This collection of “moon quotes” will help you see the beauty in life and inspire you to believe in your purpose.
1. “Don’t tell me the moon is shining; show me the glint of light on broken glass.” – Anton Chekhov
2. “The moon is a loyal companion. It never leaves. It’s always there, watching, steadfast, knowing us in our light and dark moments, changing forever just as we do. Every day it’s a different version of itself. Sometimes weak and wan, sometimes strong and full of light. The moon understands what it means to be human. Uncertain. Alone. Cratered by imperfections.” – Tahereh Mafi
3. “The moon is a friend for the lonesome to talk to.” – Carl Sandburg
4. “The moon does not fight. It attacks no one. It does not worry. It does not try to crush others. It keeps to its course, but by its very nature, it gently influences. What other body could pull an entire ocean from shore to shore? The moon is faithful to its nature and its power is never diminished.” – Deng Ming-Dao
5. “But even when the moon looks like it’s waning…it’s actually never changing shape. Don’t ever forget that.” – Ai Yazawa
6. “The beautiful moon is an antidepressant. Love for her light is in every heart because she is so friendly, loving and forgiving.” – Debasish Mridha MD
7. “When hope is fleeting, stop for a moment and visualize, in a sky of silver, the crescent of a lavender moon. Imagine it — delicate, slim, precise, like a paper-thin slice from a cabochon jewel. It may not be very useful, but it is beautiful. And sometimes it is enough.” – Vera Nazarian
8. “Shoot for the moon. Even if you miss, you’ll land among the stars.” – Les Brown
9. “The moon will guide you through the night with her brightness, but she will always dwell in the darkness, in order to be seen.” – Shannon L. Alder
10. “We choose to go to the moon in this decade and do the other things, not because they are easy, but because they are hard, because that goal will serve to organize and measure the best of our energies and skills, because that challenge is one that we are willing to accept, one we are unwilling to postpone, and one which we intend to win.” – John F. Kennedy
Moon quotes to help you appreciate the wonders of life
At night, the moon shines and illuminates our world. But, in addition to lighting up our nights, the moon can be a great motivator, teaching us many life lessons.
The moon is imperfect, but it is still beautiful and enjoyable to watch. It exudes beauty and elegance for no apparent reason. Despite our imperfections, we should be calm and reflect beauty, just like the moon. We should shine in the midst of life’s darkness, paving the way for the path of light.
Like us, the moon goes through phases. We should embrace changes in our lives without fear of the differences they may bring.
Strive for every possible success, but don’t sit on your laurels for too long. Like the moon, you should be willing to let go of your past in order to rise to a new height.
Below is a collection of beautiful, wise, and inspirational moon quotes, moon sayings, and moon proverbs gathered from various sources over the years to brighten your life with imagination and possibilities.
Moon quotes that celebrate the light in the darkness
11. “It is a beautiful and delightful sight to behold the body of the Moon.” – Galileo Galilei
12. “The magic of autumn has seized the countryside; now that the sun isn’t ripening anything it shines for the sake of the golden age; for the sake of Eden; to please the moon for all I know.” – Elizabeth Coatsworth
If you like these quotes, you should check out our collection of fall quotes about falling in love.
13. “The moon is the reflection of your heart and moonlight is the twinkle of your love.” – Debasish Mridha
14. “When we are looking at the moon, we see the purest reflection of our own beauty and magic, which is why we love the moon so much.” – Debasish Mridha MD
15. “This is what I am talking about: the bewitching power of moonlight. Moonlight incites dark passions like a cold flame, making hearts burning with the intensity of phosphorus.” – Rampo Edogawa
16. “You may have the dark and cold street life, ruled by the lessor light of the moon. During this time, I restore my temple, and later awake to greet the awesome radiance of the sun-star.” – T.F. Hodge
17. “If you have a problem with the Moon in the sky and you are unhappy, change yourself, because the Moon won’t change!” – Mehmet Murat ildan
18. “And at the end of the night, they realized how important those little stars were, which they ignored while adoring the beauty of the moon whole night.” – Akshay Vasu
19. “I’m in no hurry: the sun and the moon aren’t, either. Nobody goes faster than the legs they have. If where I want to go is far away, I’m not there in an instant.” – Alberto Caeiro
20. “The moon stared at me through sprinkled nighttime stardust and I alone smile.” – Jay Long
Moon quotes to motivate you to grow and regenerate
21. “I’d rather live in a world where I get to love the moon than in one where I don’t, even if the moon won’t return the feeling.” – Alex London
22. “The moon fascinates us in her simplicity.” – Avijeet Das
23. “She has always been admired by the sun; For the way she rises each time after she falls. But the way she sparkles and glows whenever she talks about the things she adores; makes the moon and stars watch in envy…” – Samiha Totanji
24. “He could well imagine what the moon had given her: pure solitude and tranquility. That was the best thing the moon could give a person.” – Haruki Murakami
25. “No living thing ever defeated Tain Hu in battle. Only the tide could fight her. Only the moon and the sea together could bring her down.” – Seth Dickinson
26. “Have you ever felt this feeling? When suddenly out of the blue someone walks right into your heart? And then you keep staring at the sky at night and keep asking the stars and the moon to help you figure this all out!” – Avijeet Das
27. “The moon is sun at your place splashing its rays below but it’s the same art board we stare at!” – Suyasha Subedi
28. “Smile like the moon to make life beautiful, because in your beautiful smile life finds meaning.” – Debasish Mridha MD
29. “As the seas are claimed, the Moon shall be the jewel in the prize. Claimed, not as a safe haven, but as an island of menace within the sky. And the last nail will have been driven home when humanity realizes their inactive mistakes.” – Anthony T. Hincks
30. “She is twice as beautiful as the moon and all of the stars together.” – Giovannie de Sadeleer
Moon quotes to inspire you to believe in your mission
31. “During the day the Sun causes wounds. And in the night the Moon heals the wounds. The mountain waits all day for the night when his moon will be finally bright.” – Suyasha Subedi
32. “You are the sun. You bring warmth, laughter and joy—but he is the moon. He draws me into a world of mystery that I have never known.” – Meredith T. Taylor
33. “I can feel the moon’s love for the earth in my soul when it’s magical silent silvery light touches my heart.” – Debasish Mridha MD
If you like these quotes, you should also check out our collection of magic quotes about the power of the unseen.
34. “Be like the moon in someone’s sky and show her the way of life with your loving silvery lights during the darkness.” – Debasish Mridha MD
If you like these quotes, you’ll love our collection of dark quotes that will inspire you to keep going and reassure you that everything will be fine.
35.) “The moon is queen of everything. She rules the oceans, rivers, rain. When I am asked whose tears these are; I always blame the moon.” – Lucille Clifton
36. “Meditate. Live purely. Be quiet. Do your work with mastery. Like the moon, come out from behind the clouds! Shine.”- Gautama Buddha
37. “We may look at the same moon, but our hearts sing different songs depending on our inner emotions and perceptions.” – Debasish Mridha MD
38. “The Moon is the first milestone on the road to the stars.” – Arthur C. Clarke
39. “It is no secret that the moon has no light of her own, but is, as it were, a mirror, receiving brightness from the influence of the sun.” – Vitruvius
If you like these quotes, you’ll appreciate our collection of mirror quotes that will alter your perception.
40. “The moon, like a flower in heaven’s high bower, With silent delight Sits and smiles on the night.”- William Blake
Beautiful moon quotes to brighten your day
41. “The wisdom of the Moon is greater than the wisdom of the Earth, because the Moon sees the universe better than the Earth can see it.” – Mehmet Murat Ildan
42. “I still say, ‘Shoot for the moon; you might get there.” – Buzz Aldrin
43. “Tell me what you feel in your room when the full moon is shining in upon you and your lamp is dying out, and I will tell you how old you are, and I shall know if you are happy.” – Henri Frederic Amiel
44. “When the storm is over and night falls and the moon is out in all its glory and all you’re left with is the rhythm of the sea, of the waves, you know what God intended for the human race, you know what paradise is.” – Harold Pinter
If you like these quotes, you should also read our collection of waves quotes for surfers and beach lovers.
45. “When I admire the wonders of a sunset or the beauty of the moon, my soul expands in the worship of the creator.” – Mahatma Gandhi
46. “The faults of a superior person are like the sun and moon. They have their faults, and everyone sees them; they change and everyone looks up to them. “– Confucius
47. “When I look at the moon I do not see a hostile, empty world. I see the radiant body where man has taken his first steps into a frontier that will never end.” – David Scott
48. “The lovely moon may not be able to breathe, but it takes our breath away with her incredible beauty and soft silvery love.” – Debasish Mridha MD
49. “There are nights when the wolves are silent and only the moon howls.”- George Carlin
If you enjoyed these quotes, be sure to check out our collection of George Carlin quotes.
50. “Your thoughts are a veil on the face of the Moon. That Moon is your heart, and those thoughts cover your heart. So let them go, just let them fall into the water.” – Rumi
Inspirational moon quotes to help you think more clearly
51. “She used to tell me that a full moon was when mysterious things happen and wishes come true.”― Shannon A. Thompson
52. “This super full moon brings grounding that opens a doorway of new healing, new teaching and new mysteries.” —Unknown
53. “The moon was reigning over their world, glowing its full splendor to all those willing to look up.”― Irina Serban
54. “Everyone is a moon, and has a dark side which he never shows to anybody.” —Mark Twain
55. “The moon rested right above the mountains, a place I call home.”― Daniel Wallock
56. “There is no dark side of the moon really. Matter of fact it’s all dark.” —Pink Floyd
57. “The moon looks upon many night flowers; the night flowers see but one moon.” —Jean Ingelow
58. “The sun Watches what I do. But the moon knows all my secrets.” —J.M Wonderland
59. “If someday the moon calls you by your name don’t be surprised, because every night I tell her about you.” —Shahrazad al-Khalij
60. “In presence of the Moon nobody sees stars.” —Amit Kalantri
Other moon quotes and sayings
61. “And all the insects ceased in honor of the moon.” — Jack Kerouac
62. “The moon has awoken with the sleep of the sun, the light has been broken; the spell has begun.”― Anonymous
63. “With the light all around us, we felt secret in that moon–infused water like pearls forming in the soft tissues of oysters.” — Pat Conroy
64. “She always said she’d prefer to die on her way to the moon than under a runaway bus.”― Alan Bradley
65. “It was the kind of moon that I would want to send back to my ancestors and gift to my descendants so they know that I too have been bruised…by beauty.” — Sanober Khan
66. “Full moon is a good fisherman; every eye is easily caught in his net!” — Mehmet Murat Ildan
67. “Many solemn nights blond moon, we stand and marvel…Sleeping our noons away.” — Teitoku
68. “The moon — a luminous guide for the poetic musings of my soul.” ― Meeta Ahluwalia
69. “There’s no point in saving the world if it means losing the moon.” — Tom Robbins
70. “And all the stars in the deep blue sky are the tears of the moon; the ones he cried while dreaming about the sun.”― Laura Chouette
Moon-Related Quotes and Sayings
71. “Moonlight drowns out all but the brightest stars.” – J.R.R. Tolkien
72. “We are all like the bright moon, we still have our darker side.” – Khalil Gibran
73. “Do not swear by the moon, for she changes constantly. Then your love would also change.” – William Shakespeare
74. “Three things cannot be long hidden: the sun, the moon, and the truth.” – Buddha
75. “Aim for the moon. If you miss, you may hit a star.” – W. Clement Stone
76. “There was a man who loved the moon, but whenever he tried to embrace her, she broke into a thousand pieces and left him drenched, with empty arms.” ― Laini Taylor
77. “I am the sun who will bring delight when you are in front of me. I am the moon who will show shyness when you are away from me.” – Santosh Kalwar
78. “Moonlight is sculpture; sunlight is painting.” – Nathaniel Hawthorne
79. “Be the moon and inspire people, even when you’re far from full.” – K. Tolnoe
80. “She was like the moon, half here and half somewhere else.” – Meeta Ahluwalia
Did you like these quotes about the moon?
At night, the moon illuminates our world. Similarly, we should be confident in our beauty and elegance, regardless of any flaws we may have.
The moon reminds us that the beauty of life cannot be taken away by darkness. Despite life’s ups and downs, we should reflect beauty and believe in our purpose.
Which of these moon quotes did you like best? Do you have any additional inspirational quotes to share? Tell us in the comments section below. Also, if you liked the quotes, please share them with your friends and followers.
Are you having fun reading the Daily Brightside?
Please take a moment to Like, Comment, and Share this post!
Environmentally Motivating Jane Goodall Quotes
These Jane Goodall quotes will help you understand the relationship between humans and nature.
Jane Goodall is a renowned primatologist who has spent her life studying chimpanzees and the environment. Her words will change your perspective on animals, humans, and the state of the planet. Jane Goodall quotes highlight her groundbreaking research as well as her compassion for all animals. We now have a better understanding of how mankind is connected to nature as a result of her efforts.
How did Jane Goodall impact the world?
Jane Goodall has changed the world as an environmental activist and conservation leader. These inspiring quotes by the renowned primatologist will fascinate and delight you. Jane Goodall’s thought-provoking research has brought humans and animals closer together over the years.
Read her words of wisdom and advice to better understand your place in the natural world. Distribute these Jane Goodall quotes to anyone you know who cares about animals and the environment.
Don’t forget to look through our collection of climate change quotes for more ideas.
Jane Goodall quotes on the relationship between humans and nature
1. “Here we are, the most clever species ever to have lived. So how is it we can destroy the only planet we have?” – Jane Goodall
2. “I think empathy is really important, and I think only when our clever brain and our human heart work together in harmony can we achieve our full potential.” – Jane Goodall
3. “To me, cruelty is the worst of human sins. Once we accept that a living creature has feelings and suffers pain, then by knowingly and deliberately inflicting suffering on that creature, we are guilty, whether it be human or animal.” – Jane Goodall
4. “The greatest danger to our future is apathy.” – Jane Goodall
5. “What you do makes a difference, and you have to decide what kind of difference you want to make.” – Jane Goodall
6. “Let us develop respect for all living things. Let us try to replace violence and intolerance with understanding and compassion. And love.” – Jane Goodall
7. “If we kill off the wild, then we are killing a part of our souls.” – Jane Goodall
8. “Chimpanzees, more than any other living creature, have helped us to understand that there is no sharp line between humans and the rest of the animal kingdom. It’s a very blurry line, and it’s getting more blurry all the time.” – Jane Goodall
9. “To reconnect with nature is key if we want to save the planet.” – Jane Goodall
10. “You cannot get through a single day without having an impact on the world around you.” – Jane Goodall
Jane Goodall quotes to change your view of the world.
11. “I do have reasons for hope: our clever brains, the resilience of nature, the indomitable human spirit, and above all, the commitment of young people when they’re empowered to take action.” – Jane Goodall
12. “We have the choice to use the gift of our life to make the world a better place ― or not to bother.” – Jane Goodall
13. “In what terms should we think of these beings, nonhuman yet possessing so very many human-like characteristics? How should we treat them? Surely we should treat them with the same consideration and kindness as we show to other humans; and as we recognize human rights, so too should we recognize the rights of the great apes? Yes.” – Jane Goodall
14. “Only if we understand, can we care. Only if we care, we will help. Only if we help, we shall be saved.” – Jane Goodall
15. “Chimpanzees, gorillas, orangutans have been living for hundreds of thousands of years in their forest, living fantastic lives, never overpopulating, never destroying the forest. I would say that they have been in a way more successful than us as far as being in harmony with the environment.” – Jane Goodall
16. “Change happens by listening and then starting a dialogue with the people who are doing something you don’t believe is right.” – Jane Goodall
17. “If the factory farm does indeed unravel – and it must – then there is hope that we can, gradually, reverse the environmental damage it has caused. Once the animal feed operations have gone and livestock are once again able to graze, there will be a massive reduction in the agricultural chemicals currently used to grow grain for animals. And eventually, the horrendous contamination caused by animal waste can be cleaned up. None of this will be easy.” – Jane Goodall
18. “We have so far to go to realize our human potential for compassion, altruism, and love.” – Jane Goodall
19. “What makes us human, I think, is an ability to ask questions, a consequence of our sophisticated spoken language.” – Jane Goodall
20. “Farm animals are far more aware and intelligent than we ever imagined and, despite having been bred as domestic slaves, they are individual beings in their own right. As such, they deserve our respect. And our help. Who will plead for them if we are silent? Thousands of people who say they ‘love’ animals sit down once or twice a day to enjoy the flesh of creatures who have been treated so with little respect and kindness just to make more meat.” – Jane Goodall
Don’t forget to read these Steve Irwin quotes to awaken your inner environmentalist.
Jane Goodall quotes to motivate you to make a difference
21. “Every individual matters. Every individual has a role to play. Every individual makes a difference.” – Jane Goodall
22. “One thing I had learned from watching chimpanzees with their infants is that having a child should be fun.” – Jane Goodall
23. “I’m always pushing for human responsibility. Given that chimpanzees and many other animals are sentient and sapient, then we should treat them with respect.” – Jane Goodall
24. “And if we dare to look into those eyes, then we shall feel their suffering in our hearts. More and more people have seen that appeal and felt it in their hearts. All around the world there is an awakening of understanding and compassion, and understanding that reaches out to help the suffering animals in their vanishing homelands. That embraces hungry, sick, and desperate human beings, people who are starving while the fortunate among us have so much more than we need. And if, one by one, we help them, the hurting animals, the desperate humans, then together we shall alleviate so much of the hunger, fear, and pain in the world. Together we can bring change to the world, gradually replacing fear and hatred with compassion and love. Love for all living beings.” – Jane Goodall
25. “I think the most important thing is to keep active and to hope that your mind stays active.” – Jane Goodall
26. “When you meet chimps you meet individual personalities. When a baby chimp looks at you it’s just like a human baby. We have a responsibility to them.” – Jane Goodall
27. “From my perspective, I absolutely believe in a greater spiritual power, far greater than I am, from which I have derived strength in moments of sadness or fear. That’s what I believe, and it was very, very strong in the forest.” – Jane Goodall
28. “People say maybe we have a soul and chimpanzees don’t. I feel that it’s quite possible that if we have souls, chimpanzees have souls as well.” – Jane Goodall
29. “If we do not do something to help these creatures, we make a mockery of the whole concept of justice.” – Jane Goodall
30. “Someday we shall look back on this dark era of agriculture and shake our heads. How could we have ever believed that it was a good idea to grow our food with poisons?” – Jane Goodall
Jane Goodall quotes to bring humans and animals closer together
31. “Each one of us matters, has a role to play, and makes a difference. Each one of us must take responsibility for our own lives, and above all, show respect and love for living things around us, especially each other.” – Jane Goodall
32. “All the time I was getting closer to animals and nature, and as a result, closer to myself and more and more in tune with the spiritual power that I felt all around. For those who have experienced the joy of being alone with nature there is really little need for me to say much more; for those who have not, no words of mine can even describe the powerful, almost mystical knowledge of beauty and eternity that come, suddenly, and all unexpected. The beauty was always there, but moments of true awareness were rare. They would come, unannounced; perhaps when I was watching the pale flush preceding dawn; or looking up through the rustling leaves of some giant forest tree into the greens and browns and the black shadows and the occasionally ensured bright fleck of blue sky; or when I stood, as darkness fell, with one hand on the still warm trunk of a tree and looked at the sparkling of an early moon on the never still, softly sighing water of Lake Tanganyika.” – Jane Goodall
If you like these quotes, you should also read our collection of forest quotes about the beauty of trees.
33. “I like some animals more than some people, some people more than some animals.” – Jane Goodall
34. “Lasting change is a series of compromises. And compromise is all right, as long your values don’t change.” – Jane Goodall
35. “We are, indeed, often cruel and evil. Nobody can deny this. We gang up on each one another, we torture each other, with words as well as deeds, we fight, we kill. But we are also capable of the most noble, generous, and heroic behavior.” – Jane Goodall
36. “I don’t think that faith, whatever you’re being faithful about, really can be scientifically explained. And I don’t want to explain this whole life business through truth, science. There’s so much mystery. There’s so much awe.” – Jane Goodall
37. “Words can be said in bitterness and anger, and often there seems to be an element of truth in the nastiness. And words don’t go away, they just echo around.” – Jane Goodall
38. “You cannot share your life with a dog, as I had done in Bournemouth, or a cat, and not know perfectly well that animals have personalities and minds and feelings.” – Jane Goodall
39. “We have a responsibility toward the other life-forms of our planet whose continued existence is threatened by the thoughtless behavior of our own human species … Environmental responsibility ― for if there is no God, then, obviously, it is up to us to put things right.” – Jane Goodall
40. “And always I have this feeling ― which may not be true at all ― that I am being used as a messenger.” – Jane Goodall
Jane Goodall quotes to motivate you
41. “Cultural speciation had been crippling to human moral and spiritual growth. It had hindered freedom of thought, limited our thinking, imprisoned us in the cultures into which we had been born.” – Jane Goodall
42. “We find animals doing things that we, in our arrogance, used to think was ‘just human.’” – Jane Goodall
43. “And I thought how sad it was that, for all our sophisticated intellect, for all our noble aspirations, our aggressive behavior was not just similar in many ways to that of the chimpanzees – it was even worse. Worse because human beings have the potential to rise above their baser instincts, whereas chimpanzees probably do not.” – Jane Goodall
44. “There is a powerful force unleashed when young people resolve to make a change.” – Jane Goodall
45. “Most of us don’t realize the difference we could make. We love to shrug off our own responsibilities, to point fingers at others. ‘Surely,’ we say, ‘the pollution, waste, and other ills are not our fault. They are the fault of the industry, business, science. They are the fault of the politicians,’ This leads to a destructive and potentially deadly apathy.” – Jane Goodall
46. “But let us not forget that human love and compassion are equally deeply rooted in our primate heritage, and in this sphere too our sensibilities are of a higher order of magnitude than those of chimpanzees.” – Jane Goodall
47. “We still have a long way to go. But we are moving in the right direction. If only we can overcome cruelty, to human and animal, with love and compassion we shall stand at the threshold of a new era in human moral and spiritual evolution ― and realize, at last, our most unique quality: humanity.” – Jane Goodall
48. “I became totally absorbed into this forest existence. It was an unparalleled period when aloneness was a way of life; a perfect opportunity, it might seem, for meditating on the meaning of existence and my role in it all.” – Jane Goodall
49. “The hardest part of returning to a truly healthy environment may be changing the current totally unsustainable heavy-meat-eating culture of increasing numbers of people around the world. But we must try. We must make a start, one by one.” – Jane Goodall
50. “The least I can do is speak out for those who cannot speak for themselves.” – Jane Goodall
You might also enjoy this environmental activist Edward Abbey quotes.
More quotes by Jane Goodall
51. “We can’t leave people in abject poverty, so we need to raise the standard of living for 80% of the world’s people, while bringing it down considerably for the 20% who are destroying our natural resources.” – Jane Goodall
52. “I think the best evenings are when we have messages, things that make us think, but we can also laugh and enjoy each other’s company.” – Jane Goodall
53. “Without patience I could never have succeeded.” – Jane Goodall
54. “Some people say… that violence and war are inevitable. I say rubbish: Our brains are fully capable of controlling instinctive behavior. We’re not very good at it though, are we?” – Jane Goodall
55. “It actually doesn’t take much to be considered a difficult woman. That’s why there are so many of us.” – Jane Goodall
56. “As thy days, so shall thy strength be.” – Jane Goodall
57. “That is our hope. Because if we all start listening and helping, then surely, together, we can make the world a better place for all living things. Can’t we?” – Jane Goodall
58. “You may not believe in evolution, and that’s all right. How we humans came to be the way we are is far less important than how we should act now to get out of the mess we have made for ourselves.” – Jane Goodall
59. “Any little thing that brings us back into communion with the natural world and the spiritual power that permeates all life will help us to move a little further along the path of human moral and spiritual evolution.” – Jane Goodall
60. “Nature can win if we give her a chance” – Jane Goodall
Which of these inspirational Jane Goodall quotes speaks to you the most?
Jane Goodall’s incredible insights will delight animal lovers and environmental activists alike. The well-known primatologist is known for her studies on chimpanzees and the impact of humans on the natural world. This collection of Jane Goodall quotes should have inspired you to do your part to save the planet. Anything is possible if we try our hardest and follow our hearts.
Climate change, pollution, and poaching are all having an impact on our planet. The quotes from Jane Goodall above should arouse your interest in the relationship between humans and the environment. Share these thought-provoking quotes with your friends and family to give them a fresh look at the state of the planet.
Which Jane Goodall quotes about nature, life, and love are your favorites? Tell us in the comments section below.
- 15 Ways to Be Thankful
- Of Mice and Men Quotes to Motivate You to Keep Going
- Disorganized Inspirational Quotes & Sayings
- Here are 50 Jordan Peterson Quotes for Self-Improvement
- Elizabeth Warren Quotes About Politics, Capitalism, and More
- These 1984 Quotes Will Change Your Perspective On The World
- Money Quotes Honoring Financial Knowledge and Freedom
Please take a moment to Like, Comment, and Share this post!
Greek Mythology’s Medusa Quotes Regarding the Unusual Guardian
With the help of these Medusa quotes, you can decide whether she is powerful and dangerous, or beautiful and betrayed.
Medusa is one of the gorgons in Greek mythology. She was a protector, and unlike her family, she was beautiful and mortal.
According to legend, after a love affair with Poisedon, Athena transformed Medusa into a mythical creature with snakes for hair. Anyone who looked into her eyes was turned to stone.
According to legend, she was eventually beheaded, but her eyes retained the ability to turn people into stone and were used as a weapon.
Medusa quotes about the legendary Greek guardian.
1. “You only have to look at the Medusa straight on to see her. And she’s not deadly. She’s beautiful and she’s laughing.” – Helene Cixous
2. “Beauty is that Medusa’s head which men go armed to seek and sever, and dead will starve and sting forever.” – Archibald MacLeish
3. “A beautiful mortal, Medusa was the exception in the family, until she incurred the wrath of Athena, either due to her boastfulness or because of an ill-fated love affair with Poseidon. Transformed into a vicious monster with snakes for hair, she was killed by Perseus, who afterward used her still potent head as a weapon, before gifting it to Athena.” – greekmythology.com
4. “You may gaze at her reflection in still waters of the lake, but don’t look at her directly or death will be your fate.” – Angel Witch
5. “In mythology, the Medusa can petrify people with a look – which is a good thing, I think. But the Medusa is a unique symbol – something strong. It’s about going all the way.” – Donatella Versace
6. “Medusa – whose name probably comes from the Ancient Greek word for ‘guardian’” – greekmythology.com
7. “Every part of her was still except her hair, which blew round her face in the damp night like Medusa’s serpentine locks rearing to strike.” – Katherine Pine
8. “Medusa was fascinating to work with because I gave her a snake’s body so that she could pull herself with her hands which gave her a very creepy aura. I didn’t want to animate cosmic gowns. Most Medusas you see in the classics have flowing robes which would be mad to even try to animate.” – Ray Harryhausen
9. “She was usually represented as a winged female creature having a head of hair consisting of snakes; unlike the Gorgons, she was sometimes represented as very beautiful.” – Britannica
10. “Pegasus’s dad was poseidon, the god of the sea, and his mom was Medusa and evil Gorgon who had fangs and lizard skin and living snakes for hair. And you thought your family was weird.” – Evan Kuhlman
The Best Insightful Medusa quotes
11. “Margaret Thatcher has shown that there is power and dignity to be won by defying the status quo and the majority rather than by adapting to them. If the British left, which she froze into immobility like Medusa, could bring itself to learn from this, then we might not have to look upon her like again.” – Christopher Hitchens
12. “The look she gave him in reply would have petrified Medusa.” – Karsten Knight
13. “The television, that insidious beast, that Medusa which freezes a billion people to stone every night, staring fixedly, that Siren which called and sang and promised so much and gave, after all, so little.” – Ray Bradbury
14. “Writer’s block results from too much head. Cut off your head. Pegasus, poetry, was born of Medusa when her head was cut off. You have to be reckless when writing. Be as crazy as your conscience allows.” – Joseph Campbell
15. “The literary scene is a kind of Medusa’s raft, small and sinking, and one’s instinct when a newcomer tries to clamber aboard is to step on his fingers.” – John Updike
16. “You cursed my soul, my mind is dead. Eyes like a weapon, snakes on my head. A priestess I was, the pride of Athena. Now I’m banned to live the life of a beast.” – Grave Digger
17. “You’re going native! Now, put down that ridiculous tray and help me kill this demigod. Or have you forgotten that he’s the one who vaporized Medusa?” – Rick Riordan
Other Medusa quotes
18. “If a woman shows too often the Medusa’s head, she must not be astonished if her lover is turned into stone.” – Henry Wadsworth Longfellow
19. “Tom just stood there, sword in hand, a huge grin on his lips. He stared at Medusa and Medusa stared at him, and in this moment that made his dreams come true, Tom could only think of one thing to say.” – S.J. Kincaid
20. “Hey, Dad, can I borrow the severed head of Medusa tonight? I’m going out with my friends. Okay, honey, just bring it back by midnight, and don’t petrify anyone.” – Rick Riordan
21. “We must kill the false woman who is preventing the live one from breathing.” – Helene Cixous
22. “Fascinated by the glitter of gain, man gazes at the Medusa-like face of greed and stands petrified.” – Manly P. Hall
23. “I’ve been prepping for my role as Medusa.” – Joaquin Phoenix
24. “You’re probably wondering: why were Medusa’s kids a golden warrior and a winged horse? And how had they been stuck in Medusa’s body all those years? Heck, I dunno. I’m just telling you how it was. You want stuff to make sense, you’re in the wrong universe” – Rick Riordan
25. “To meet God or Medusa face to face, even if it means risking everything human in myself. I dream of a hard and brutal mysticism in which the naked self merges with the nonhuman world and yet somehow survives still intact individual, separate. Paradox and bedrock.” – Edward Abbey
What did these Medusa quotes teach you?
Medusa is a well-known figure from Greek mythology. She has frequently appeared in films and television shows.
There’s just something about a woman with snakes for hair that draws people in and makes them want to see what happens. Furthermore, the ability to turn people into stone with simple eye contact is alluring.
However, myths and legends tend to evolve over time. Some versions of the story claim that Medusa, like her sisters, was a hideous beast from the start.
According to one story, when some of her blood was spilled on the ground, it transformed into venomous snakes and killed someone. Whether the story says she was born a beast or was transformed into one, her image is intriguing.
What is the most important thing you learned from these Medusa quotes and sayings? Tell us in the comments section below.
- Greatness In Life Quotes From Vince Lombardi
- Tree Quotes Will Inspire You To Plant Roots
- Understanding Your Beliefs With Nacho Libre Quotes
- Edgar Allan Poe Quotes about Existence, Love, and Joy
- Stephen Hawking Quotes on Love, Stars, and Optimism
- Inspirational Quotes From Greek Philosophers On Ancient Knowledge
Please take a moment to Like, Comment, and Share this post!
Getting to Know the Stranger in the Mirror
Getting to Know the Stranger in the Mirror
Have you ever caught a glimpse of a woman and wondered, “Who is she?” Did your eyes catch sight of her? Was her image altered? How long did it take for you to realize the woman returning your look were you?
When I realized I didn’t know what I was doing,
I was married at an early age in 1989. In truth, I was only twenty years old, idealistic, and ready to devote myself to family life, or so I believed. And, like many others, I finally got disillusioned with what I originally thought was the proper path for me. There were times when I questioned the direction of my life and even wrote about it. Nevertheless, daily life gradually encroached on those fleeting moments of freedom—freedom to genuinely know myself. Many attempts to connect to life’s purpose left me fatigued in an endeavor to feel a part of something bigger than my little corner of the globe.
Twenty years have gone. By 2009, I realized my life had changed drastically. From my perspective, everything appeared to have been designed by a stranger, and the lady attempting to live it was me. I felt disconnected from myself, my principles, and even my own identity. Many of us have similar experiences and are faced with the decision of remaining comfortably hidden or pursuing the path toward self-improvement and authenticity. Despite my desire for quick and painless remedies, my trip required several more years of my life. Underlying my dissatisfaction were two questions: “Who am I? Whose life am I living? Although the answers were unknown, finding them had become critical. As a result, I committed to the task regardless of how far I traveled or where I ended myself. Today, little remains of the lady who started this adventure.
Taking the first step toward better understanding oneself
Initially, I decided to start therapy, which prompted me to confront personal prejudices about who sought counseling. This first step called into question my belief that I was coping with life. I wasn’t. The truth was that after a lengthy history of undivided commitment to others, I had become emotionally bankrupt. Therapy eventually revealed the need to nourish myself, but it would not be easy after such a lengthy period of neglect.
I started writing every day to explain and understand my road back to myself, which gave me strength on the hardest days. I took small steps ahead, resisting the old voices that beckoned my return. I realized that if I was unhealthy, nothing in my life could be healthy. So I persisted in my efforts to become the healthiest version of myself imaginable.
My body suffered as a result of the stress I was experiencing.
Regrettably, I was not only emotionally destitute, but also physically depleted and began to experience health problems. My mental and physiological stress responses were more pronounced, and my body became unable to manage itself. At the time, I was under the care of a holistic medical professional who initiated drastic dietary adjustments to address the physical imbalances. I cut off gluten, sugar, and dairy from my diet. I educated myself on healing nutrition, learnt how to find higher-quality foods, and learned how to prepare my own meals. I dropped weight quickly after changing my eating habits. Over the next few years, more than a hundred pounds vanished. My body gradually but steadily shed the protective coating I had been carrying for much of my life. As I lost weight, my body image and perception changed, revealing more of my genuine identity. My physical and emotional health were so intertwined that any change in either triggered and fueled a seemingly never-ending chain of events.
Getting closer to the real myself by finishing what I started
In 2011, I returned to college to earn my degree in psychology and social work while supporting my mental and physical healing. I enrolled in an accelerated master’s program in clinical social work after finishing my bachelor’s program in 2013. Education provided me with an opportunity to explore new beliefs, values, and a new self-perspective. In many respects, the time I spent getting an education encouraged and strengthened me to change the direction of my life.
Minor modifications that resulted in big changes
As I made small modifications, I was overwhelmed and disheartened by their size. Yet, there were some surprises along the road. I was instructed to compose my personal narrative when I first started counseling. Originally, the practice strengthened my comprehension of the details of my life, but it quickly expanded into much more. My creativity began to emerge as writing became a means of healing. I attended poetry readings on weekends, wrote on a regular basis, and experimented with poetry. When the voyage became too lengthy or desperate for me, poetry provided the solace I required. It communicated to me in a language that invited me to learn more about myself, and it did so without expecting anything in return.
These events have taught me to first know and trust myself in life. Every day, I learned more about my own identity, purpose, and voice. I began a completely new life. Everyone of us possesses untapped potential that is only waiting for the spark of growth. We all have the opportunity to become more authentic and live lives that truly reflect who we are.
I still have instances when my own reflection surprises me. I’m not sure who she is: the woman in the mirror. And then I realize she is exactly who she is meant to be.
- Grace Quotes That Will Transform Your Life
- New Month Quotes for New Beginnings
- Pet quotes and Expressions for Animal Lovers
- Happy New Year 2023
- 15 Surprising Reasons to Be Thankful in Life
Please take a moment to Like, Comment, and Share this post!
How to Continue Consistently Pursuing and Realizing Your Dreams
Are you feeling stuck in life, unsure of where to go or what to do next? It’s easy to fall...
Environmentally Motivating Jane Goodall Quotes
These Jane Goodall quotes will help you understand the relationship between humans and nature. Jane Goodall is a renowned primatologist...
Greek Mythology’s Medusa Quotes Regarding the Unusual Guardian
With the help of these Medusa quotes, you can decide whether she is powerful and dangerous, or beautiful and betrayed....
Getting to Know the Stranger in the Mirror
Getting to Know the Stranger in the Mirror Have you ever caught a glimpse of a woman and wondered, “Who...
Shine in the Darkness with Moon Quotes
This collection of “moon quotes” will help you see the beauty in life and inspire you to believe in your...
Your Path To Greatness Is Celebrated With Journey Quotes
As you work towards your goals and dreams, let our latest collection of journey quotes inspire you. These journey quotes...
Michelle Obama Quotes That Will Inspire You To Be More Kind
Michelle Obama is a woman who needs no introduction, and despite being a former First Lady, she is still adored...
Best of Mahatma Gandhi on Love and Peace
Mahatma Gandhi was a man who many liked and admired. He was defined by peace, understanding, and challenging others to...
Life, Love, and Compassion Dalai Lama Quotes
Searching for Dalai Lama quotes to help you live your best life? The present Dalai Lama is the 14th Dalai...
Life-Inspiring Joyce Meyer Quotes
Check out these Joyce Meyer quotes if you need a pick-me-up today. Joyce Meyer is a Bible teacher, speaker, and...
Inspiration for Getting Through Hard Times: Overcoming the Dark Quotes
If you’ve been dealing with overwhelming and troubling times in your life, these dark quotes will inspire you to keep...
Confidence-Building Insecurity Quotes
These insecurity quotes are for individuals who want to know they are not alone in their dread of being judged....
- How to Continue Consistently Pursuing and Realizing Your Dreams
- Environmentally Motivating Jane Goodall Quotes
- Greek Mythology’s Medusa Quotes Regarding the Unusual Guardian
- Getting to Know the Stranger in the Mirror
- Shine in the Darkness with Moon Quotes
- Your Path To Greatness Is Celebrated With Journey Quotes
- Michelle Obama Quotes That Will Inspire You To Be More Kind
- Best of Mahatma Gandhi on Love and Peace
- Life, Love, and Compassion Dalai Lama Quotes
- Life-Inspiring Joyce Meyer Quotes
- Inspiration for Getting Through Hard Times: Overcoming the Dark Quotes
- Confidence-Building Insecurity Quotes
- Quotes for Him to Feel Appreciated in the Morning
- Love Quotes for Her
- Motivational Quotes: Words of Wisdom
- Love at First Sight: Crush Quotes
- Wise Love Quotes That Brighten Your Soul
- Best of Good Vibe Quotes
- To Inspire You, Here Are Some Socrates Quotes On Life, Wisdom, and Philosophy
- Blended Family Quotes to Share With Your Friends and Family