A father is both his son’s and daughter’s first idol and love. These father quotes to honor all that is admirable about fathers.
These phrases may appear cliched or as if they were written for a greeting card, yet they are actually very accurate for the majority of us.
Dads are a source of inspiration for many people since they play such an important and distinctive role in the family.
Most of us go through life knowing that we don’t need anyone else quite like our father.
He is always there for us, no matter what stage of life we are in or what our current circumstances are.
Fathers always seem to know what to say, from learning to ride a bike to choosing a college, buying a home, and starting a family of their own.
“The quality of a father can be seen in the goals, dreams, and aspirations he sets not only for himself, but for his family.” – Reed Markham
You will be inspired by these Father’s Day quotes. Father’s Day is a celebration that celebrates paternity, paternal connections, and the impact of dads in society.
Father’s Day in History.
On July 5, 1908, the first Father’s Day was held for the first time at the Williams Memorial Methodist Episcopal Church South in Fairmont, West Virginia.
A “Father’s Day” ceremony was held, despite the fact that it was not technically a day, thanks to the efforts of a woman named Grace Golden Clayton. Mrs. Clayton had inquired of her pastor, Dr. R. Thomas Webb, about holding a Sunday service to commemorate Dad.
Despite the fact that Mrs. Clayton’s own father had died in 1896, she wished to have a memorial ceremony for the more than 200 fathers who had died in the Monongah mining explosion, which occurred a few miles south of Fairmont on December 6, 1907.
More than 360 men and boys were killed in the deadliest mining accident in US history, and more than 1,000 children in the area were left without a father.
Despite the fact that the Fairmont service was the first known to commemorate fathers, it would take a few more years for the concept of honoring fathers to catch on.
Mrs. Sonora Smart Dodd of Spokane, Washington, is credited with setting in motion the chain of events that resulted in Father’s Day being a national holiday in the United States.
Mrs. Dodd felt it was only proper and fair that fathers be recognized in the same way as mothers after hearing a Mother’s Day sermon in 1909.
After her mother died giving birth to their sixth child, her father, William Smart, raised his six children alone on his farm in Washington.
Mrs. Dodd requested of the Spokane Ministerial Association and the YMCA that they hold a “Father’s Day” in his honor. The 5th of June was chosen as the date because it was her father William’s birthday.
The concept was well received; some Spokane clergymen requested that the date be modified to allow them more time to write sermons on dads.
The first Father’s Day in Spokane, Washington, was observed on June 19, 1910 (the third Sunday in June).
It became an annual event in that town, and neighboring communities rapidly followed suit, holding their own celebrations.
Father’s Day did not become a national holiday for many years, despite considerable popular support.
The first bill was introduced in Congress in 1913, with President Woodrow Wilson’s support, but it failed to pass.
In 1966, President Lyndon B. Johnson signed a proclamation designating the third Sunday in June as a national day to commemorate fathers. President Richard Nixon signed it into law in 1972, and it has been an official, permanent national holiday ever since.
In honor of Father’s Day – and Dads everywhere – we’ve put together a list of the very finest quotes about fathers. Keep reading to find the perfect way to say “thank you” in your Father’s Day card this year.
“A father is someone you look up to, no matter how tall you grow.” – Unknown
Fathers and Sons Quotes
- A father’s relationship with his son is unlike any other.
- There is no greater hero for a little boy than his father! The bond between sons and their fathers is quite close, from clothing like him to standing like him and adopting his mannerisms.
- As we become older, our views of both of our parents – particularly our father – might fluctuate and evolve.
- While you may come to realize that your father isn’t quite the unstoppable hero you previously imagined he was, he has played an important role in molding you into the guy you are now.
- Your Dad is a key role model at home and at work, and the example he established for parenthood is the one you will carry forward in your own life as you become a father.
- A father is a man who expects his son to be as good a man as he meant to be. ~ Frank A. Clark
- My father didn’t tell me how to live. He lived and let me watch him do it. ~ Clarence Budington Kelland
- “Every father should remember one day his son will follow his example, not his advice.” – Charles Kettering
- It is not flesh and blood but the heart which makes us fathers and sons. ~ Johann Friedrich Von Schiller
- For thousands of years, father and son have stretched wistful hands across the canyon of time. ~ Alan Valentine
- My father taught me a good lesson: Don’t get too low when things go wrong. And don’t get too high when things are good. ~ Robert Parish
- My father taught me not to overthink things, that nothing will ever be perfect, so just keep moving and do your best. ~ Scott Eastwood
- “We think our fathers fools, so wise we grow. Our wiser sons, no doubt will think us so.” – Alexander Pope
- It is not flesh and blood, but heart which makes us fathers and sons. ~ Friedrich von Schiller
- With sons and fathers, there’s an inexplicable connection and imprint that your father leaves on you. ~ Brad Pitt
- Every son quotes his father, in words and in deeds. ~ Terri Guillemets
- My father used to say that ‘it’s never too late to do anything you wanted to do. You never know what you can accomplish until you try.’ ~ Michael Jordan
- Every son’s first superhero is his father, and it was the same for me. For me, he was Superman and Batman combined. ~ Tiger Shroff
- “When my father didn’t have my hand, he had my back.” – Linda Poindexter
Dads and Daughters Quotes
- Dads have an important part in their daughters’ lives as well.
- Little girls understand that no one can protect and cherish them as much as Daddy.
- According to a study, positive father-daughter connections are associated with women becoming more assertive, self-reliant, and successful in both their academic and professional lives.
- They also foster connections that are healthier, more meaningful, and last longer.
- Her father is the girl’s first love, and he is a constant presence throughout her life. He’ll always be a source of advice and support for her, and his concerns and ideas will always be valued.
- “A little girl giggles when she is denied an ice-cream by her mother. She knows daddy will get her some later.” – Unknown
- Old as she was, she still missed her daddy sometimes. ~ Gloria Naylor
- No one in this world can love a girl more than her father. ~ Michael Ratnadeepak
- To be the father of growing daughters is to understand something of what Yeats evokes with his imperishable phrase ‘terrible beauty.’ Nothing can make one so happily exhilarated or so frightened: it’s a solid lesson in the limitations of self to realize that your heart is running around inside someone else’s body. It also makes me quite astonishingly calm at the thought of death: I know whom I would die to protect and I also understand that nobody but a lugubrious serf can possibly wish for a father who never goes away. ~ Christopher Hitchens
- You fathers will understand. You have a little girl. She looks up to you. You’re her oracle. You’re her hero. And then the day comes when she gets her first permanent wave and goes to her first real party, and from that day on, you’re in a constant state of panic. ~ Stanley T. Banks
- “It is admirable for a man to take his son fishing, but there is a special place in heaven for the father who takes his daughter shopping.” – John Sinor
- When I come home, my daughter will run to the door and give me a big hug, and everything that’s happened that day just melts away. ~ Hugh Jackman
- There’s something like a line of gold thread running through a man’s words when he talks to his daughter, and gradually over the years it gets to be long enough for you to pick up in your hands and weave into a cloth that feels like love itself. ~ John Gregory Brown
- I am not ashamed to say that no man I ever met was my father’s equal, and I never loved any other man as much. ~ Hedy Lamarr
- A daughter may outgrow your lap but she’ll never outgrow your heart. ~ Unknown
- “The greatest thing a father can do for his daughter is to love her mother.” – Elaine S. Dalton
Quotes for Dads
- If there’s one thing the history of Father’s Day teaches us, it’s that the third Sunday in June is meant to honor all fathers, not just our own.
- We all know that not everyone has a good relationship with their father. Father’s Day, on the other hand, can be a moment to honor those male role models who have helped you achieve your goals by supporting and encouraging you.
- Taking on the role of a father — whether as an adopted father, a stepfather, or a mentor – is a long and difficult commitment that thousands of individuals joyfully make on a daily basis.
- On Father’s Day, whatever your family looks like, it’s nice to express your gratitude.
- “I believe that what we become depends on what our fathers teach us at odd moments, when they aren’t trying to teach us. We are formed by little scraps of wisdom.” – Umberto Eco
- Every dad, if he takes time out of his busy life to reflect upon his fatherhood, can learn ways to become an even better dad. ~ Jack Baker
- The quality of a father can be seen in the goals, dreams and aspirations he sets not only for himself, but for his family. ~ Reed Markham
- Anyone who tells you fatherhood is the greatest thing that can happen to you, they are understating it. ~ Mike Myers
- “The heart of a father is the masterpiece of nature.” – Prevost Abbe
- He was a father. That’s what a father does. Eases the burdens of those he loves. Saves the ones he loves from painful last images that might endure for a lifetime. ~ George Saunders
- The bond that links your true family is not one of blood, but of respect and joy in each other’s life. ~ Richard Bach
- A truly rich man is one whose children run into his arms when his hands are empty. ~ Ziad K. Abdelnour
- “Daddies don’t just love their children every now and then. It’s a love without end.” – George Strait
- The pain of losing a father is unimaginable. Dads serve as protectors, heroes, buddies, and sources of inspiration, among other things.
- Father’s Day can be an especially hard and upsetting holiday for individuals who have lost their fathers. It is, however, a wonderful time to reflect on all of your happy recollections of your father.
- His influence and memories will continue to shape you long after he is gone, no matter how long he was in your life.“This is the price you pay for having a great father. You get the wonder, the joy, the tender moments – and you get the tears at the end, too.” – Harlan Coben
- A father’s love is forever imprinted on his child’s heart. ~ Jennifer Williamson
- That man is a success – who has lived well, laughed often and loved much, who has gained the respect of intelligent men and the love of children, who has filled his niche and accomplished his task. who leaves the world better than he found it, who has never lacked appreciation of earth’s beauty or failed to express it, who looked for the best in others and gave the best he had. ~ Unknown
- The loss of my father will always sting. But now, everything that I do is in honor of him and celebrates his life. ~Adrienne C. Moore
- “No matter how old we are, we still need our dads, and wonder how we’ll get by without them.” – Jennifer Williamson
- You have been there for me, no matter what bad choices I might have made… you lovingly repaired my broken spirit, helped me plot a new course, and set me free to fly on my own once again. There is no greater love than that. You will always be special to me, and no matter where life takes me, I’ll remember you with love. ~ Marilyn K. Deacon
- Dad, wherever you are, you are gone but you will never be forgotten. ~ Conrad Hall
- The loss of my father was the most traumatic event in my life – I can’t forget the pain. ~ Frank Lowy
- Deeply, I know this, that love triumphs over death. My father continues to be loved, and therefore he remains by my side. ~ Jennifer Williamson
- You will always be in my heart… because in there you’re still alive. ~ Jamie Cirello
- “If there ever comes a day when we can’t be together, keep me in your heart. I’ll stay there forever.” – Winnie the Pooh
We hope you’ve been inspired to find a meaningful way to express your gratitude to your father, whether on Father’s Day or any other day of the year. Have we forgotten your favorite Dad quote? Tell us about it in the comments!
Please take a moment to Like, Comment, and Share this post!
You’ll Laugh Out Loud at These 50 Quotes About Pursuing Happiness
We all want to be happy, regardless of our age, ethnicity, or gender. The following happiness quotes will inspire you to pursue your own personal brand of happiness.
How do you define happiness?
When you’re truly happy, everything else falls into place, including your work, relationships, and family. Many of us consider happiness to be just out of our reach. Remember that you are not alone. Ultimately, the search for happiness is something we are all interested in.
In the selections below, politicians, authors, musicians, actors, and other public figures share their views on what it means to be happy in life. You’ve come to the perfect place if you’re in need of a little inspiration.
Here are some motivational quotes about pursuing happiness to get you started.
For those of you with a wild heart, don’t forget to check out these inspirational free spirit quotes.
The search for happiness quotes
1. “Our greatest happiness does not depend on the condition of life in which chance has placed us, but is always the result of a good conscience, good health, occupation, and freedom in all just pursuits.” – Thomas Jefferson
2. “Happiness is when what you think, what you say, and what you do are in harmony.” – Mahatma Gandhi
3. “I, not events, have the power to make me happy or unhappy today. I can choose which it shall be. Yesterday is dead, tomorrow hasn’t arrived yet. I have just one day, today, and I’m going to be happy in it.” – Groucho Marx
4. “Achievement of your happiness is the only moral purpose of your life, and that happiness, not pain or mindless self-indulgence, is the proof of your moral integrity, since it is the proof and the result of your loyalty to the achievement of your values.” – Ayn Rand
5. “Happiness never lays its finger on its pulse.” – Adam Smith
6. “Happiness is a direction, not a place.” – Sydney J. Harris
7. “Happiness is not something you postpone for the future; it is something you design for the present.” — Jim Rohn
8. “The Constitution only gives people the right to pursue happiness. You have to catch it yourself.” – Benjamin Franklin
9. “It is neither wealth nor splendor; but tranquility and occupation which give you happiness.” – Thomas Jefferson
10. “Happiness is found in doing, not merely possessing.” – Napoleon Hill
11. “You can be happy where you are.” – Joel Osteen
12. “There is only one way to happiness and that is to cease worrying about things which are beyond the power of our will.” – Epictetus
If you’re enjoying these quotes, you’ll love our collection of Epictetus quotes that will make you think.
13. “A happy life must be to a great extent a quiet life, for it is only in an atmosphere of quiet that true joy dare live.” – Bertrand Russell
14. “The art of being happy lies in the power of extracting happiness from common things.” – Henry Ward Beecher
15. “True happiness is… to enjoy the present, without anxious dependence upon the future.” – Lucius Annaeus Seneca
Quotes about achieving goals and finding happiness
16. “When it is obvious that the goals cannot be reached, don’t adjust the goals, adjust the action steps.” – Confucius
17. “Our goals can only be reached through a vehicle of a plan, in which we must fervently believe, and upon which we must vigorously act. There is no other route to success.” – Pablo Picasso
18. “If what you are doing is not moving you towards your goals, then it’s moving you away from your goals.” – Brian Tracy
19. “I think goals should never be easy, they should force you to work, even if they are uncomfortable at the time.” – Michael Phelps
20. “Goals enable you to do more for yourself and others, too.” – Zig Ziglar
21. “If you want to accomplish the goals of your life, you have to begin with the spirit.” – Oprah Winfrey
22. “You need to overcome the tug of people against you as you reach for high goals.” – George S. Patton
23. “Goals help you channel your energy into action.” – Les Brown
24. “Getting organized in the normal routines of life and finishing little projects you’ve started is an important first step toward realizing larger goals. If you can’t get a handle on the small things, how will you ever get it together to focus on the big things?” – Joyce Meyer
25. “People with clear, written goals, accomplish far more in a shorter period of time than people without them could ever imagine.” – Brian Tracy
26. “Each of you, as an individual, must pick your own goals. Listen to others, but do not become a blind follower.” – Thurgood Marshall
Read these Mr. Rogers quotations to inspire you throughout the day.
Quotes about happiness in the face of adversity
27. “You know, everybody has setbacks in their life, and everybody falls short of whatever goals they might set for themselves. That’s part of living and coming to terms with who you are as a person.” – Hillary Clinton
28. “If you so choose, even the unexpected setbacks can bring new and positive possibilities. If you so choose, you can find value and fulfillment in every circumstance.” – Ralph Marston
29. “There’s always gonna be setbacks; there’s always gonna be knockdowns. There’s always gonna be people telling you, ‘Hey, you suck!’” – Post Malone
30. “If you get knocked down – setbacks in life, like applying for a job if they don’t hire you – keep trying, keep getting up, keep doing it.” – Mr. T
31. “Do not allow setbacks to set you back.” – Stacey Abrams
32. “There’s no more powerful lesson than knowing that your setbacks will one day help you succeed.” – Reshma Saujani
33. “Mentally strong people overcome setbacks with confidence because adversity only makes them better.” – Amy Morin
34. “The skills you acquire can always be effectively redeployed. You will look back on setbacks and be grateful for the catalyst that came not a moment too soon.” – Tom Freston
35. “The skills you acquire can always be effectively redeployed. You will look back on setbacks and be grateful for the catalyst that came not a moment too soon.” – Payal Kadakia
Happiness is the goal. Quotes on the power of optimism
36. “Positivity, confidence, and persistence are key in life, so never give up on yourself.” – Khalid
37. “Positivity attracts positivity.” – Alyssa Edwards
38. “Surround yourself with good people; surround yourself with positivity and people who are going to challenge you to make you better.” – Ali Krieger
39. “Positivity is like a muscle: keep exercising it, and it becomes a habit.” – Natalie Massenet
40. “The high road and positivity is never the easy way but always the best way.” – Nancy Wilson
41. “Positivity helps with everything in life.” – Stella Maxwell
42. “Positivity is such a high predictor of success rates.” – Shawn Achor
43. “Happiness, the feeling of positivity, really is the foundation of productivity.” – Miguel McKelvey
44. “I feel like everybody should just spread more love and positivity in the world. You know, positivity and love is what makes the world go around.” – Murda Beatz
Don’t forget to also check out these hilarious Shrek quotes to bring out the ogre in you.
Quotes about chasing happiness that really work
45. “It is not in the pursuit of happiness that we find fulfillment, it is in the happiness of pursuit.” – Denis Waitley
46. “Equal access to reading is fundamental to life, liberty, and the pursuit of happiness.” – Karin Slaughter
47. “The pursuit of happiness is a most ridiculous phrase: if you pursue happiness you’ll never find it.” – Carrie Snow
48. “Life, liberty, and the pursuit of happiness is part of our constitutional rights and it belongs to everybody.” – Jeffrey Tambor
49. “I think the pursuit of happiness is the pursuit of reality because illusion never leaves us ultimately happy.” – Parker Palmer
50. “There is no such thing as the pursuit of happiness, but there is the discovery of joy.” – Joyce Grenfell
So, how far along are you in your quest for happiness?
A remark from journalist Sydney J. Harris that resonated with me is “Happiness is a path, not a destination.” Many people spend their entire lives searching for happiness, even if they have so much joy in their daily lives.
You’re on the correct track when you’re able to see the good in your own life. Take a moment today to appreciate the good things in your life, no matter how minor they may be.
What’s your favorite quotation about the pursuit of happiness? Let us know what you think in the comments below!
50 Romantic, Funny, Inspiring, and Emotional Book Quotes
Reading is one of the best getaways we have in life, and the following quotations from books will encourage you to rediscover the joy of reading.
When you read a good book, it’s almost like you take a break from reality for a little while. Every once in a while, it’s healthy to take a step back from our typical routine and do something completely different. You could get involved in a risky relationship, an exciting adventure, or even a farcical comedy of blunders!
Why is it essential to spend time reading books?
You’ll never be the same after reading a wonderful book, whether you’re looking for romance, humor, or inspiration. Some books are better than others when it comes to making you cry!
For your enjoyment, here are fifty of the best quotes from and about books. In addition to our selection of the best books on relationships, books you should read before you die, and thought-provoking statements about books, we hope you like them.
Quotes from famous works of literature with a romantic flair
1.) “He stepped down, trying not to look long at her, as if she were the sun, yet he saw her, like the sun, even without looking.” – Leo Tolstoy, Anna Karenina
2.) “Whatever our souls are made out of, his and mine are the same…If all else perished, and he remained, I should still continue to be; and if all else remained, and he were annihilated, the universe would turn to a mighty stranger.” – Emily Brontë, Wuthering Heights
3.) “You are too generous to trifle with me. If your feelings are still what they were last April, tell me so at once. My affections and wishes are unchanged, but one word from you will silence me on this subject for ever.” – Jane Austen, Pride & Prejudice
4.) “You and I, it’s as though we have been taught to kiss in heaven and sent down to earth together, to see if we know what we were taught.” – Boris Pasternak, Doctor Zhivago
5.) “Do I love you? My god, if your love were a grain of sand, mine would be a universe of beaches.” – William Goldman, The Princess Bride
6.) “And when one of them meets with his other half, the actual half of himself, whether he be a lover of youth or a lover of another sort, the pair are lost in an amazement of love and friendship and intimacy.” – Plato, The Symposium
7.) “I met in the street a very poor young man who was in love. His hat was old, his coat was threadbare – there were holes at his elbows; the water passed through his shoes and the stars through his soul.” – Victor Hugo, Les Misérables
8.) “Catherine Earnshaw, may you not rest as long as I am living. You said I killed you—haunt me then. The murdered do haunt their murderers. I believe—I know that ghosts have wandered the earth. Be with me always—take any form—drive me mad. Only do not leave me in this abyss, where I cannot find you! Oh, God! It is unutterable! I cannot live without my life! I cannot live without my soul! Emily Brontë, Wuthering Heights
9.) “When he shall die, Take him and cut him out in little stars, And he will make the face of heaven so fine. That all the world will be in love with night. And pay no worship to the garish sun.” – William Shakespeare, Romeo & Juliet
10.) “I have for the first time found what I can truly love–I have found you. You are my sympathy–my better self–my good angel–I am bound to you with a strong attachment. I think you good, gifted, lovely: a fervent, a solemn passion is conceived in my heart; it leans to you, draws you to my centre and spring of life, wrap my existence about you–and, kindling in pure, powerful flame, fuses you and me in one.” – Charlotte Brontë, Jane Eyre
11.) “Your name is a golden bell hung in my heart. I would break my body to pieces to call you once by your name.” – Peter S. Beagle, The Last Unicorn
12.) “I loved her against reason, against promise, against peace, against hope, against happiness, against all discouragement that could be.” – Charles Dickens, Great Expectations
If you’re enjoying these quotes, make sure to check out our collection of wise Charles Dickens quotes on self-worth, love, and more.
13.) “I’ll hold you in my heart, until I can hold you in my arms.” – JM Barrie, Peter Pan: J M Barrie illustrated by Steve Hutton
You might also like these literature quotes to share with your favorite bookworm.
Funny book quotes from classic literature
14.) “Every harlot was a virgin once.” – William Blake, The Complete Poetry and Prose
If you’re enjoying these quotes, you’ll love our collection of William Blake quotes for the creative soul.
15.) “To lose one parent may be regarded as a misfortune; to lose both looks like carelessness.” – Oscar Wilde, The Importance of Being Earnest
16.) “Well, my comfort is, I am sure Jane will die of a broken heart, and then he will be sorry for what he has done.” – Jane Austen, Pride and Prejudice
17.) “I like persons better than principles, and I like persons with no principles better than anything else in the world.” – Oscar Wilde, The Picture of Dorian Gray
18.) “Money’s a horrid thing to follow, but a charming thing to meet.” – Henry James, The Portrait of a Lady
Also check out these classic Animal Farm quotes.
Quotes from works of classic literature that will motivate you to achieve your full potential
19.) “You are a wonderful creation. You know more than you think you know, just as you know less than you want to know.” – Oscar Wilde, The Picture of Dorian Gray
20.) “There is one thing, Emma, which a man can always do if he chooses, and that is his duty; not by maneuvering and finessing, but by vigour and resolution. – Mr. Knightley.” – Jane Austen, Emma
21.) “It was against my principles and all, but I was feeling so depressed I didn’t even think. That’s the whole trouble. When you’re feeling very depressed, you can’t even think.” – J.D. Salinger, The Catcher in the Rye (see more quotes from Catcher in the Rye)
22.) “You are braver than you believe, stronger than you seem, and smarter than you think. But the most important thing is, even if we’re apart…I’ll always be with you.” – A. A. Milne, Winnie-the-Pooh
23.) “Look, sir. Don’t worry about me,’ I said. ‘I mean it. I’ll be alright. I’m just going through a phase right now. Everybody goes through phases and all, don’t they?” – J.D. Salinger, The Catcher in the Rye
24.) “It’s delightful when your imaginations come true, isn’t it?” – L.M. Montgomery
25.) “Endless is the search of truth.” – Laurence Sterne, The Life and Opinions of Tristram Shandy, Gentleman
26.) “I am the master of my fate, I am the captain of my soul.” – Willima Ernest Henley
27.) “Don’t let politeness interfere with truth.” – Jean Webster, Daddy-Long-Legs & Dear Enemy
28.) “Despite everything, I believe that people are really good at heart.” – Anne Frank, The Diary of a Young Girl
29.) “Crying is all right in its way while it lasts. But you have to stop sooner or later, and then you still have to decide what to do.” – C.S. Lewis, The Silver Chair
Some of the most melancholy classic literature passages
30.) “So, this is my life. And I want you to know that I am both happy and sad and I’m still trying to figure out how that could be.” – Stephen Chbosky, The Perks of Being a Wallflower
31.) “Wilbur never forgot Charlotte. Although he loved her children and grandchildren dearly, none of the new spiders ever quite took her place in his heart.” – E. B. White, Charlotte’s Web
32.) “I buried Little Ann by the side of Old Dan. I knew that was where she wanted to be. I also buried part of my life along with my dog.” – Wilson Rawls, Where the Red Fern Grows
33.) “I ought to of shot that dog myself, George. I shouldn’t ought to of let no stranger shoot my dog.” – John Steinbeck, Of Mice and Men
You might also like these Of Mice of Men quotes that will inspire you to keep your head up.
34.) “She had tricked him. She had made him leave his old self behind and come into her world, and then before he was really at home in it but too late to go back, she had left him stranded there — like an astronaut wandering about on the moon. Alone.” – Katherine Patterson, Bridge to Terabithia
35.) “You see I usually find myself among strangers because I drift here and there trying to forget the sad things that happened to me.” – F. Scott Fitzgerald, The Great Gatsby
If you’re enjoying these quotes, you’ll love our collection of Great Gatsby quotes on love and loss.
Snippets of wisdom from book authors
36.) “I don’t believe in the kind of magic in my books. But I do believe something very magical can happen when you read a good book.” – J.K. Rowling
Take a look at more book quotations about the importance of reading from your favorite authors if you liked these.
38.) “The person, be it gentleman or lady, who has not pleasure in a good novel, must be intolerably stupid.” – Jane Austen, Northanger Abbey
39.) “You can never get a cup of tea large enough or a book long enough to suit me.” – C.S. Lewis
40.) “There is no friend as loyal as a book.” – Ernest Hemingway
If you’re enjoying these quotes, make sure to read our collection of Ernest Hemingway quotes from the iconic author.
41.) “I declare after all there is no enjoyment like reading! How much sooner one tires of any thing than of a book! — When I have a house of my own, I shall be miserable if I have not an excellent library.” – Jane Austen, Pride and Prejudice
42.) “Books are a uniquely portable magic.” – Stephen King (see more Stephen King quotes)
43.) “Books are the perfect entertainment: no commercials, no batteries, hours of enjoyment for each dollar spent. What I wonder is why everybody doesn’t carry a book around for those inevitable dead spots in life.” – Stephen King
44.) “Books are the mirrors of the soul.” – Virginia Woolf, Between the Acts
If you’re enjoying these quotes, you’ll love our collection of Virginia Woolf quotes that will help you understand life itself.
45.) “It is a good rule after reading a new book, never to allow yourself another new one till you have read an old one in between.” – C.S. Lewis
46.) “A book lying idle on a shelf is wasted ammunition.” – Henry Miller, The Books in My Life
47.) “Be awesome! Be a book nut!” – Dr. Seuss
48.) “There is more treasure in books than in all the pirates’ loot on Treasure Island and best of all, you can enjoy these riches every day of your life.” – Walt Disney
49.) “Speaking personally, you can have my gun, but you’ll take my book when you pry my cold, dead fingers off of the binding.” – Stephen King
50.) “If you don’t like to read, you haven’t found the right book.” – J.K Rowling
Also, check out these powerful library quotes that will make you want to sit down with a good book.
Your favorite book quote from the list above?
One of my favorite sayings is: “Books are where my friends’ stories are kept.” The ideal life, according to Mark Twain, consists of “nice company, good literature, and a lazy conscience. Aside from that, there’s another book quote in there! To this, I wholeheartedly subscribe.
One of the best ways to unwind is to read a book. Books can provide a wealth of information, but they can also provide a sense of wonder, romance, and levity. Make time to curl up under a blanket and read a nice book! if it’s been a long since you’ve done this! Let these book quotes serve as motivation to get you started on your own manuscript!
What did you think of these quotations? Do you have a favorite classic literature quotes from the list above? We’d love to hear from you in the comments below.
Ron Burgundy Quotes that Will Make You Laugh
These Ron Burgundy quotes are perfect for those moments when you need something stupid to make you chuckle.
Anchorman is a film about Ron Burgundy, a 1970s news anchorman in San Diego, played by none other than Will Ferrell. When the station hires a female anchor, he has a difficult time. She moves into his space while he and the other “anchormen” keep being macho.
The film is a comedy, as evidenced by the presence of Will Ferrell, Paul Rudd, and Steve Carrell in the cast. It’s also one with lines that are so foolish and stupid that you can’t help but chuckle at them.
We’ve compiled a list of amusing Ron Burgundy quotes that will make you laugh right now. Enjoy!
Funny Ron Burgundy quotes
1. “I love scotch. Scotchy scotch scotch. Here it goes down, down into my belly.” – Ron Burgundy
2. “OK before we start, let’s go over the ground-rules … No touching of the hair or face … And THAT’S IT. Now FIGHT!” – Ron Burgundy
3. “I don’t know how to put this but I’m kind of a big deal. People know me. I’m very important. I have many leather-bound books and my apartment smells of rich mahogany.” – Ron Burgundy
4. “Well if you were a man, I’d punch you. Punch you right in the mouth.” – Ron Burgundy
5. “I’m gonna punch you in the ovary, that’s what I’m gonna do. A straight shot. Right to the baby maker.” – Ron Burgundy
6. “I’m in a glass case of emotion!” – Ron Burgundy
7. “Mmm. I look good. I mean, really good. Hey, everyone! Come and see how good I look!” – Ron Burgundy
8. “Don’t act like you’re not impressed.” – Ron Burgundy
9. “It’s terrible. She has beautiful eyes, and her hair smells like cinnamon!” – Ron Burgundy
10. “Hello? Who’s there, I’m talkin? Hello? Who is this? Baxter… is that you? Baxter! Bark twice if you’re in Milwaukee… Is this Wilt Chamberlain? Have the courage to say something! Hello?” – Ron Burgundy
This neurotic George Costanza quotes about nothing might also appeal to you.
Popular hilarious Ron Burgundy quotes
11. “It’s so damn hot. Milk was a bad choice.” – Ron Burgundy
12. “You know how to cut to the core of me Baxter. You’re so wise. You’re like a miniature Buddha, covered with hair.” – Ron Burgundy
13. “What? You pooped in the refrigerator? And you ate the whole wheel of cheese? How’d you do that? Heck, I’m not even mad; that’s amazing.” – Ron Burgundy
14. “I’m kind of a big deal. People know me.” – Ron Burgundy
15. “Oh Audrey – I look like hell! I got bags under my eyes. What’s that? Well if you were a man, I’d punch you. Punch you right in the mouth. That’s bush. Bush league. YOU HEAR ME? AUDREY! LOOK AT ME! I’m sorry. I’m sorry. Alright?” – Ron Burgundy
16. “I saw that. Brick killed a guy. Did you throw a trident?” – Ron Burgundy
17. “Well, I could be wrong, but I believe diversity is an old, old wooden ship that was used during the Civil War era.” – Ron Burgundy
18. “You stay classy, San Diego. I’m Ron Burgundy?” – Ron Burgundy
19. “If you want to throw down in fisticuffs, fine, I’ve got Jack Johnson and Tom O’Leary waitin’ for ya…right here!” – Ron Burgundy
20. “I’m not a baby! I’m a man! An ANCHORMAN!” – Ron Burgundy
Also, check out these amusing Minion quotes to brighten your day.
Ron Burgundy quotes: one-liners
21. “Sweet Lincoln’s mullet!” – Ron Burgundy
22. “Son of a bee-sting!” – Ron Burgundy
23. “Knights of Columbus, that hurt!” – Ron Burgundy
24. “By the beard of Zeus!” – Ron Burgundy
More Ron Burgundy quotes and Anchorman quotes
25. “It is anchorman, not anchorlady. And that is a scientific fact.” – Ron Burgundy
26. “They’ve done studies, you know. 60 percent of the time, it works every time.” – Ron Burgundy
27. “Hey, where’d you get those clothes, the toilet store?” – Ron Burgundy
28. “You look like a blueberry.” – Ron Burgundy
29. “Hey, you’re making me look stupid. Get out of here, Panda Jerk!” – Ron Burgundy
30. “Oh Ron, there are literally thousands of other men that I should be with instead, but I am 72 percent sure that I love you.” – Ron Burgundy
Are you laughing yet?
Most of these Ron Burgundy quotes will leave you scratching your head if you haven’t seen the movie before. They simply won’t make sense outside of the context of the film. But, if you’ve seen and enjoyed the film, I’m sure you’re laughing right now.
When you’ve had a particularly trying day, you may simply require an escape from the outside world and a chance for your brain to rest. If you’ve had a day like that, I recommend watching Anchorman or a similar film and letting the humor take over.
Did you find these Ron Burgundy quotes amusing? Which of the following quotes is your personal favorite? Please share your thoughts in the comments box below.
Please take a moment to Like, Comment, and Share this post!
Follow us on FB
Although knowledge is something we must learn, most individuals assume that when it comes to achievement, they are experts in...
You’ll Laugh Out Loud at These 50 Quotes About Pursuing Happiness
We all want to be happy, regardless of our age, ethnicity, or gender. The following happiness quotes will inspire you...
Motivational Quotes for Children About School, Life, and Achievement
Growing up is never simple, and this meaningful collection of motivational quotes for children that will make you long for...
Just Be “YOU” – YOURSELF
Just be yourself! Have the guts to be loyal to yourself, follow your own path, and refuse to allow others...
You must set yourself apart from how the ordinary person lives; average individuals engage in average activities, which leads to...
The Meaning of Hard Work Successful people don’t just sit around acting like everyone else because they understand what hard...
Are you pursuing your passion when your days turn into months, those months turn into years, and those years turn...
I Can Do It!
I Can Do It Never give up; instead, keep working toward your goals. You need to make a decision and...
The achievement of our goals does not result from working especially hard for a few days; rather, it depends on...
9 Famous People Who Will Motivate You to Follow Your Dreams
9 Famous People Who Will Motivate You to Follow Your Dreams “Never give up.” As you advance in your profession,...
Greatness Is A Decision
Greatness Is A Decision You can choose to live life on a higher level; you don’t have to think like...
Take One Step At A Time
Be encouraged on your journey to a better life because you can alter your life and go from mediocre to...
blog2 days ago
blog2 days ago
I Can Do It!
blog2 days ago
blog2 days ago
blog2 days ago
Just Be “YOU” – YOURSELF
inspirational quotes2 days ago
Motivational Quotes for Children About School, Life, and Achievement
blog2 days ago
You’ll Laugh Out Loud at These 50 Quotes About Pursuing Happiness
blog10 hours ago