These August quotes celebrate summertime pleasures while also having universal life lessons.
The summer comes to a close in August. Seasonal change is frequently used as a metaphor for significant life transitions. The four seasons are compared to the four stages of life: winter represents old age, spring represents infancy, and summer represents adolescence.
What about August do you like?
It can be challenging to make the transition from childhood to adulthood. You played outside and were carefree during the summer (your childhood) then all of a sudden you’re off to college, working in the real world, getting married, purchasing a home, and having a baby. The years are going by more quickly, and you have the impression that December will arrive just as rapidly as August did.
While the change from summer to fall is frequently connected to the stages of life, it may also serve as a metaphor for any change from the norm. It could be a move, divorce, new job, new best friend, or the passing of a loved one. Whatever the case, transitions are a constant part of life, whether we like them or not.
The motivational August quotes and sayings below have been compiled by our team throughout the years from a variety of sources.
Also, have a look at these June quotes and sayings that will make you fall back in love with the summertime.
August quotes for a sizzling summer
1. “The month of August had turned into a griddle where the days just lay there and sizzled.” – Sue Monk Kidd
2. “The first week of August hangs at the very top of summer, the top of the live-long year, like the highest seat of a Ferris wheel when it pauses in its turning. The weeks that come before are only a climb from balmy spring, and those that follow a drop to the chill of autumn, but the first week of August is motionless, and hot. It is curiously silent, too, with blank white dawns and glaring noons, and sunsets smeared with too much color.” – Natalie Babbitt
3. “August, the summer’s last messenger of misery, is a hollow actor.” – Henry Rollins
4. “Hot weather opens the skull of a city, exposing its white brain, and its heart of nerves, which sizzle like the wires inside a lightbulb. And there exudes a sour extra-human smell that makes the very stone seem flesh-alive, webbed and pulsing.” – Truman Capote
5. “The days grew long and hot. Thick towers of swirling black clouds brought rain, and the brown stems glistened in the perpetual twilight that dwelled beneath the canopy.” – Rick Yancey
6. “Every year, August lashes out in volcanic fury, rising with the din of morning traffic, its great metallic wings smashing against the ground, heating the air with ever-increasing intensity.” – Henry Rollins
7. “In August, an inescapable blanket of heat settled over Paducah, the last gasping breath of summer roaring its weight out over the populace.” – Kelsey Brickl
8. “The morning heat had already soaked through the walls, rising up from the floor like a ghost of summers past.” – Erik Tomblin
Summertime delights in August quotes
9. “It was rapture enough just to sit there beside him in silence, alone in the summer night in the white splendor of moonshine, with the wind blowing down on them out of the pine woods.” – L.M. Montgomery
10. “If it could only be like this always – always summer, always alone, the fruit always ripe.” – Evelyn Waugh
11. “I have only to break into the tightness of a strawberry, and I see summer – its dust and lowering skies.” – Toni Morrison
12. “Summer afternoon—summer afternoon; to me those have always been the two most beautiful words in the English language.” – Henry James
13. “It is easy to forget now, how effervescent and free we all felt that summer.” – Anna Godberson
14. “Everything good, everything magical happens between the months of June and August.”—Jenny Han
15. “August of another summer, and once again I am drinking the sun and the lilies again are spread across the water.” – Mary Oliver
If you like these quotes, be sure to check out our collection of Mary Oliver quotes, which will help you see life from a different angle.
16. “Did you know that a bee dies after he stings you? And that there’s a star called Aldebaran? And that around the tenth of August, any year, you can look up in the sky at night and see dozens and dozens of shooting stars?” – Elizabeth Enright
17. “August is ripening grain in the fields blowing hot and sunny, the scent of tree-ripened peaches, of hot buttered sweet corn on the cob. Vivid dahlias fling huge tousled blossoms through gardens and joe-pye-weed dusts the meadow purple.” – Jean Hersey
18. “August is the month of the high-sailing hawks. The hen hawk is the most noticeable. He likes the haze and calm of these long, warm days. He is a bird of leisure and seems always at his ease. How beautiful and majestic are his movements!” – John Burroughs
19. “Breathe the sweetness that hovers in August.” – Denise Levertov
20. “In the long dusks of summer, we walked the suburban streets through scents of maple and cut grass, waiting for something to happen.” – Steven Millhauser
21. “When summer opens, I see how fast it matures, and fear it will be short; but after the heats of July and August, I am reconciled, like one who has had his swing, to the cool of autumn.” – Ralph Waldo Emmerson
22. “When people went on vacation, they shed their home skins, thought they could be a new person.” – Aimee Friedman
23. “Now the windows, blinded by the glare of the empty square, had fallen asleep. The balconies declared their emptiness to heaven; the open doorways smelt of coolness and wine.” – Bruno Schulz
Check out these lovely March Quotes as well.
Quotes from August on the passing of summer
24. “August rain: the best of the summer gone, and the new fall not yet born. The odd uneven time.” ―Sylvia Plath
25. “If June was the beginning of a hopeful summer, and July the juice middle, August was suddenly feeling like the bitter end.” – Sarah Dessen
26. “This morning, the sun endures past dawn. I realize that it is August: the summer’s last stand.” – Sara Baume
27. “One evening in August you have an errand outdoors, and all of a sudden it’s pitch-black. It is still summer, but the summer is no longer alive.” – Tove Jansson
28. “Caught in the doldrums of August we may have regretted the departing summer, having sighed over the vanished strawberries and all that they signified.” – Denis Mackail
29. “The crickets felt it was their duty to warn everybody that summertime cannot last forever. Even on the most beautiful days in the whole year – the days when summer is changing into autumn – the crickets spread the rumor of sadness and change.” – E.B. White
30. “August was nearly over – the month of apples and falling stars, the last care-free month for the school children. The days were not hot, but sunny and limpidly clear – the first sign of advancing autumn.” – Victor Nekrasov
If you like these quotes, you’ll adore our collection of Autumn quotes, which capture the beauty of the season.
31. “August is that last flicker of fun and heat before everything fades and dies.” – Rasmenia Massoud
32. “Less than a month ago all of August still stretched before us – long and golden and reassuring, like an endless period of delicious sleep.” – Lauren Oliver
33. “That August time it was delight. To watch the red moons wane to white.” – Algernon Charles Swinburne
If you like these quotes, be sure to go through our collection of summer quotes to honor the time of year when people like being outdoors.
Life lessons from the quotes of August
34. “In June we picked the clover, and sea-shells in July: There was no silence at the door, No word from the sky. A hand came out of August and flicked his life away: We had not time to bargain, mope, Moralize, or pray.” – Cecil Day-Lewis
35. “One day you discover you are alive. Explosion! Concussion! Illumination! Delight! You laugh, you dance around, you shout. But, not long after, the sun goes out. Snow falls, but no one sees it, on an August noon.” – Ray Bradbury
36. “August is a gentle reminder for not doing a single thing from your new year resolution for seven months and not doing it for next five.” – Crestless Wave
37. “August creates as she slumbers, replete and satisfied.” – Joseph Wood Krutch
38. “Summer, after all, is a time when wonderful things can happen to quiet people. For those few months, you’re not required to be who everyone thinks you are, and that cut-grass smell in the air and the chance to dive into the deep end of a pool give you a courage you don’t have the rest of the year. You can be grateful and easy, with no eyes on you, and no past. Summer just opens the door and lets you out.” – Deb Caletti
39. “The summer stretched out the daylight as if on a rack. Each moment was drawn out until its anatomy collapsed. Time broke down. The day progressed in an endless sequence of dead moments.” – China Miéville
40. “Childhood is June, and old age is August” – Rick Bass
41. “Life, now, was unfolding before me, constantly and visibly, like the flowers of summer that drop fanlike petals on eternal soil.” – Roman Payne
42. “All in all, it was a never to be forgotten summer — one of those summers which come seldom into any life, but leave a rich heritage of beautiful memories in their going — one of those summers which, in a fortunate combination of delightful weather, delightful friends and delightful doing, come as near to perfection as anything can come in this world.” – L.M. Montgomery
43. “I bet deep down you still wish your mom would take you clothes shopping every August for the new school year.” – Bridgette Willard
44. “In the summer, the days were long, stretching into each other. Out of school, everything was on pause and yet happening at the same time, this collection of weeks when anything was possible.” – Sarah Dessen
45. “At these times, the things that troubled her seemed far away and unimportant: all that mattered was the hum of the bees and the chirp of birdsong, the way the sun gleamed on the edge of a blue wildflower, the distant bleat and clink of grazing goats.” – Alison Croggon
Have you seen these motivational quotes and sayings for the new month?
August quotes that are inspirational
46. “Rest is not idleness, and to lie sometimes on the grass under trees on a summer’s day, listening to the murmur of the water, or watching the clouds float across the sky, is by no means a waste of time.” ―John Lubbock
47. “When the sun is shining, I can do anything; no mountain is too high, no trouble too difficult to overcome.” – Wilma Rudolph
48. “In summer, the song sings itself.” – William Carlos Williams
49. “There shall be eternal summer in the grateful heart.” – Celia Thaxter
50. “Remember to be gentle with yourself and others. We are all children of chance and none can say why some fields will blossom while others lay brown beneath the August sun.” – Kent Nerburn
Which season is your favorite?
Summertime is fun. This is a playing-centric season. The end of August might be depressing since we know it signals the end of summer. But fall also has its advantages. Autumn brings us many blessings, like sweater weather, trees that change colors, pumpkin spice lattes (if you’re into that kind of thing), and hot cocoa.
Whatever stage of life you are in, if things are changing, consider the possibility that it might be a good thing. What benefits might this modification bring? What novel experiences and lessons will you have? Think more deeply if nothing comes to mind. There is always good news.
Did you like these quotes and sayings from August? Comment below with your favorite and let us know.
Please take a moment to Like, Comment, and Share this post!
Although knowledge is something we must learn, most individuals assume that when it comes to achievement, they are experts in the field. When talking to people, it’s funny to hear them express such confidence about why it’s difficult and impossible for them to achieve. The majority of people have never experimented with anything new, have never listened to a personal development film, have never attended a success seminar, and have never consistently practiced success.
You will come across many people who will try to talk you out of your dreams. These people have never tried, they gave up before they even got started. Don’t live your life based on other people’s limited views; most people are so pessimistic when it comes to success, and they seem to think that their beliefs about the world are actually true.
You must educate yourself on how to succeed. Others have already done this by learning the necessary information and acting on it. Knowledge empowers you, helps you develop, believes in you, sees you as more than you are, shows you what is possible, and provides you with a road map for success. You only need to go looking for them, read about them, put them into practice, and act on them.
Choose to stand out from the crowd; don’t act foolishly like the cynics who sit around playing with their phones. Engage in success, develop yourself, your thoughts, your beliefs, your habits, your wealth, your goals, and your outlook on life.
Our minds are empty when we are born; what we fill them with determines what we believe. If you fill it with positive, uplifting, and inspirational knowledge, then you will have a source of information that you can use to affirm that it is possible for you to succeed. However, if you do what most people do and fill it with negative information from the world, then you will believe that it is impossible for you to succeed.
If you don’t go out and get the knowledge that will transform your life, how can you expect to succeed? You can’t do better unless you know better. If you want to advance in your life, learn from others who have experienced entrepreneurship. The majority of individuals know more about failure than they do about success, so it’s important to get knowledge in this area. There are several fundamentals to success that you should study and perfect by putting them into practice in your daily life. You can be sure that if you put what you learn into practice, you will succeed.
Knowledge is what distinguishes the successful from the unsuccessful, the winners from the losers. Successful individuals have figured out how the game works; they have gained the correct knowledge and put it to use.
In reality, we do not view the world through our eyes; rather, it is through our minds that we see it, and it is the knowledge that awakens our minds to the potential that is inside us.
“An investment in knowledge pays the best interest.”
“Real knowledge is to know the extent of one’s ignorance.” Confucius
“Knowledge has a beginning but no end.” Geeta Iyengar
“The good life is one inspired by love and guided by knowledge.” Bertrand Russell
“A people without the knowledge of their past history, origin and culture is like a tree without roots.” Marcus Garvey
“Be a lifelong student. The more you learn, the more you earn and more self-confidence you will have.” Brian Tracy
“Human behavior flows from three main sources: desire, emotion, and knowledge.” Plato
“Knowledge is the treasure of a wise man.” Anonymous
“Knowledge is power. And you need power in this world. You need as many advantages as you can get.” Ellen DeGeneres
“Any fool can know. The point is to understand.” Albert Einstein
“Share your knowledge. It is a way to achieve immortality.” Dalai Lama
“As knowledge increases, wonder deepens.” Charles Morgan
“Knowledge is the life of the mind.” Abu Bakr As-Siddiq (RA)
“Knowledge is power but enthusiasm pulls the switch.” Anonymous
“Knowledge is like a garden; if it is not cultivated, it cannot be harvested.” Proverb
“Beware of false knowledge; it is more dangerous than ignorance.” George Bernard Shaw
“Knowledge is life with wings.” William Blake
“We are drowning in information but starved for knowledge.” John Naisbitt
“How much knowledge you gain depends on your willingness to learn.” Anonymous
Please take a moment to Like, Comment, and Share this post!
You’ll Laugh Out Loud at These 50 Quotes About Pursuing Happiness
We all want to be happy, regardless of our age, ethnicity, or gender. The following happiness quotes will inspire you to pursue your own personal brand of happiness.
How do you define happiness?
When you’re truly happy, everything else falls into place, including your work, relationships, and family. Many of us consider happiness to be just out of our reach. Remember that you are not alone. Ultimately, the search for happiness is something we are all interested in.
In the selections below, politicians, authors, musicians, actors, and other public figures share their views on what it means to be happy in life. You’ve come to the perfect place if you’re in need of a little inspiration.
Here are some motivational quotes about pursuing happiness to get you started.
For those of you with a wild heart, don’t forget to check out these inspirational free spirit quotes.
The search for happiness quotes
1. “Our greatest happiness does not depend on the condition of life in which chance has placed us, but is always the result of a good conscience, good health, occupation, and freedom in all just pursuits.” – Thomas Jefferson
2. “Happiness is when what you think, what you say, and what you do are in harmony.” – Mahatma Gandhi
3. “I, not events, have the power to make me happy or unhappy today. I can choose which it shall be. Yesterday is dead, tomorrow hasn’t arrived yet. I have just one day, today, and I’m going to be happy in it.” – Groucho Marx
4. “Achievement of your happiness is the only moral purpose of your life, and that happiness, not pain or mindless self-indulgence, is the proof of your moral integrity, since it is the proof and the result of your loyalty to the achievement of your values.” – Ayn Rand
5. “Happiness never lays its finger on its pulse.” – Adam Smith
6. “Happiness is a direction, not a place.” – Sydney J. Harris
7. “Happiness is not something you postpone for the future; it is something you design for the present.” — Jim Rohn
8. “The Constitution only gives people the right to pursue happiness. You have to catch it yourself.” – Benjamin Franklin
9. “It is neither wealth nor splendor; but tranquility and occupation which give you happiness.” – Thomas Jefferson
10. “Happiness is found in doing, not merely possessing.” – Napoleon Hill
11. “You can be happy where you are.” – Joel Osteen
12. “There is only one way to happiness and that is to cease worrying about things which are beyond the power of our will.” – Epictetus
If you’re enjoying these quotes, you’ll love our collection of Epictetus quotes that will make you think.
13. “A happy life must be to a great extent a quiet life, for it is only in an atmosphere of quiet that true joy dare live.” – Bertrand Russell
14. “The art of being happy lies in the power of extracting happiness from common things.” – Henry Ward Beecher
15. “True happiness is… to enjoy the present, without anxious dependence upon the future.” – Lucius Annaeus Seneca
Quotes about achieving goals and finding happiness
16. “When it is obvious that the goals cannot be reached, don’t adjust the goals, adjust the action steps.” – Confucius
17. “Our goals can only be reached through a vehicle of a plan, in which we must fervently believe, and upon which we must vigorously act. There is no other route to success.” – Pablo Picasso
18. “If what you are doing is not moving you towards your goals, then it’s moving you away from your goals.” – Brian Tracy
19. “I think goals should never be easy, they should force you to work, even if they are uncomfortable at the time.” – Michael Phelps
20. “Goals enable you to do more for yourself and others, too.” – Zig Ziglar
21. “If you want to accomplish the goals of your life, you have to begin with the spirit.” – Oprah Winfrey
22. “You need to overcome the tug of people against you as you reach for high goals.” – George S. Patton
23. “Goals help you channel your energy into action.” – Les Brown
24. “Getting organized in the normal routines of life and finishing little projects you’ve started is an important first step toward realizing larger goals. If you can’t get a handle on the small things, how will you ever get it together to focus on the big things?” – Joyce Meyer
25. “People with clear, written goals, accomplish far more in a shorter period of time than people without them could ever imagine.” – Brian Tracy
26. “Each of you, as an individual, must pick your own goals. Listen to others, but do not become a blind follower.” – Thurgood Marshall
Read these Mr. Rogers quotations to inspire you throughout the day.
Quotes about happiness in the face of adversity
27. “You know, everybody has setbacks in their life, and everybody falls short of whatever goals they might set for themselves. That’s part of living and coming to terms with who you are as a person.” – Hillary Clinton
28. “If you so choose, even the unexpected setbacks can bring new and positive possibilities. If you so choose, you can find value and fulfillment in every circumstance.” – Ralph Marston
29. “There’s always gonna be setbacks; there’s always gonna be knockdowns. There’s always gonna be people telling you, ‘Hey, you suck!’” – Post Malone
30. “If you get knocked down – setbacks in life, like applying for a job if they don’t hire you – keep trying, keep getting up, keep doing it.” – Mr. T
31. “Do not allow setbacks to set you back.” – Stacey Abrams
32. “There’s no more powerful lesson than knowing that your setbacks will one day help you succeed.” – Reshma Saujani
33. “Mentally strong people overcome setbacks with confidence because adversity only makes them better.” – Amy Morin
34. “The skills you acquire can always be effectively redeployed. You will look back on setbacks and be grateful for the catalyst that came not a moment too soon.” – Tom Freston
35. “The skills you acquire can always be effectively redeployed. You will look back on setbacks and be grateful for the catalyst that came not a moment too soon.” – Payal Kadakia
Happiness is the goal. Quotes on the power of optimism
36. “Positivity, confidence, and persistence are key in life, so never give up on yourself.” – Khalid
37. “Positivity attracts positivity.” – Alyssa Edwards
38. “Surround yourself with good people; surround yourself with positivity and people who are going to challenge you to make you better.” – Ali Krieger
39. “Positivity is like a muscle: keep exercising it, and it becomes a habit.” – Natalie Massenet
40. “The high road and positivity is never the easy way but always the best way.” – Nancy Wilson
41. “Positivity helps with everything in life.” – Stella Maxwell
42. “Positivity is such a high predictor of success rates.” – Shawn Achor
43. “Happiness, the feeling of positivity, really is the foundation of productivity.” – Miguel McKelvey
44. “I feel like everybody should just spread more love and positivity in the world. You know, positivity and love is what makes the world go around.” – Murda Beatz
Don’t forget to also check out these hilarious Shrek quotes to bring out the ogre in you.
Quotes about chasing happiness that really work
45. “It is not in the pursuit of happiness that we find fulfillment, it is in the happiness of pursuit.” – Denis Waitley
46. “Equal access to reading is fundamental to life, liberty, and the pursuit of happiness.” – Karin Slaughter
47. “The pursuit of happiness is a most ridiculous phrase: if you pursue happiness you’ll never find it.” – Carrie Snow
48. “Life, liberty, and the pursuit of happiness is part of our constitutional rights and it belongs to everybody.” – Jeffrey Tambor
49. “I think the pursuit of happiness is the pursuit of reality because illusion never leaves us ultimately happy.” – Parker Palmer
50. “There is no such thing as the pursuit of happiness, but there is the discovery of joy.” – Joyce Grenfell
So, how far along are you in your quest for happiness?
A remark from journalist Sydney J. Harris that resonated with me is “Happiness is a path, not a destination.” Many people spend their entire lives searching for happiness, even if they have so much joy in their daily lives.
You’re on the correct track when you’re able to see the good in your own life. Take a moment today to appreciate the good things in your life, no matter how minor they may be.
What’s your favorite quotation about the pursuit of happiness? Let us know what you think in the comments below!
Motivational Quotes for Children About School, Life, and Achievement
Growing up is never simple, and this meaningful collection of motivational quotes for children that will make you long for your younger years. These straightforward but intelligent children’s quotes will serve as a reminder that youngsters frequently possess wisdom well beyond their years.
When we consider how children and students communicate, we frequently consider how they interact with adults and other children. This article focuses on the internal debate that young people have with themselves.
Just like everyone else, kids need to learn how to talk to themselves positively. Everyone faces a different set of challenges and circumstances, but young people still deal with a lot of the same issues. For instance, these are a few common difficulties that all students and children encounter:
- in search of approval from their peers
- attempting to win the approval of their parents
- Fear of being judged by others Low self-esteem
- Lack of patience towards one’s goals
- being ineffective on social networking
- Pressure to perform well comes from school, assessments at the state level, college, and society at large.
The way that children say to themselves has a significant impact on the kind of life that they will lead as they develop their identities, explore the world around them, and recognize their abilities.
All children should read these motivational quotes for kids for a variety of reasons, and this is only one of them. We also offer a selection of teen-related quotes. You should also read that.
Looking for the ideal phrases to use when motivating your children at the start of the school year?
Let’s make sure they get their recommended daily intake of inspirational quotes since kids often adopt their parents’ opinions, attitudes, and other traits.
These inspiring children’s quotes are suitable for children of all ages. Enjoy!
Inspirational quotes for children of all ages on happiness, prosperity, and life
1. “Don’t let what you can’t do stop you from doing what you can do.” – John Wooden
2. “We all can dance when we find music we love.” – Giles Andreae
If you like these quotes, see our dance quotes for more motivation to move your body.
3. “The more you give away the happier you become.”
4. “I think I can. I know I can.”
5. “It’s not what happens to you, but how you react to it that matters.” – Epictetus
6. “Being kind is never wasted.”
7. “When you know better you do better.” – Maya Angelou
8. “Do what you can, with what you have, where you are.” – Theodore Roosevelt
9. “You always pass failure on the way to success.” – Mickey Rooney
10. “Make each day your masterpiece.” – John Wooden
Inspirational children quotes about life and dreams
11. “Reach high, for stars lie hidden in your soul. Dream deep, for every dream precedes the goal.” – Pamela Vaull Starr
12. “No one is perfect – that’s why pencils have erasers.” – Wolfgang Riebe
13. “Never waste a minute thinking of anyone you don’t like.” – Eisenhower
14. “Only surround yourself with people who will lift you higher.” – Oprah Winfrey
Do you have the courage to get rid of the toxic people in your life?
We all have them. One of the most important things we can do is surround ourselves with people who believe in us, support us and love us unconditionally.
If your friends don’t meet that criterion, then it might be time to find some new friends.
15. “Why fit in when you were born to stand out?” – Dr. Seuss
16. “Never let the odds keep you from doing what you know in your heart you were meant to do.” – H. Jackson Brown
17. “There is a voice inside of you, that whispers all day long, I feel this is right for me, or I know that this is wrong.”
18. “You can steer yourself any direction you choose.” – Dr. Seuss
9. “The more that you read, the more things you will know. The more that you learn, the more places you’ll go.” – Dr. Seuss
20. “Anything is possible. Anything can be.” – Shel Silverstein
Also see these inspiring childhood quotes.
Inspirational quotes for children about education and achievement
21. “If you want your children to be intelligent, read them fairy tales. If you want them to be more intelligent, read them more fairy tales.” ― Albert Einstein
22. “You have to write the book that wants to be written. And if the book will be too difficult for grown-ups, then you write it for children.” ― Madeleine L’Engle
23. “Children must be taught how to think, not what to think.” ― Margaret Mead
24. “Never give up on what you really want to do. The person with big dreams is more powerful than one with all the facts. ” – Albert Einstein
25. “Winning doesn’t always mean being first. Winning means you’re doing better than you’ve done before. ” – Bonnie Blair
26. “Don’t just read the easy stuff. You may be entertained by it, but you will never grow from it.” – Jim Rohn
27. “Nothing is particularly hard if you break it down into small jobs.” – Henry Ford
28. “When you do the common things in life in an uncommon way, you will command the attention of the world.” – George Washington Carver
29. “You must be the change you wish to see in the world.” – Mahatma Gandhi
30. “Be silly, be honest, be kind.” – Ralph Waldo Emerson
You might also enjoy these heartwarming and humorous quotes and sayings about kids.
Kids’ inspirational quotes for motivation
31. The secret of success is to do the common things uncommonly well. – John D. Rockefeller
32. “The worst part of success is trying to find someone who is happy for you.” ― Bette Midler
33. “Success is not how high you have climbed, but how you make a positive difference to the world.” ― Roy T. Bennett
34. “Only those who dare to fail greatly can ever achieve greatly.” ― Robert F. Kennedy
35. “Judge your success by what you had to give up in order to get it.” ― Dalai Lama XIV
36. “I’ve come to believe that each of us has a personal calling that’s as unique as a fingerprint – and that the best way to succeed is to discover what you love and then find a way to offer it to others in the form of service, working hard, and also allowing the energy of the universe to lead you. ” ― Oprah Winfrey
37. “Success is a state of mind. If you want success, start thinking of yourself as a success.” ― Joyce Brothers
38. “If I cannot do great things, I can do small things in a great way” ― Martin Luther King Jr.
39. “I have learned that success is to be measured not so much by the position that one has reached in life as by the obstacles which he has overcome while trying to succeed.” ― Booker T. Washington
40. “Success means we go to sleep at night knowing that our talents and abilities were used in a way that served others.” ― Marianne Williamson
Children quotes to motivate and teach them
41. “I don’t love studying. I hate studying. I like learning. Learning is beautiful.” – Natalie Portman
42. All students can learn and succeed, but not on the same day in the same way. – William Spady
43. There is no substitute for hard work. – Thomas Edison
44. “If you have good thoughts they will shine out of your face like sunbeams and you will always look lovely.” – Roald Dahl
45. “We know what we are but know not what we may be.” – Shakespeare
46. Yesterday is history. Tomorrow is a mystery. Today is a gift. That’s why we call it ‘The Present’. – Eleanor Roosevelt
47. “We grow great by dreams.” – Woodrow Wilson
48. MOST GREAT LEARNING HAPPENS IN GROUPS. COLLABORATION IS THE STUFF OF GROWTH. – Sir Ken Robinson
49. “There are no secrets to success. It is the result of preparation, hard work, and learning from failure.” – Colin Powell
50. FORGIVENESS DOES NOT CHANGE THE PAST, BUT IT DOES ENLARGE THE FUTURE. – Paul Boese
Remember to read these amazing preschool quotes for children and children at heart as well.
Children motivational quotes about being good
51. “Children are not things to be molded, but are people to be unfolded.” — Jess Lair
52. “Every child you encounter is a divine appointment.” — Wess Stafford
53. “Children are our most valuable resource.” — Herbert Hoover
54. “Only where children gather is there any real chance of fun. ”— Mignon McLaughlin
55. “Anyone who does anything to help a child is a hero to me.” — Fred Rogers
56. “The greatest gifts you can give your children are the roots of responsibility and the wings of independence.” — Denis Waitley
57. “Always kiss your children goodnight, even if they’re already asleep.”
— H. Jackson Brown
58. “A person’s a person, no matter how small.” – Dr. Seuss
59. “Children will listen to you after they feel listened to.” – Jane Nelsen
60. “You are the bows from which your children as living arrows are sent forth.” – Kahlil Gibran
If you like these quotes, you’ll also like our collection of short motivational quotes that will keep you optimistic and cheerful.
Kindness-related inspirational children’s quotes
61. “What this world needs is a new kind of army – the army of the kind.” – Cleveland Amory
62. “If you can’t feed a hundred people, then just feed one.” – Margaret Mead
63. “No act of kindness, no matter how small, is ever wasted.” – Aesop
64. “When I was young, I admired clever people. Now that I am old, I admire kind people.” – Abraham Joshua Heschel
65. “I feel the capacity to care is the thing which gives life its deepest significance.” – Pablo Casals
66. “Go confidently in the direction of your dreams. Live the life you have imagined.” – Henry David Thoreau
67. “Always keep a positive mindset, it will improve your outlook on the world.” – Roald Dahl
68. “No one can make you feel inferior without your consent.” – Eleanor Roosevelt
69. “Being different isn’t a bad thing. It means you’re brave enough to be yourself.” – Luna Lovegood
70. “If you can dream it, you can do it.” – Walt Disney
Cute children quotes about life
71. “Life itself is the most wonderful fairy tale.” – Hans Christen Andersen
72. “The secret of getting ahead is getting started.” – Mark Twain
73. “Row, row, row your boat. Gently down the stream. Merrily, merrily, merrily, merrily, life is but a dream.” – Alice Munro
74. “Don’t doubt your value. Don’t run from who you are.” – Aslan
75. “The weak can never forgive. Forgiveness is the attribute of the strong.” – Mahatma Gandhi
76. “It is better to be a failure at something you love than to be a success at something you hate.” – George Burns
77. “No kid is unsmart. Every kid’s a genius at something. Our job is to find it. And then encourage it.” – Robin Sharma
78. “Never be so busy as not to think of others.” – Mother Teresa
79. “There is no exercise better for the heart than reaching down and lifting people up.” – John Holmes
80. “That best portion of a man’s life, his little, nameless, unremembered acts of kindness and love.” – William Wordsworth
Motivational quotes for kids about good behavior
81. “Manners easily and rapidly mature into morals.” – Horace Mann
82. “You are always responsible for how you act, no matter how you feel.”
― Robert Tew
83. “Your behavior is a choice; it isn’t who you are.”― Vanessa Diffenbaugh
84. “One thing I believe strongly in this life is that you just don’t reward bad behavior.” ― Dr. Phil
85. “If you want to change attitudes, start with a change in behavior.”
― Katharine Hepburn
If you like these quotes, you’ll adore our collection of attitude quotes that will help you succeed.
86. “Do not let the behavior of others destroy your inner peace.”
― Dalai Lama
87. “Respect for ourselves guides our morals, respect for others guides our manners.” – Laurence Sterne
88. “We must not demonstrate any arrogance, and we must refrain from any irrational or undemocratic behavior.”― Chen Shui-bian
89. “Manners and politeness will never become old-fashioned.” – Auliq Ice
90. “Threatening people who do not believe as you do is not Christian behavior.” ― Linda Wood
Motivational quotes for kids about politeness
91. “Kindness and politeness are not overrated at all. They’re underused.” – Tommy Lee Jones
92. “Politeness is good nature regulated by good sense.” – Sydney Smith
93. “Even though you’re growing up, you should never stop having fun.” Nina Dobrev
94. “Politeness is … forgetting ourselves in order to seek what may be agreeable to others.” – Wellins Calcott
95. “A man’s own manner and character is what most becomes him.” – Cicero
96. “Nobody loses anything by being polite, but there are a lot of people who are afraid to take the risk.” – Evan Esar
97. “Friends and good manners will carry you where money won’t go.” – Margaret Walker
98. “A man never loses anything by politeness.” – Henry Venn
99. “The only true source of politeness is consideration.” – William Gilmore Simm
100. “Politeness is the flower of humanity.” – Joseph Joubert
Inspirational quotes for kids about learning and school
101. “Time to rise. Time for school! Open your eyes.” — Tammie Jones
102. “The most important day of a person’s education is the first day of school, not Graduation Day.” ― Harry Wong
You’ll adore our collection of school quotes about learning and progress if you like these quotes.
103. “A good education is a foundation for a better future.” – Elizabeth Warren
If you like these quotes, see more by Elizabeth Warren on politics, business, and other quotes in our collection.
104. “Today is the first day of the rest of your life.” ― Charles Dederich
105. “You’re off to great places. Today is your first day! Your mountain is waiting, so get on your way!”― Dr. Seuss
106. “Knowledge will bring you the opportunity to make a difference.” ― Claire Fagin
107. “Change is the end result of all true learning.” – Leo Buscaglia
108. “Wisdom…. comes not from age, but from education and learning.” ― Anton Chekhov
109. “Develop a passion for learning. If you do, you will never cease to grow.” — Anthony J. D’Angelo
110. “School bells are ringing loud and clear; vacation’s over, school is here.” — Winifred C. Marshal
If you like these quotes, be sure to check out our collection of first-day-of-school quotes to help you get ready for the year.
Kids’ success quotes that are motivational
111. “Just when the caterpillar thought the world was ending, he turned into a butterfly.” – Proverb
112. “If you’re offered a seat on a rocket ship, don’t ask what seat! Just get on.” – Sheryl Sandberg
113. “Whenever you see a successful person you only see the public glories, never the private sacrifices to reach them.” – Vaibhav Shah
114. “Only those who will risk going too far can possibly find out how far one can go.” – T. S. Eliot
115. “Opportunities don’t happen, you create them.” – Chris Grosser
116. “A successful man is one who can lay a firm foundation with the bricks others have thrown at him.” – David Brinkley
117. “If you don’t build your dream, someone else will hire you to help them build theirs.” – Dhirubhai Ambani
118. “The whole secret of a successful life is to find out what is one’s destiny to do, and then do it.” – Henry Ford
119. “Don’t judge each day by the harvest you reap but by the seeds that you plant.“ – Robert Louis Stevenson
120. “Always go with your passions. Never ask yourself if it’s realistic or not.” – Deepak Chopra
Inspirational quotes for children about education
121. “Don’t let schooling interfere with your education.” – Mark Twain
122. “The only person who is educated is the one who has learned how to learn …and change.” – Carl Rogers
123. “Education must not simply teach work – it must teach Life.” – W. E. B. Du Bois
124. “If people did not do silly things, nothing intelligent would ever get done.” – Ludwig Wittgenstein
125. “Education is the passport to the future, for tomorrow belongs to those who prepare for it today.” – Malcolm X
126. “Who questions much, shall learn much, and retain much.”– Francis Bacon
127. “Aim for success, not perfection. Never give up your right to be wrong, because then you will lose the ability to learn new things and move forward with your life. Remember that fear always lurks behind perfectionism.” – David M. Burns
128. “The essence of knowledge is, having it, to apply it; not having it, to confess your ignorance.” – Confucius
129. “The great aim of education is not knowledge but action.” – Herbert Spencer
If you like these quotes, be sure to check out our collection of education quotes.
130. “Everybody’s a teacher if you listen.” – Doris Roberts
Motivational quotes for children to live by
131.“Anyone who has never made a mistake has never tried anything new.” – Albert Einstein
132. “Believe in yourself. You are braver than you think, more talented than you know, and capable of more than you imagine.” — Roy T. Bennett
133. “Start where you are. Use what you have. Do what you can.” – Arthur Ashe
134. “Never give up, for that is the place and time that the tide will turn.” — Harriet Beecher Stowe
135. “Your attitude, not your aptitude, will determine your altitude.” – Zig Ziglar
136. “You must take personal responsibility. You cannot change the circumstances, the seasons, or the wind, but you can change yourself. That is something you have.” — Jim Rohn
137. “Don’t let what you cannot do interfere with what you can do.” –
John R. Wooden
138. “Winning doesn’t mean being first. Winning means you’re doing better than you’ve done before.” — Bonnie Blair
139. “You will either step forward into growth, or you will step backward into safety.” – Abraham Maslow
140. “All our dreams can come true if we have the courage to pursue them.” — Walt Disney
Inspirational quotes for children about life and success
141. “Life doesn’t give us purpose. We give life purpose.” – The Flash
142. “Don’t let life discourage you; everyone who got where he is had to begin where he was.” – Richard L. Evans
143. “Why do we fall? So we can learn to pick ourselves back up.” – Batman
144. “Wise people learn when they can; fools learn when they must.” –Arthur Wellesley
145. “Unless someone like you cares a whole awful lot, nothing is going to get better. It’s not.” – The Lorax, Dr. Seuss
146. “Remember, happiness doesn’t depend upon who you are or what you have; it depends solely upon what you think.” – Dale Carnegie
147. “A little consideration, a little thought for others, makes all the difference.” – Eeyore, Winnie-the-Pooh
148. “Never look down on anybody unless you’re helping them up.” – Jesse Jackson
149. “You can’t use up creativity. The more you use, the more you have.” – Maya Angelou
150. “Everywhere you go, leave a glitter trail of kindness behind you.” – Unknown
Inspirational quotes for children to help them succeed
151. “Politeness is the art of choosing among one’s real thoughts.” – Abel Stevens
152. “Choose your friends with caution, plan your future with purpose, and frame your life with faith.” – Thomas S. Monson
153. “Good manners are just a way of showing other people that we have respect for them.” – Bill Kelly
154. “Learning never exhausts the mind.” – Leonardo da Vinci
155. “To be yourself in a world that is constantly trying to make you something else is the greatest accomplishment.” – Ralph Waldo Emerson
156. “A little consideration, a little thought for others, makes all the difference.” – Eeyore
157. “You’ve got to do your own growing, no matter how tall your grandfather was.” – Irish Proverb
158. “Never fear shadows. They simply mean that there’s a light somewhere nearby.” – Ruth E. Renkei
159. “Wheresoever you go, go with all your heart.” – Confucious
160. “Do all you can to make your dreams come true.” – Joel Osteen
Inspirational quotes for children to guide them
161. “Life is a succession of lessons which must be lived to be understood.” – Helen Keller
162. “Love is the most important thing in life.” – Rainbow
163. “The time is always right to do what is right.” – Martin Luther King, Jr.
164. “When you choose your friends, don’t be short-changed by choosing personality over character.” – W. Somerset Maugham
165. “We make a living by what we get, but we make a life by what we give.” – Winston Churchill
166. “There is only one thing that makes a dream impossible to achieve: the fear of failure.”– Paulo Coelho
167. “Not only must we be good, but we must also be good for something.” – Henry David Thoreau
168. “You’re braver than you believe, stronger than you seem, and smarter than you think.” – A.A. Milne
169. “Have a heart that never hardens, and a temper that never tires and a touch that never hurts.” – Charles Dickens
170. “Be kind whenever possible. It is always possible.” – Dalai Lama
Cute and inspirational quotes for children
171. “A smile is an inexpensive way to change your looks.” – Charles Gordy
172. “Each day is a new day, a new opportunity to work towards making your life the way you want it.” – Josie Cluney
173. “If you’re able to be yourself, then you have no competition.” – Barbara Cook
174. “Good manners encompass all the things that make the people around us feel good.” – Jacquie McTaggart
175. “The most important thing in life is to stop saying “I wish” and start saying “I will”. – Charles Dickens
176. “When you laugh, you change, and when you change, the world changes.” – Madan Kataria
177. “No matter what people tell you, words and ideas can change the world.” – Robin Williams
178. “There will never be another precious you! Be yourself. Stay true to your inner nature.” – Gail Mewes
179. “It is clear the future holds great opportunities. It also holds pitfalls. The trick will be to avoid the pitfalls, seize the opportunities.” – Woody Allen
180. “Be sure those you have around you encourage, inspire and motivate you to continue to move to the next level.” – Honoree Corder
If you’re enjoying these quotes, make sure to read our collection of encouraging quotes to help keep you going.
Inspirational quotes for children to encourage them
181. “To do the useful thing, to say the courageous thing, to contemplate the beautiful thing: that is enough for one man’s life.” – T.S. Eliot
182. “Be thankful for what you have; you’ll end up having more. If you concentrate on what you don’t have, you will never, ever have enough.” – Oprah Winfrey
183. “To me every hour of the day and night is an unspeakably perfect miracle.” – Walt Whitman
184. “Everything you’ve ever wanted is on the other side of fear.” – George Addair
185. “It’s good to have an end to journey toward, but it’s the journey that matters in the end.” – Ursula K. LeGuin
186. “Press forward. Do not stop, do not linger in your journey, but strive for the mark set before you.” – George Whitefield
187. “In any moment of decision, the best thing you can do is the right thing. The worst thing you can do is nothing.” – Theodore Roosevelt
188. “With the new day comes new strength and new thoughts.” – Eleanor Roosevelt
189. “Nothing is impossible, the word itself says “I’m possible!”– Audrey Hepburn
If you like these quotes, explore our collection of Audrey Hepburn quotes about life, style, and parenting.
190. “If you hear a voice within you say ‘you cannot paint,’ then by all means paint and that voice will be silenced.” – Vincent Van Gogh
Inspirational quotes for children about success
191. “Preparation is the key to success.” – Alexander Graham Bell
192. “There’s no elevator to success. You have to take the stairs.” – Unknown
193. “The expert in anything was once a beginner.” – Helen Hayes
194. “The dictionary is the only place where success comes before work.” – Mark Twain
195. “You get in life what you have the courage to ask for.” – Oprah Winfrey
196. “Success is the sum of small efforts being repeated day in and day out.” – Robert Collier
197. “Success is not the key to happiness. Happiness is the key to success. If you love what you are doing, you will be successful.” – Herman Cain
198. “Success means having the courage, the determination, and the will to become the person you believe you were meant to be.” – George Sheehan
199. “If you really want to do something, you will find a way. If you don’t, you’ll find an excuse.” – Jim Rohn
200. “Practice isn’t the thing you do once your good. It’s the thing you do that makes you good.” – Malcolm Gladwell
Motivational and inspirational quotes for children
201. “Every action in our lives touches on some chord that will vibrate in eternity.” – Edwin Hubbel Chapin
202. “Today a reader, tomorrow a leader.” – Margaret Fuller
203. “Have the courage to start, the perseverance to continue and the kindness to make it all beautiful.” – Maxime Lagacé
204. “Aim for the moon. If you miss, you may hit a star.” – W. Clement Stone
205. “You can get help from teachers but you have a lot to learn by yourself sitting alone in a room.” – Dr. Seuss
206. “I’m not telling you it’s going to be easy – I’m telling you it’s going to be worth it.”― Art Williams
207. “Cultivate authenticity: let go of what people think.” – Brené Brown
208. “The expert at anything was once a beginner.”― Helen Hayes
209. “I think everybody’s weird. We should all celebrate our individuality and not be embarrassed or ashamed of it.” – Johnny Depp
210. “The beautiful thing about learning is that no one can take it away from you.” – B.B. King
Inspirational quotes for children to live by
211. “I arise in the morning torn between a desire to improve the world and a desire to enjoy the world.” – E.B. White
212. “I believe that every person is born with talent.” – Maya Angelou
213. “Don’t believe you have to be like anybody to be somebody.” – Nike
214. “Don’t watch the clock; do what it does. Keep going.” – Sam Levenson
215. “When you see a good man, try to emulate his example, and when you see a bad man, search yourself for his faults.” – Confucius
216. “If you want to do something, you’ll find a way. If you don’t, you’ll find an excuse.” ― Jim Rohn
217. “The things that make me different are the things that make me.” – Winnie the Pooh (A. A. Milne)
218. “Live as if you were to die tomorrow. Learn as if you were to live forever.” – Mahatma Gandhi
219. “Today is another opportunity to learn anything you want.” – Johnny Uzan
220. “What we learn with pleasure we never forget.” – Alfred Mercier
Quotes for children to enlighten them
221. “Pain is temporary. Quitting lasts forever.” – Lance Armstrong
222. “We become what we think about.” – Earl Nightingale
223. “Motivation is what gets you started. Habit is what keeps you going.” – Jim Rohn
224. “The best time to plant a tree was 20 years ago. The second best time is now.” – Chinese Proverb
225. “Success consists of getting up just one more time than you fall.” – Oliver Goldsmith
226. “The best revenge is massive success.” –Frank Sinatra
227. “Success is the sum of small efforts repeated day-in and day-out.” – Robert Collier
228. “Certain things catch your eye, but pursue only those that capture the heart.” – Ancient Indian Proverb
229. “Look in the mirror. That’s your competition.”– John Assaraf
230. “Never stop trying. Never stop believing. Never give up. Your day will come.” – Unknown
Other quotes for kids
231. “A problem is a chance for you to do your best.” – Duke Ellington
232. “The mind is everything. What you think you become.” –Buddha
233. “A little progress each day adds up to big results.” – Satya Nani
234. “Winning isn’t everything, but wanting to win is.” –Vince Lombardi
235. “Focus on your goal. Don’t look in any direction but ahead.” – Unknown
236. “The only person you are destined to become is the person you decide to be.” –Ralph Waldo Emerson
237. “Believe you can and you’re halfway there.” – Theodore Roosevelt
238. “Success is what comes after you stop making excuses.” – Luis Galarza
239. “It’s not about perfect. It’s about effort.” – Jillian Michaels
240. “When it gets difficult is often right before you succeed.” – Jeffrey Walker
Want more than just kids’ motivational quotes?
Every now and again, we could all use some motivational quotes. The kids’ quotes above are meant to motivate kids to succeed in both schools and in life.
Did you find these kids’ inspiring quotes to be enjoyable? What further inspirational kids quotes would you add? Please post them in the comments section below.
Please take a moment to Like, Comment, and Share this post!
Follow us on FB
Although knowledge is something we must learn, most individuals assume that when it comes to achievement, they are experts in...
You’ll Laugh Out Loud at These 50 Quotes About Pursuing Happiness
We all want to be happy, regardless of our age, ethnicity, or gender. The following happiness quotes will inspire you...
Motivational Quotes for Children About School, Life, and Achievement
Growing up is never simple, and this meaningful collection of motivational quotes for children that will make you long for...
Just Be “YOU” – YOURSELF
Just be yourself! Have the guts to be loyal to yourself, follow your own path, and refuse to allow others...
You must set yourself apart from how the ordinary person lives; average individuals engage in average activities, which leads to...
The Meaning of Hard Work Successful people don’t just sit around acting like everyone else because they understand what hard...
Are you pursuing your passion when your days turn into months, those months turn into years, and those years turn...
I Can Do It!
I Can Do It Never give up; instead, keep working toward your goals. You need to make a decision and...
The achievement of our goals does not result from working especially hard for a few days; rather, it depends on...
9 Famous People Who Will Motivate You to Follow Your Dreams
9 Famous People Who Will Motivate You to Follow Your Dreams “Never give up.” As you advance in your profession,...
Greatness Is A Decision
Greatness Is A Decision You can choose to live life on a higher level; you don’t have to think like...
Take One Step At A Time
Be encouraged on your journey to a better life because you can alter your life and go from mediocre to...
- blog2 days ago
- blog2 days ago
I Can Do It!
- blog2 days ago
- blog2 days ago
- blog2 days ago
Just Be “YOU” – YOURSELF
- inspirational quotes2 days ago
Motivational Quotes for Children About School, Life, and Achievement
- blog1 day ago
You’ll Laugh Out Loud at These 50 Quotes About Pursuing Happiness
- blog7 hours ago