Don’t forget to share with your friends and family as well.
You might also love to read the following inspirational success quotes:
- Don’t Make Excuses
- 10 Ways to Feel at Ease in Stressful Situations
- Robert Greene Mastery Quotes to Inspire Creativity and Success
- Funny Teenager Quotes for Parents
- God Quotes to Help You Understand God
- 65 quotes from Jocko Willink about succeeding at life
Please take a moment to Like, Comment, and Share this post!
Johnny Depp Quotes from the Man Who Played Your Favorite Pirate
He’s played a number of your favorite movie characters over the years. Take a look at these Johnny Depp quotes....
15 Ways to Be Thankful
15 Ways to Be Thankful When most of us think of Thanksgiving and the holidays, the word grateful comes to...
Of Mice and Men Quotes to Motivate You to Keep Going
These Of Mice and Men quotes will motivate you to keep working toward your goal and to seek the assistance...
Disorganized Inspirational Quotes & Sayings
You’ll find inspiration in these disorganized quotes. Unable to effectively plan one’s actions due to disorganization, disorganized planning, and lack...
Here are 50 Jordan Peterson Quotes for Self-Improvement
Jordan Peterson is a Canadian clinical psychologist and a professor of psychology at the University of Toronto. He is the...
Elizabeth Warren Quotes About Politics, Capitalism, and More
Elizabeth Warren is a law professor turned presidential candidate in 2020 who is committed to transforming the American economy. Explore...
These 1984 Quotes Will Change Your Perspective On The World
Despite the fact that this classic dystopian novel focuses on the dark side, these 1984 quotes will brighten your day....
Money Quotes Honoring Financial Knowledge and Freedom
This collection of “money quotes” will motivate you to make good use of your financial resources. Money is a valuable...
Animal Farm Quotes to Teach You the Dangers of Excessive Power
These Animal Farm quotes will remind you to always question your privilege and consider the consequences of using power to...
Wealth Quotes Highlighting Both Sides of Money
We tend to think of wealth as good, but as these wealth quotes demonstrate, every story has two sides. Growing...
Top 10 Fruits That Will Keep You Energized
Top 10 Fruits That Will Keep You Energized As an entrepreneur, you must maintain a high level of energy throughout...
50 Fyodor Dostoyevsky Quotes to Remind You to Follow Your Dreams
Fyodor Dostoyevsky is often regarded as one of the most influential novelists to have ever lived. His novels explore human...
- Johnny Depp Quotes from the Man Who Played Your Favorite Pirate
- 15 Ways to Be Thankful
- Of Mice and Men Quotes to Motivate You to Keep Going
- Disorganized Inspirational Quotes & Sayings
- Here are 50 Jordan Peterson Quotes for Self-Improvement
- Elizabeth Warren Quotes About Politics, Capitalism, and More
- These 1984 Quotes Will Change Your Perspective On The World
- Money Quotes Honoring Financial Knowledge and Freedom
- Animal Farm Quotes to Teach You the Dangers of Excessive Power
- Wealth Quotes Highlighting Both Sides of Money
- Top 10 Fruits That Will Keep You Energized
- 50 Fyodor Dostoyevsky Quotes to Remind You to Follow Your Dreams
- Jack Ma quotes on Business and Employment
- Our Memories Can Inspire Us To Succeed
- Four Ways To Find A Meaningful Purpose In Your Life!
- Titanic Quotes From the Epic Romance Film About Jack and Rose in the 1990s
- Lemon Quotes to Help You Live a Zesty Life
- Stars Quotes About Success
- First American Leaders’ Founding Fathers Quotes
- The Ripples of Influence: Quotes About Influencing Success